St Kilda’s move to new home gathers pace.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda’s move to new home gathers pace.....

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
GrumpyOne

Plenty of demolition action at Moorabbin, but not even a planning permit sign at Belvedere. :roll:

The "action" is a bit one-sided atm.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

ALL SPIN!

I've heard it direct from a current player who has been at St.Kilda for a long time,

When asked how he felt about the club moving to Seaford, he replied, yeah a few players are not really happy about it........................etc...etc...

what they are compelled to say in the press is, pure spin!

Obviously they are happy that there will be a new training facility

but I know for fact that there are quite a few a bit pissed off with the location,

yes, they are paid and paid very well to train wherever

BUT this is not the point and if you choose to make it, you are missing the bigger issues.

The fact is that the playing group would have rather stayed at Moorabbin and if a change was neccessary would have liked the club located closer to St kilda and the City.

This decision will have repercussions into the future, for as long as the club is based there, it will be that little bit harder to convince players to come to our club and even in some circumstances to retain star players, when the club is located so far from the city centre, when compared to others!

To not stay at Moorabbin or when faced with change to not seize the day and relocate the club back to the St.Kilda area, is a massive opportunity down the drain.

This whole episode has been a disgrace and orchestrated by Gdanski and the rest of Footy First, with no mention of it, when they were in spin mode trying to gain members support for the ballot, prior to the count, even though they were full aware of the Frankston re-location, which eventually became Seaford!

When the Frankston Park location went pear shaped, the club's immediate response was to locate a vacate block of land in the Frankston area, which really exposes their whole agenda, if you bother to remove your blinkers and rose coloured glasses, that is!

This whole sordid affair was probably on Gdanski's drawing board, ( he being the architect for this Frankston relocation ) at the same time negotiations with the Kingston Council broke down, co-incidence, I think not, more by design

While Butterss was away in Hawaii, things with Kingston went pear shaped, Fraser announces that we will be moving from Moorabbin and will not deal with the Kingston council.

Are the council members that Fraser and the board had an issue with even still on the Kingston council?

I am not so naive as to think that the demonstrative situation with the Kingston Council could have been for one, avoided in the first place and two, re-negotiated and smoothed over with some reconciliatory gestures and a more democratic approach.

This so called vision for the future, is tunnel vision and this new board that call themselves Footy First, have this white elephant as their legacy, something for which, each individual who sits on the current board is fully accountable and wholly responsible for.

The real vision for the future for this club, if it is serious about tackling the Victorian market and competing with your Collingwood, Carlton's, Essendons and Hawthorns etc... is basing itself in the St.Kilda area, close to the city centre and promoting our spiritual home, the real tradtion behind what this club is based on, the most marketable suburb in Victoria and one of the most marketable suburb's in Australia.
Aside from anything else this would make St kilda a far more attractive proposition, when trying to entice star players to our club in the future!

Instead an AFL club, St kilda is being relocated to the back blocks of Seaford.

The new board are a fair dinkum disgrace and they should all resign en masse as ASAP!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

b4e...

when you type......
if you bother to remove your blinkers and rose coloured glasses, that is!
Is that directed towards me personally or is it just some general remark??

Do you know for a fact that the St Kilda council was never approached?

Do you know if the St Kilda council would have offered a similar deal and offered $3M ???

FFS your hatred of this current administration is becoming so boring, move on...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Once the Seaford deal falls over then they can go back to Kingston and
renegotiate to get the original Moorabbin upgrade back on the agenda..

The council should then tell that tree hugger to pull his head in and they should also grant the permit for the new pokies building on South Road,complete with 89 poker machines....

The club wouldn't really make much money at it's social club ...surely..

It's a joke...how does it pay it's way....

That building should come down as well...

Will the Saints ever be classed as a good club ?
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:ALL SPIN!

I've heard it direct from a current player who has been at St.Kilda for a long time,

When asked how he felt about the club moving to Seaford, he replied, yeah a few players are not really happy about it........................etc...etc...

but I know for fact that there are quite a few a bit pissed off with the location,

yes, they are paid and paid very well to train wherever

BUT this is not the point and if you choose to make it, you are missing the bigger issues.

The fact is that the playing group would have rather stayed at Moorabbin and if a change was neccessary would have liked the club located closer to St kilda and the City.

