Three Forums or Two Forums???

OK, it might be a good opportunity 6ish months on now since the Opposition Forum was created to discuss the merits of the change, and how Saintsational now works with 3 forums running rather than 2.

The big advantage of the current setup, IMO, is the "pure" Saints board, that is now the main forum....I actually don't mind it now that I've got used to it.

The Opposition/General AFL forum, whilst slowly building, is still not utilised anywhere near as well as I thought it may before it was set up.

I see that we have 3 options:

1. Status Quo

2. Revert back to old format: ALL AFL stuff on the main forum, everything else on the General Forum

3. Keep the main forum "Pure St Kilda (and Sandy!)", with everything else on the General Forum, and no Opp Forum.

My belief is that option 3 would work best - it's basically the best of Option 1 and 2.

I know the mods supposedly created the Opp forum due to user requests, but surely this (and everything), can be subject to a fair review ocassionally?

Thoughts??

Moorabbin Saints

Wait until next season. I reckon the opposition forum may kick start a bit.

cowboy18

Re: Three Forums or Two Forums???

saintspremiers wrote: Thoughts??
Why change?

There doesn't seem to be any valid reason.

cowboy18 wrote:
Why change?

Exactly

Hey SP, we do realise that the Oppo forum has been a dislike of yours from Day 1 pretty much 8-) ..but the bottom line is that it will take a lot more than one person wanting its demise before it will happen

Feel free to discuss of course, but unless there's major groundswell of change..it stays.

Its not like its never used..and the longer its there the longer people will get used to it and have a look at it..especially as move things there that are incorrectly placed in the Saints Forum, as we'll always leave a shadow thread when doing that

cowboy18 wrote:
Why change?

agreed.

What is wrong with the current set up and why do feel the need to bring this up?

If posters feel the need to post about another club and if opposition posters want to join in and give their perspective of our thoughts, what is wrong with that?

I really don't see the reason in the making of this thread IMO

Oh and another point...

I actually don't mind it now that I've got used to it.
Not quite mate, maybe this should have been posted in the Opposition Forum to start with. :idea:

cowboy18 wrote:
Why change?

Exactly

Hey SP, we do realise that the Oppo forum has been a dislike of yours from Day 1 pretty much 8-) ..but the bottom line is that it will take a lot more than one person wanting its demise before it will happen

Feel free to discuss of course, but unless there's major groundswell of change..it stays.

Its not like its never used..and the longer its there the longer people will get used to it and have a look at it..especially as move things there that are incorrectly placed in the Saints Forum, as we'll always leave a shadow thread when doing that
May I ask how many people wanted the change in the first place? (I don't expect you know exact numbers, just roughly!).

I was OK with the concept before it was implemented, it's just that the Opp forum gets bugger all traffic - YOU are aware of that!

If all general/opposition AFL stuff that goes there now went to the General Forum, we'd get a lot more discussion.....afterall, isn't that what the forum is about??

Not only that, you'd still keep the main forum (under my proposal), exactly the same as it is now!

I know there are others that want a change......I hope they speak up now!

cowboy18

But screw up the general forum?

It's the only place that has civilised discussion. :wink:

cowboy18 wrote:But screw up the general forum?

It's the only place that has civilised discussion. :wink:
Agree. Just goes to show that in the general forum, people debate with rationality.

As soon as footy enters the argument... all sanity goes out the window.

AFL = mental instability IMO. :lol:

Oh, and keep the 3 forums as is. works well.

May I ask how many people wanted the change in the first place? (I don't expect you know exact numbers, just roughly!).
Heaps...we were inundated with people grizzling about congratulations for Brad Johnsons 300th game being in a St Kilda thread..so we tried to give people what they wanted

If there was a similar "we are sick of it" reaction then fine..but I somehow doubt there will be, cos IIRC every time this subject is raised the instigator is...your good self :-)

So far everyone whos taken the time to comment wants it to stay...so I reckon thats whats gonna hapen :-)

Heaps...we were inundated with people grizzling about congratulations for Brad Johnsons 300th game being in a St Kilda thread..so we tried to give people what they wanted

If there was a similar "we are sick of it" reaction then fine..but I somehow doubt there will be, cos IIRC every time this subject is raised the instigator is...your good self :-)

So far everyone whos taken the time to comment wants it to stay...so I reckon thats whats gonna hapen :-)
So far you are right that there have been no objections, but it's only been a few hours on a quiet Saturday night!

And I'm not the only one to raise, so sorry you are wrong there.

