sorry all about wrong roo news

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintnat
Club Player

sorry all about wrong roo news

i am very sorry everyone. i was only passing on news my dad had told me about roo and he was only joking around with me so he says now. i feel really bad now, and am sorry to all posters who read my post.

i love the saints and would never want roo out ever it was just what dad said to me that made me post the news. dad goes for the pies so you can understand how stupid they are, but i am really angry about the whole thing.

please give me a chance i like this place and the people when people are nice to me. sorry i am only 15 and will learn to only post fact from now on and am very sorry to all. i was only posting what dad had told me but i will never listen to him again.

go saints - i hope you can forgive me all. sorry again.

yipper
SS Life Member

Lesson 1 - never, ever trust a collingwood supporter!!!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
GrumpyOne

yipper wrote:Lesson 1 - never, ever trust a collingwood supporter!!!!
Never a truer word Yip.

We all make mistakes on here Nat, some more obvious than others.

The only crime would be making the same mistake twice.

FWIW I don't think you need forgiving. You were a victim in all this, not a perpetrator.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Re: sorry all about wrong roo news

saintnat wrote: sorry i am only 15 and will learn to only post fact from now on and am very sorry to all. i was only posting what dad had told me but i will never listen to him again.

Maybe narrow it down to just not listening to your dad on football matters "saintnat"...after all he is Collinwood supporter.

Possibly it might be an idea to continue listening on other matters...... sometimes Dads know a thing or two :wink: :wink:

You show plenty of maturity for a 15 year old with that apology, you'll be a favourite poster amongst us now :lol:

Batnoe

as u know that this site has up to date knowledge about the saints you should come on here and check after he says it

where would a Collingwood supporter find info on saints than a majority of these people?

Hey Nat- tell your dad that Travis Clokes face was worse than first thought from the punch on new years and will miss half the year

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Not a problem Saintnat - takes guts to come back and apologise. Well done.

I feel it's worth reiterating....

NEVER TRUST A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Yeah just echoing the sentiments of this thread. You were clearly mistaken and it was an honest mistake, I'm sure that nobody will hold it against you.

Anyone who did get too worried only has themselves to blame, you have to take every rumour you hear on websites like these with a grain of salt.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
markinUSA
SS Life Member

Good on you, Saintnat.
It's one of those things... no harm, no foul.
But if you want to keep the rivalry going... remind him of the lst time we played them - in the finals, no less... not a good night for the Pies!
Perhaps the fact that Roo kicked 5 goals is part of the reason he was teasing you.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

saintnat wrote:...my dad... was only joking around with me so he says now...
There comes a time in every boy's life when he realises that his dad will sometimes bend the truth, especially over football matters. I did have a little suspicion that this was what was happening in your case. My father kidded me about many things before I woke up. Fortunately, my father was a Saints supporter, though having followed the Saints for 30 years before he saw the glory day in '66, perhaps "fortunate" is not quite the right word. And yes, I know some out there have been waiting 42 years!

On the other hand, Saints supporters are so used to bad news regarding injuries, that when bad news turns out to be no news then it's really like good news, if you get my drift.

And yes saintnat, Go Saints!

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

I'm just sorry that your dad is a collingwood supporter :cry:

SaintDebi
Club Player

Good on you Saintnat for having the guts and maturity to come back on and say sorry. Everyone here seems happy to forgive you: maybe you can extend that forgiveness to your dad (for getting you into trouble, not for being a collingwood supporter! That's a sin never to be forgiven!) My guess is dad was just having a bit of fun pulling your leg and probably had no idea where it would lead. I'm only a new poster here, so I can't really speak for anybody else but just thought I'd let you know what I think.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

GoodonyerSaintNat. You did the right thing all the way round. First of all you took notice of what your dad said, which doesnt happen very often with teenagers. Then you passed on what you thought was news for all Saints fans. Then you apologised when you found out dad was kidding you. I for one think you did well.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Ill forgive you if you come round to my place and wash my car :D

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Good on you saintnat...apology accepted. I pretty well suspected it was something of this nature :-)

Just one thing tho...from all of us at SS...creep up behind your Dad sometime....and scare the crap outta him...just like he did to people here :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I think we have all missed the main point of this thread...

Thank God Roo is going to be ok...

He is like wayyyyyyyyy too hotttt to be injured!!111!!
Don't you think Nat?? :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Good on you saintnat...apology accepted. I pretty well suspected it was something of this nature :-)

Just one thing tho...from all of us at SS...creep up behind your Dad sometime....and scare the crap outta him...just like he did to people here :-)
lol....

Just love it...

Please do it saintnat :lol:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Good onya Saintnat for coming back on - good maturity shown.

Bonus points.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Well done Saint Nat......

Oh, and by the way, tell him that Tin Arse is crap!

EDIT: isn't the official line now that Roo will be out "until at least Round 1".

That, in my book, is an 8 week abscence....not until Round 8 though as infamous "Dad said"!
Last edited by saintspremiers on Wed 04 Feb 2009 8:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

echo all the thoughts on here....

but it does teach us all that things are rumours until confrmed... we all need to make this clear when posting....

good maturity for a 15 year old :)

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintnat wrote:i am very sorry everyone. i was only passing on news my dad had told me about roo and he was only joking around with me so he says now. i feel really bad now, and am sorry to all posters who read my post.

i love the saints and would never want roo out ever it was just what dad said to me that made me post the news. dad goes for the pies so you can understand how stupid they are, but i am really angry about the whole thing.

please give me a chance i like this place and the people when people are nice to me. sorry i am only 15 and will learn to only post fact from now on and am very sorry to all. i was only posting what dad had told me but i will never listen to him again.

tell your dad to move out...or you will move.....how could you live with a filth supporter.....???/

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: 8-)

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Life Ban.

Anything less and the mods are soft as.....

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Life Ban.

Anything less and the mods are soft as.....
soft as..................joffaboy

Thats pretty bloody soft :roll: :wink: !!

avid
Club Player

One of the nicest apologies I've ever read.
You have my rerspect!

(Of course your dad may still be right.)

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Nat

Next time tell him that there is now imperical proof that the toothbrush was invented by a member of the Collingwood cheer squad!

If it was invented by anyone else it would be called a teethbrush!

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Answer on your honour and dignity as a St Kilda supporter - what would you do in the following circumstance?

This test only has one question, but it's a very important one.

Please don't answer it without giving it some serious thought.

The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation, where you will have to make a decision one way or the other.

Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous.

Please scroll down slowly and consider each line - this is important for the test to work accurately.

You're in Victoria, just outside of Seymour, to be exact... There is great chaos going on around you, caused by a hurricane and severe floods.

You are a Herald Sun photographer and you are in the middle of this great disaster.

You're trying to shoot very impressive photos. Nature is showing all its destroying power and is ripping everything away.

Suddenly you see a man in the water, he is fighting for his life, trying not to be taken away by the masses of water and mud.

You move closer. Somehow the man looks familiar.

Suddenly you know who it is - it's Eddie Maguire!! At the same time you notice that the raging waters are about to take him away, forever. You have two options. You can save him or you can take the best photo of your life. So you can save the life of Eddie, or you can shoot a Pulitzer prize winning photo, a unique photo displaying the death of one of the Australia's most powerful men.

Now here's the question (please give an honest answer):

Would you select colour film, or would you rather go with the simplicity of classic black and white?

Answer - Colour of course! - Nothing in Black and White ever wins anything!