This decision will have repercussions into the future, for as long as the club is based there, it will be that little bit harder to convince players to come to our club and even in some circumstances to retain star players, when the club is located so far from the city centre, when compared to others!

To not stay at Moorabbin or when faced with change to not seize the day and relocate the club back to the St.Kilda area, is a massive opportunity down the drain.

This whole episode has been a disgrace and orchestrated by Gdanski and the rest of Footy First, with no mention of it, when they were in spin mode trying to gain members support for the ballot, prior to the count, even though they were full aware of the Frankston re-location, which eventually became Seaford!

When the Frankston Park location went pear shaped, the club's immediate response was to locate a vacate block of land in the Frankston area, which really exposes their whole agenda, if you bother to remove your blinkers and rose coloured glasses, that is!

This whole sordid affair was probably on Gdanski's drawing board, ( he being the architect for this Frankston relocation ) at the same time negotiations with the Kingston Council broke down, co-incidence, I think not, more by design

While Butterss was away in Hawaii, things with Kingston went pear shaped, Fraser announces that we will be moving from Moorabbin and will not deal with the Kingston council.

Are the council members that Fraser and the board had an issue with even still on the Kingston council?

I am not so naive as to think that the demonstrative situation with the Kingston Council could have been for one, avoided in the first place and two, re-negotiated and smoothed over with some reconciliatory gestures and a more democratic approach.

This so called vision for the future, is tunnel vision and this new board that call themselves Footy First, have this white elephant as their legacy, something for which, each individual who sits on the current board is fully accountable and wholly responsible for.

The real vision for the future for this club, if it is serious about tackling the Victorian market and competing with your Collingwood, Carlton's, Essendons and Hawthorns etc... is basing itself in the St.Kilda area, close to the city centre and promoting our spiritual home, the real tradtion behind what this club is based on, the most marketable suburb in Victoria and one of the most marketable suburb's in Australia.
Aside from anything else this would make St kilda a far more attractive proposition, when trying to entice star players to our club in the future!

Instead an AFL club, St kilda is being relocated to the back blocks of Seaford.

The new board are a fair dinkum disgrace and they should all resign en masse as ASAP!
capuano was sacked a long time ago

he is no longer a st kilda player

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Once the Seaford deal falls over then they can go back to Kingston and
renegotiate to get the original Moorabbin upgrade back on the agenda..

The council should then tell that tree hugger to pull his head in and they should also grant the permit for the new pokies building on South Road,complete with 89 poker machines....

The club wouldn't really make much money at it's social club ...surely..

It's a joke...how does it pay it's way....

That building should come down as well...
I think they make 300 grand a year so with a club like us you cannot just get rid of that amount. We are moving and yes most would rather stay but it isnt going to happen so we all need to move on.

Legendary
Club Player

Most St Kilda players live around the Brighton/Sandy area ... it's the same distance to Seaford as it is for the Hawthorn players who live in the inner-city and travel to Waverley/Mulgrave ... or for the Geelong players who live in Melbourne ...

I don't understand that argument.

I travel 25 minutes to get to work every day.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:Most St Kilda players live around the Brighton/Sandy area ... it's the same distance to Seaford as it is for the Hawthorn players who live in the inner-city and travel to Waverley/Mulgrave ... or for the Geelong players who live in Melbourne ...

I don't understand that argument.

I travel 25 minutes to get to work every day.
My niece travels 125 km to work and 125 km return each day or most of each week- as do many others
why- benefit of living where she wants and using the services available-

what's the bike ride to sandy to Seaford ?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

but I know for fact that there are quite a few a bit pissed off with the location
ALL SPIN!

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I do 200-300 Km per day travelling to & from work. It hasn't affected me ......................much :roll: :roll: :wink: !!

jk23
Club Player

The hawks are not based in hawthorn.....

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

jk23 wrote:The hawks are not based in hawthorn.....
Who said they are?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
jk23
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Who said they are?
barks4eva

casey scorp
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:Plenty of demolition action at Moorabbin, but not even a planning permit sign at Belvedere. :roll:

The "action" is a bit one-sided atm.
The sign went up and down in December (14 days concluding on 21 December).

But there's a few hiccups.