Cowboy has a point though about the shytfest that this forum often turns into, as opposed to the General one - can't argue that point!

FWIW, having just become more active in nthe gen forum, I reckon it's a really good lace. I enjoy talking non-footy issues, and can have a laugh about things with fellow forumites, that wouldn't happen on the main forum.

I also agree that the Opposition forum is a good place to keep opposition news, unless it involves St Kilda.

In fact if we had a 4th forum for "Knobs and Knockers' this place would be complete. :lol:

take a look at the collingwood and port adelaide forums. they have heaps of options! :shock: one including a cheer squad forum, what i like as they upload photos of the banner on there, interstate trip photos, their 'banner sayings suggestions' thread (and no i did not copy the pies idea, i swear to god they copied me! :evil: ) general questions where the cheer squad will be sitting each week, and all other news about ticketed games interstate tickets etc... i reckon one of those would suit saintsational :wink:
also could have moorabbin-wing updates and other mw news.

........just a though :)

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."

So why are we actually debating it?

Leave it the way it is a deal with it.

If this is the biggest news topic of your day, then all I can say is Fair Dinkum!

SENsaintsational wrote:saintspremiers wrote:
So why are we actually debating it?

Leave it the way it is a deal with it.

If this is the biggest news topic of your day, then all I can say is Fair Dinkum!
agreed, and just what I have said previously...

Just what is the point of this thread??

Three forums - barely enough.

Two forums - dear god...

And so freaking what if it doesn't get a lot of traffic? Honestly? It serves a purpose. This is a St Kilda site. If you don't want to discuss St Kilda issues on the main forum, do it on the Opposition forum or on BigFooty.

It's simple, easy and effective. We're happy with it and the same could be said for the majority of our posting public.

evertonfc wrote:Three forums - barely enough.

Two forums - dear god...

And so freaking what if it doesn't get a lot of traffic? Honestly? It serves a purpose. This is a St Kilda site. If you don't want to discuss St Kilda issues on the main forum, do it on the Opposition forum or on BigFooty.

It's simple, easy and effective. We're happy with it and the same could be said for the majority of our posting public.
Agreed. It's quite good having a graveyard handy where we can bury irrelevant threads. 8-)

I thought Armoooo locked this thread...I liked his style. Now I'm disappointed.

This thread should be moved to the General Forum.

Any relevant St Kilda material?

I thought not. I liked Armooo's style. Vamoose the crap!!

I'm going to start another thread on the benefits of sub-forumage and why social interaction can be enhanced by having multiple sub-forums. And then sub-forums within the sub-forum itself. Multiple menuing!

And I want a forum for each AFL club inside the Opposition Forum...I don't want to see a Brad Johnson thread next to a thread on Neil Craig, for example. Cannot happen. Unheard of.

I reckon I am spending way too much time on this.......or am I?

Or we could just get over it and move on.....

Lol, sorry to disappoint you guys, I thought this thread was harmless enough to continue :lol:

degruch wrote:I thought Armoooo locked this thread...I liked his style. Now I'm disappointed.
Its in the opposition forum; the SS version of the elephants' graveyard. :(

I really can't believe the title of this thread to be honest...

The OP only wants 2 Forums...

and yet forums like..

Richmond have 9

Collingwood have 24

Talking Carlton have 12

and this the OP just wants the 2...

:?: :?:

St Fidelius wrote:I
Collingwood have 24

what do they do with 24 ???????

the more there are the less they are read IMHO

saintbrat wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:I
Collingwood have 24

what do they do with 24 ???????

the more there are the less they are read IMHO
I really don't give much of a flower what they read but the suggestion of just 2 forums, to me is ridiculous IMO.

To pile anything that is not St Kilda into just the one bucket is ludricrous IMO..

The General Forum is there for anything that is NOT Football...

The Opposition Forum is talking football that is not Saints related..

F*** me just what is wrong with that :?: :?:

Is it just the off season, or just why has the OP decided to have a whinge about it.

Just what does he want???

To pile everything that is not Saints into one bucket :?:

If that's the case NO

Cool your jets there Fid.

I don't believe that the OP was demanding we reverted to the old system, he was merely asking we take a moment to review the situation.
I know the mods supposedly created the Opp forum due to user requests, but surely this (and everything), can be subject to a fair review ocassionally?
This is completely fair enough, he actually says that he doesn't mind the current system also.

Personally I didn't really like the idea to begin with. I thought it was a bit precious that people couldn't simply ignore a thread which wasn't relevant to their intrestes but I supported the notion as a compromise which I believed would keep everybody happy and for the most part it has.