I'd happily be a big sister- Hosting players

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I'd happily be a big sister- Hosting players

If only I lived Closer :)
nice story about some club hosts
http://saints.com.au/tabid/5315/Default ... wsid=71532
"Jack and Eljay last year got on really well with Nicole. They were all like kids together, it was ridiculous," he said.

"It was like she had two older brothers. It depends on the personality of the guys and those two were the youngest we’d ever had stay."

Steve recommends becoming a host family, but says anyone interested should do it for the right reasons, not just the thrill of living with footballers.
The home the Aaron's Built
By Luke Holmesby
5:14 PM Wed 28 January, 2009

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

Nice article Saintbrat! I didn't know that. I thought the young boys moved in with the other saints boys.

Wonderful and generous to think that they open their home to the saints boys.

Go saints in '09!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:Nice article Saintbrat! I didn't know that. I thought the young boys moved in with the other saints boys.

they tend to try and put the new guys into hosts
I remember when Nick and Kos were into their second year they asked to move out of their host but were denied-

although I would imagine that Little Ross may be with one of the Clarke boys. all being from St Mary's

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Cute pic of Lenny :lol:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

I hosted a player about 10 years ago while he was doing preseason training. This was back when there was a pre season draft in Feb.

He was drafted by Collingwood. :(

I think I packed his bags for him.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
GrumpyOne

Selhurst Saint wrote:I hosted a player about 10 years ago while he was doing preseason training. This was back when there was a pre season draft in Feb.

And the bags were waiting outside the front door when he got home from the draft?

I hope you changed the locks.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Bratty I reckon the players might like a bit of a rest from footy when they get home???;-);-) 8-) 8-)
Last edited by saint66au on Thu 29 Jan 2009 12:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

saintbrat wrote:
i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:Nice article Saintbrat! I didn't know that. I thought the young boys moved in with the other saints boys.

they tend to try and put the new guys into hosts
I remember when Nick and Kos were into their second year they asked to move out of their host but were denied-

although I would imagine that Little Ross may be with one of the Clarke boys. all being from St Mary's
Yes, fair enough! It's a hard enough moving out of home for the first time, let alone moving to the city.

Imagine having Lenny, Nick or Kosi back when they were young. :shock:

Go saints in '09!
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

The name of that bloke in the article, Steve Aarons, is very familiar.

I honestly can't think why though. :?

He's not a member here is he?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
goodie
Club Player

Selhurst Saint wrote:I hosted a player about 10 years ago while he was doing preseason training. This was back when there was a pre season draft in Feb.

Did you wear gloves?

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

There were some good things to come out of it. (his name was Cameron Venables by the way)

1. He immediately gave me all his Saints training gear.
2. Danny Frawley used to pick him up to take him to Collingwood training. It freaked him out the first time he came over as there was a photo of me and him on the mantle piece.
3. Cam was selected to play in a prseason game in WA but had forgotten to pack the official uniform. He rang me from Perth and asked me to pack his gear and send it to him in an overnight bag. I put an old t-shirt in a bag and sent it to him.
4. I told Cam that everyone referred to Nathan Buckley as "Fig Jam". Half way through his first training session "Bucks" pulled him aside and told him in no unceratin manner that his nickname was not "figgy".

oh the memories.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Great story Selhurst.

Our house in Melbourne which I still use for my membership address is close enough to Moorabbin for us to have received a letter from the club asking if we were interested in hosting a draftee

I would have been tempted, but they were talking about drafting Cousins at the time. Can you imagine having to look after Benny?

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

kosifantutti23 wrote:Great story Selhurst.

Our house in Melbourne which I still use for my membership address is close enough to Moorabbin for us to have received a letter from the club asking if we were interested in hosting a draftee

I would have been tempted, but they were talking about drafting Cousins at the time. Can you imagine having to look after Benny?
You would want a sizeable bond.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

kosifantutti23 wrote:Great story Selhurst.

at least i wouldn't have to pay for my s*** anymore if he had lived with me :D

Robert Harvey- Simply the best