The planning application was obviously originally on a very fast track to approval, but it is now caught up in further public consultation (there was an initial meeting with 400 local residents attending on 17 December). The status of the planning application is now shown on the Council website as “Preparing Resident’s Discussion Meetingâ€

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

[quote="plugger66]I think they make 300 grand a year so with a club like us you cannot just get rid of that amount. We are moving and yes most would rather stay but it isnt going to happen so we all need to move on.[/quote]

Yes but move on to where....

There's nothing signed by council to get it started,no permits,There'll be no social club at Seaford...

It can't stay in the derelect dump it's housed in at the moment.....

maybe they'll train at Seaford,play at the Dome,be aligned with Sandy and have their social club in Glenrowan....

It's a great masterplan...i bet the other clubs are so envious.....

Will the Saints ever be classed as a good club ?
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

jk23 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Who said they are?
barks4eva
No I said, IMHO the best way for the St kilda football club to become a powerhouse to rival clubs such as Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon, Hawthorn etc... irrespective of Hawthorn being at Waverley,

the best fit for us is to IMHO move close to the city in the Stkilda area, if not St kilda itself,

St kilda is the most marketable suburb in Victoria and one of the most marketable suburbs in Australia and rather than seizing the day, embracing our heritage, tradition and spiritual home, the current board relocate the club even further from the city centre into the backblocks of Seaford,

a massive opportunity for this football club to transform into a powerhouse AFL club, with government backing and the new board piss it all away in the back blocks of Seaford.

even the Western Bulldogs have a huge training facility being built at the Western Oval

I can see the day when the Western Bulldogs will have more members than us, with our club struggling near the bottom and located in Seaford,

a disaster orchestrated by Gdanski and his hidden agenda's and fully supported by Footy First

This club has once again shot itself in the foot, big time and the ramifications are massive!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:

but I know for fact that there are quite a few a bit pissed off with the location
ALL SPIN!
straight from a current players mouth
A few of the boys are not real happy about it
Expect the gag on players to be on in earnest!

You won't read their thoughts publicly on the Seaford relocation, but I know for a fact, the views of quite a few, from hearing it from the horses mouth, so to speak!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:
jk23 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Who said they are?
barks4eva
No I said, IMHO the best way for the St kilda football club to become a powerhouse to rival clubs such as Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon, Hawthorn etc... irrespective of Hawthorn being at Waverley,

the best fit for us is to IMHO move close to the city in the Stkilda area, if not St kilda itself,

St kilda is the most marketable suburb in Victoria and one of the most marketable suburbs in Australia and rather than seizing the day, embracing our heritage, tradition and spiritual home, the current board relocate the club even further from the city centre into the backblocks of Seaford,

a massive opportunity for this football club to transform into a powerhouse AFL club, with government backing and the new board piss it all away in the back blocks of Seaford.

even the Western Bulldogs have a huge training facility being built at the Western Oval

I can see the day when the Western Bulldogs will have more members than us, with our club struggling near the bottom and located in Seaford,

a disaster orchestrated by Gdanski and his hidden agenda's and fully supported by Footy First

This club has once again shot itself in the foot, big time and the ramifications are massive!
I can't see the relevance. WB won't get more members from Footscray because of the demographics. Population is mainly Vietnamese, and they don't really follow footy.

The old "suburban" culture is gone. Even Collingwood is no longer blue collar, nor is Richmond for that matter.

Try cathcing a train to the footy on the Frankston line and you'll see what I mean. Always loaded with Saints supporters.

The club is correct in targeting a middle class region, where the average footy follower comes from... not the pretty latte set from St Kilda.

The average follower these days are suburbanites.

Silly logic, blinded by your theories.

You still haven't put up the numbers and real costs of moving closer to town.

Can we afford it? Will the Gov't cough up the dough? Surely, if StKilda was an option, Melbourne would have snapped it up... based on your logic. You know... closer to their traditional home etc.

I put it to you that your assumptions are fanciful and based on emotion rather than cold hard financial facts.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: ALL SPIN!

You won't read their thoughts publicly on the Seaford relocation, but I know for a fact, the views of quite a few, from hearing it from the horses mouth, so to speak!
Yeah righto and just how much spin do you have on this "agenda"

You are just full of it and every post is some sort of agenda pushing issue...

