Intra-Club game....CONFIRMED....5.00pm !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
milney044 wrote:5pm is lousy for those who work on Fridays.. i really don't know how they're going to fit the numbers in when the stands are looking the way they are. Plus parking is always an issue, especially as it appears road works will be underway close by.
Looks like it could prevent me from going.
The stands have been closed to the public for a couple of years now in any case
I thought there were people in them last year??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
milney044 wrote:5pm is lousy for those who work on Fridays.. i really don't know how they're going to fit the numbers in when the stands are looking the way they are. Plus parking is always an issue, especially as it appears road works will be underway close by.
Looks like it could prevent me from going.
The stands have been closed to the public for a couple of years now in any case
I thought there were people in them last year??
Yes, they were...

The fans tore down the plastic tapes on the entrance to the stand..

The council (I believe), put them up a couple of years ago stating they were unsafe...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
esaint66
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
goodie wrote:Of course it's the same day as Australia vs. New Zoland one dayer
wow!

Carefactor??

The game will be almost over by 6pm! (cricket that is!)

Yeah with the Kiwi's getting up *giggles hopefully* !!

Descisions descisions ... Cricket or footy .... hmmmmm ....

milney044
Club Player

when i mentioned stands i was refering not only to them but the ground area below as well. Nonetheless it does take a lot to keep me away from anything related to the Saints.. still, i won't be able to get there til late so the parking still stands as an issue.
Meh, i've been pretty lucky when it comes to intraclub games over the years so i should be able to handle one miss/ late arrival.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

I just hope we can have a good win and get the season off to a great start

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

I assume some sandy players are coming down to help make up numbers? Helps that almost the full squad are fit....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
goodie
Club Player

Solar wrote:I assume some sandy players are coming down to help make up numbers? Helps that almost the full squad are fit....
And that we've got a ridiculously large rookie list

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

* Please note that due to constuction occurring at Linen House Oval, the gates will not be opening until 4pm for the safety of our supporters and members.
members e-mail Wed 28th Jan

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
st1
Club Player

nsw scholarship players

goodie wrote:
Solar wrote:I assume some sandy players are coming down to help make up numbers? Helps that almost the full squad are fit....
Why not give the 2 scholarship players that we have available at the end of this season a crack at mixing it with the big boys that would test them out especially the new scholarship player who was picked up recently, him and Josh Duncan would see how hard the real comp is and give us a look at them play.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: nsw scholarship players

st1 wrote:
goodie wrote:
Why not give the 2 scholarship players that we have available at the end of this season a crack at mixing it with the big boys that would test them out especially the new scholarship player who was picked up recently, him and Josh Duncan would see how hard the real comp is and give us a look at them play.
15 yo kids up against King, Gardy, Kosi, Lenny, BJ etc etc.........NO THANKS !!

st1
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
st1 wrote:
goodie wrote:
Duncan is in his 3rd year as a scholarship player and played for nsw in the state comp last year and will be 18 in June and the new scholarship boy Widmar is 18 in a few days

goodie
Club Player

st1 wrote:
Eastern wrote:
st1 wrote:
goodie wrote:
Duncan is in his 3rd year as a scholarship player and played for nsw in the state comp last year and will be 18 in June and the new scholarship boy Widmar is 18 in a few days
Widmar? Haven't heard of him, when did we sign him?

st1
Club Player

Its Widmer and 2 weeks ago i was told

mcadam05
Club Player

:roll: its Sat the 31st of january and still no mention of the game on the club web site add this too the list of things that make this club look so 2nd rate

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

mcadam05 wrote::roll: its Sat the 31st of january and still no mention of the game on the club web site add this too the list of things that make this club look so 2nd rate
Yes, but in defence to this the Club did send an email to all its known members about this...

Our saints site has always been sadly out of date

Are you a member??
-----Original Message-----
From: St Kilda Football Club [mailto:membership@saints.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, 28 January 2009 3:37 PM
To: jeffbartolo@optusnet.com.au
Subject: Saints at Moorabbin

Dear Jeffrey

Get your first look at the Saints in action in 2009!

With our 2009 campaign getting underway in a matter of weeks, the excitment around Moorabbin is electric. The Club is pleased to invite all supporters and members to Linen House Oval for the 2009 St Kilda Intra Club Practice Match.

