Selling off part of my Saints Collection - Now for Sale

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintfreddy
Club Player

Selling off part of my Saints Collection - Now for Sale

I am selling off a number of Saints items that I've found keep getting stored.

I've sent up a photos link to the items I have for sale which include things like the Club limited released 1966 St Kilda premiership piece (24/66), a match worn Robert Harvey Guernsey, 1966 souvenir grand final win plate and a few other items.

The link is: http://www.flickr.com/photos/34951456@N06/

Each item has a photo and price. Most items can be posted anywhere except a couple which are tagged. Please note the price does not include postage or courrier costs.

If you are interested you can PM me and I will get back to you. Once items are sold I will change the details below the pic to reflect this. If more than one person PM's me, I will by whoever contacts me first.

If you have any questions on any item ask away.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Wow, some great stuff there! Can you tell me a little bit more about the silver plate? When was it produced? It has the Saint stick man - was that from the 70s?

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

The logo on plate looks like 80's

whilst it may be plate showing 66.

saint4life
saintfreddy
Club Player

The silver plate is unusual. In all honesty, I have not seen one before (and believe you me, I've seen a lot of Saints memorabilia over the years). The simple style of the plate makes it ancient but as to who produced it at the time, I am unsure.

Perhaps if another member has one in their collection they may be able to shine some light on this piece

mcadam05
Club Player

markinUSA wrote:Wow, some great stuff there! Can you tell me a little bit more about the silver plate? When was it produced? It has the Saint stick man - was that from the 70s?

I would say 91 - 93 we used that stick around then and it has a AFL logo on it has too be after 90
Last edited by mcadam05 on Mon 02 Feb 2009 10:12am, edited 1 time in total.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

saintfreddy wrote:The silver plate is unusual. In all honesty, I have not seen one before (and believe you me, I've seen a lot of Saints memorabilia over the years). The simple style of the plate makes it ancient but as to who produced it at the time, I am unsure.

Perhaps if another member has one in their collection they may be able to shine some light on this piece
I don't think it is ancient as you say.

Maybe not a lot around but the logo is from sometime in the 80's.
or even very early 90's.

Another look......early 90's

saint4life
mcadam05
Club Player

Re: Selling off part of my Saints Collection - Now for Sale

saintfreddy wrote:I am selling off a number of Saints items that I've found keep getting stored.

I've sent up a photos link to the items I have for sale which include things like the Club limited released 1966 St Kilda premiership piece (24/66), a match worn Robert Harvey Guernsey, 1966 souvenir grand final win plate and a few other items.

The link is: http://www.flickr.com/photos/34951456@N06/

Each item has a photo and price. Most items can be posted anywhere except a couple which are tagged. Please note the price does not include postage or courrier costs.

If you are interested you can PM me and I will get back to you. Once items are sold I will change the details below the pic to reflect this. If more than one person PM's me, I will by whoever contacts me first.

If you have any questions on any item ask away.

Do you have any player badges???

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

baldocks signed training jumper and pants are serious gold

i would kill to have one of those to wear around casually

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

SaintFreddy just wondering why you would be getting rid of some of these frames. They are amazing. Not enough walls in your house i suppose! :lol:

Go saints in '09!
GrumpyOne

i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:SaintFreddy just wondering why you would be getting rid of some of these frames. They are amazing. Not enough walls in your house i suppose! :lol:
With all due respect to Freddie, they may be fantastic items but they are being sold at full retail price. If you are looking for bargains.... look elsewhere.

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

The shield on the plate is definatly post 1990 as it has an AFL logo, and as we know, the last year of the VFL was in 1989 (sigh..!)
But man, what a wonderful collection of memorabillia. If they were in my possession, I don't think I could part with them.
It would be interesting to see what other items that you have that you're not intending to sell!

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
matrix
Saintsational Legend

600 bucks for a match worn harvs jumper!!!

do me a favour lol

could get a hand signed one (not match worn) with his stats on it and the score from his 350th for half that price.

the prices are WAY too much

saintfreddy
Club Player

Well matrixcutter, no one is forcing anyone to purchase anything.

I do have a number of other pieces already (answering a different question). For example I have the Club produced 1966 piece already, this is a spare. Just down sizing what I have.

If no one is interested, that is an O.K. thing. I will simply hang on to them. After all these items will increase with value over time. These items are simply being offered if people are wanting to add to their existing collections.

All i can say to some people who have said items are too much, good luck, I wish you success in finding these items at greatly reduced prices.

GrumpyOne

saintfreddy wrote:Well matrixcutter, no one is forcing anyone to purchase anything.

I do have a number of other pieces already (answering a different question). For example I have the Club produced 1966 piece already, this is a spare. Just down sizing what I have.

If no one is interested, that is an O.K. thing. I will simply hang on to them. After all these items will increase with value over time. These items are simply being offered if people are wanting to add to their existing collections.

All i can say to some people who have said items are too much, good luck, I wish you success in finding these items at greatly reduced prices.
As the legendary Geoff Brady once said to me, the true worth of something is what the keenest buyer is prepared to pay. Freddie's stuff is priced at retail value, but there is nothing wrong with that. They are not common items, so you may never see these for sale on ebay or at Leskie's in say a ten year period. So unless Freddie is desperate for a sale, there is no need for him to reduce his prices.

esaint66
SS Life Member

So the old Tooheys jumper is $30, i'd like to purchase that one. Just PM me with details.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Hey Freddy,
Can you PM me with details on the "Heroes with Halos" book ?

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Hey there,

some great items for sale.

I don't suppose you have a yellow jumper you're willing to let go of?

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
saintfreddy
Club Player

I can thankfully say no, I don't have a yellow peril guernsey :lol: In all honesty, was never one of my favourite guernseys