You are really pathetic , you mention "gag" and I think of you...

You have wasted so much bandwith with your crap about........

hit outs to advantage ........

Rix (need I say more)

your dear great grand father that's turning over in his grave and about tradition, and you flowering rant about elsternwick.........

Tell me something...

you say "straight from A players mouth".......

Have you managed to get off you backside and obtain a vehicle ?

or are you still into hearing from a third party??

When you intend to "raid" the coaches box again, please let me know...

I know a good deal of the security at these venues and I will make sure that you will be banned from entering any sporting venue, should you ever endeavour to attempt that stunt again.

To be frank I really wish you try it again and I will make sure that will be the end of you at the football.

You are an absolute eccentric and in my opinion a real discredit to the Club...

FLOWER OFF

casey scorp
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:[
Will the Gov't cough up the dough? Surely, if StKilda was an option, Melbourne would have snapped it up... based on your logic. You know... closer to their traditional home etc.
St Kilda was never an option. Both Melbourne and St Kilda have spent a few years trying to find a new home - St KFC because it couldn't get on with Kingston Council, and MFC simply because it didn't have a home.

There were no options available close to the city (unless you're Eddie and can create a new oval where there wasn't one before, and move a whole sport out of its traditional home to do so).

Of course St KFC had a much easier task to find a location for its training facilities than MFC - all it had to do was patch up its relationship with KCC.

RBnW
Club Player

casey scorp wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:[
Will the Gov't cough up the dough? Surely, if StKilda was an option, Melbourne would have snapped it up... based on your logic. You know... closer to their traditional home etc.
St Kilda was never an option. Both Melbourne and St Kilda have spent a few years trying to find a new home - St KFC because it couldn't get on with Kingston Council, and MFC simply because it didn't have a home.

There were no options available close to the city (unless you're Eddie and can create a new oval where there wasn't one before, and move a whole sport out of its traditional home to do so).

Of course St KFC had a much easier task to find a location for its training facilities than MFC - all it had to do was patch up its relationship with KCC.
CS you do get some good info on all of this, you know everything about MFC, Kingston, Casey and everything about the clubs dealings, planning, you obviously work at Casey Council and you are high up there........
Do the councilors as Casey like having thier highest and most senior staff member spread all of this info around on SS and the MFC forum....it cant help get the deal done with MFC and it didnt help you get the club to Casey, its not how a person in your position should behave, is it :?: ......let's hope it doesn't slip out who you are or your sources from the other councils will dry up quicker than a creek bed in South Australia and lets hope the media dont find out who you are either.....just as well they dont read this forum...... :oops:
Your secrets safe with me...... :roll:

Our best is yet
to come......
casey scorp
Club Player

I think you seriously mistake my sources.

There is a huge amount of info on the net that anyone can read including Council reports and newspaper articles.

It's all there RBnW, as you well know.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
barks4eva wrote: ALL SPIN!

Yeah righto and just how much spin do you have on this "agenda"

You are just full of it and every post is some sort of agenda pushing issue...

You are really pathetic , you mention "gag" and I think of you...

You have wasted so much bandwith with your crap about........

hit outs to advantage ........

Rix (need I say more)

your dear great grand father that's turning over in his grave and about tradition, and you flowering rant about elsternwick.........

Tell me something...

you say "straight from A players mouth".......

Have you managed to get off you backside and obtain a vehicle ?

or are you still into hearing from a third party??

When you intend to "raid" the coaches box again, please let me know...

I know a good deal of the security at these venues and I will make sure that you will be banned from entering any sporting venue, should you ever endeavour to attempt that stunt again.

To be frank I really wish you try it again and I will make sure that will be the end of you at the football.

You are an absolute eccentric and in my opinion a real discredit to the Club...

FLOWER OFF

Yes, but what do you really think?

RBnW
Club Player

casey scorp wrote:I think you seriously mistake my sources.

There is a huge amount of info on the net that anyone can read including Council reports and newspaper articles.

It's all there RBnW, as you well know.
CS you dont give yourself the credit on this you know where to find things because you know where to look and then you add your little bit extra....
you know so much more than is on the record I still think you are the man.....good on you for getting on here with all this and sharing with us lot.....just dont get caught :oops:

Our best is yet
to come......