When - Friday February 6th, 2009. Gates open at 4pm for a 5pm start.

Where - Linen House Oval
32-60 Linton Street, Moorabbin

Duration - 4 x 15 minute quarters

As always, it promises to be a great afternoon with a host of talented youngsters eager to make their mark early in 2009. There will be 2009 Memberships and Merchandise on sale as well snack vendors, a BBQ and plenty of fierce action on the field.

* Please note that due to constuction occurring at Linen House Oval, the gates will not be opening until 4pm for the safety of our supporters and members.

To unsubscribe from this email service or edit any of your personal details please click here to login to your account.
How about stopping with the crap that some posters are tending to have with this admin??

If you are registered with the Club you get the info :idea:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

You missed the point Fid.......it's all well and good for those on the spam list, but there is no excuse for it not to be on the Bigshyte Pond saints.com.au website.

Mind you, the spam email will have covered 95% of fans that are likely to attend!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
mcadam05
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
mcadam05 wrote::roll: its Sat the 31st of january and still no mention of the game on the club web site add this too the list of things that make this club look so 2nd rate
Yes, but in defence to this the Club did send an email to all its known members about this...

Are you a member??

Dear Jeffrey

With our 2009 campaign getting underway in a matter of weeks, the excitment around Moorabbin is electric. The Club is pleased to invite all supporters and members to Linen House Oval for the 2009 St Kilda Intra Club Practice Match.

Where - Linen House Oval

As always, it promises to be a great afternoon with a host of talented youngsters eager to make their mark early in 2009. There will be 2009 Memberships and Merchandise on sale as well snack vendors, a BBQ and plenty of fierce action on the field.

To unsubscribe from this email service or edit any of your personal details please click here to login to your account.
How about stopping with the crap that some posters are tending to have with this admin??

I have been a member since '87 and a social club member since 92 my point was that a intra club game is 6days away the end of a era etc etc but the club cant post any info on it

surely if im a member of 50yrs or a ten yr kid the first place you would go too find out info on the club is the club web site

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

It is a fair dinkum disgrace, not a go at the current administration, just the website.

If my mate didn't pull out at the last minute on friday night we would have got to the game a week early, poor communication.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

One assumes that the Club convey the info they want uploaded to the site to BigPond..who then to the actual FTP upload or whatever.

So...either the Club are very tardy getting info to BigPond...or BigPond are very tardy altering the site

Either way, someone at the Club needs to bang heads together. Few things looks more unprofessional than an out of date or incomplete sports website..and the average fan would just think its all done by the Club

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
mcadam05
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:

Are you a member??

Dear Jeffrey

Where - Linen House Oval

so its now monday night and its still not up, so does the club just not want too promote something that will get people down at the club spending money at the shop, in the bar and maybe even at the pokies or even god forbid sell some memberships but then again i didnt go too uni and do a marketing degree so what do i know

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Info about the intra-club game has been in both Herald-Sun & Age, on SEN and in the members e-mail. I'm guessing the club will crank it up even further later in the week but I'm not sure the club should be spending money promoting it. Those who want to go will know about it and make the necessary arrangements. The internet (incl this forum) is a fantastic source of information !!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Info about the intra-club game has been in both Herald-Sun & Age, on SEN and in the members e-mail. I'm guessing the club will crank it up even further later in the week !!
Putting it on our own bloody website overrides all of the above though

Whoever's fault it is...its a poor effort

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
mcadam05
Club Player

Eastern wrote:Info about the intra-club game has been in both Herald-Sun & Age, on SEN and in the members e-mail. I'm guessing the club will crank it up even further later in the week but I'm not sure the club should be spending money promoting it. Those who want to go will know about it and make the necessary arrangements. The internet (incl this forum) is a fantastic source of information !!
hows putting it on the club website spending money????

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I've tried to post something on Ask Archie.

It may be editied as I made mention of Saintsational being a lot more useful than the official website for info!!!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Eastern wrote:Info about the intra-club game has been in both Herald-Sun & Age, on SEN and in the members e-mail. I'm guessing the club will crank it up even further later in the week !!
Putting it on our own bloody website overrides all of the above though

Whoever's fault it is...its a poor effort
Is it the club? or is it bigpond? I agree that its a poor effort !!