Intra-Club Match....Report !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Intra-Club Match....Report !!

The ASSASSIN, otherwise known as lukel.26 will be placing members of his harem at strategic points around the ground with strict instructions not to miss a thing. They will report back to him with a max of 4 x "OMG He's HOT" per report. He will then colate them all together with pics & video and have a 28 page report, incl all the stats on here by 8.30pm tomorrow !!

SaintWodonga
Club Player

what time does it start? And is it at Moorabbin?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:what time does it start? And is it at Moorabbin?
gates open at 4
and game starts at 5
and yes it is at moorabin :)

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Thanks Ralphy!

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Injuries at key players at Skye will keep us from attending - lets hope and pray that there is no injuries to our boys at Moorabbin, ala Essendon, or dummy spits ala Carlton.

Show 'em all how good you will be in '09 Sainters

Believe or Burn

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

A short report on the game. Grammy and Chips started very well but sadly grammy slightly hurt his hammy and didnt play after quarter time.

Best of the first year players including rookies was probably Heyne and McGarry especially early and Ross did ok with limited chances.

Best of the second years was Eljay.

Of the new players Ray stood out and was probably best on the ground. Begley was ok but isnt a great kick.

Kosi palyed well but we shouldnt get to excited. Played on a Sandy guy and was clearly on the best side so got heaps of chances. Dal, Joey and Chips were in the best.

New players who will probably play next week would be Begley, Dawson, Ray, and Heyne.

Disappointing players but maybe excuses because they were on the ordinary side was Fish and Gwilt and Geary wasnt great. On the better side BJ and Jones didnt do much but it doesnt really matter especially for BJ as the game meant nothing.

Goose did very well but kicking was poor but it is early in the year.

Players in different positions was Gilbert up forward and kicked 3 goals. Not much else different though. Plenty of run from the backline.

Only a practice game so very hard to see who has improved or not.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

thank you plugger

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

How many fanatics did the game attract...approximately

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Players in different positions was Gilbert up forward and kicked 3 goals. Not much else different though. Plenty of run from the backline.
Had a feeling this may happen.

I tend to remember Lyon mentioning Gilbert with S.Fisher, Gram and Goddard as players they wished to release from the defensive half.

Exciting idea imo.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:How many fanatics did the game attract...approximately
I think there was approximately 1034.

Batnoe

Good to see Ray in best!

also good to see Eljay playing, let alone for the better of the 2nd year players

jays
Club Player

ray was real good

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Players in different positions was Gilbert up forward and kicked 3 goals. t.
I remember something being mentioned a few weeks ago on saints.com that this could be a possibility - that he could be our 3rd tall!! Im very excited about this as others seem to be!! :D

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

thirty-seven!? wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Players in different positions was Gilbert up forward and kicked 3 goals. t.
I remember something being mentioned a few weeks ago on saints.com that this could be a possibility - that he could be our 3rd tall!! Im very excited about this as others seem to be!! :D
Yup, posted a hwile back that he might be a smokey. Has some nice aggression about him, too.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

About a 70% effort from the boys today:
Dal Santo coasted around effortlessly and was a cut above everyone else, Monty also looked classy and I thought Steven King looks set for a dominant year.

Ray was OK disposal ordinary
Begley was quite poor...hopeless disposal
Heyne was good and showed endeavour
Jack Steven was under a few packs and did well....does he always seem to look like he's hobbling or did he get a corky?
Eddy tried hard
Gilbert was good in fwd line , marking and setting up play....spoke to him afterwards and asked if he was going to line up in the fwd line....he said with a touch of irony: "we'll see how long that lasts!" - got the feeling he'd really enjoy it.

Nee!
luke.l_26
SS Hall of Fame

Okay so it's not exactly 34 pages...

But Dal Santo played a lot harder at the ball and harder at the man. I'm thinking something's really ticked him off about his performance last year and it looks like he's stepped up his game.

Impressed with Eddy and would hope he'll start becoming a regular in the side.

Joey played pretty awesomely (look, I know it's not a word, but it'll do...) and looked pretty fit.

Nick Heyne kicked a goal and from what I saw was pretty clean with the ball and could become a valuable player.

Gardiner. Well he can definitely play, as I'm sure many would agree. Him and King woudl combine for probably one of our best rucks divisions for a very very long time. But whether or not Gardiner keeps himself out of injuries and the like is another question.

Milne kicked the opening goal and was very vocal (surprise surprise) around the forward line structure.

Goose played 3/4 of the game. Hopefully he can get back up to match fitness and get a few games under his belt this year.. But at the same time don't be surprised if he doesn't.

Ross Tangatulum (sp?) created a fair bit of excitement, missing a goal earlier in the game and then finally bagging one later on.

As a whole, everyone looked much fitter and not as tardy as last year. Considering the heat everyone did a good job. not as much bulk on the players as in recent years (perhaps some of the swooning ladies on here might be able to clarify this for me) But evceryone definitely looks much fitter than usual.

MWL - Blinding footy players on the field since 2003
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the report guys

PS WJ42 love the picture of T2, my brother gave me the complete DVD collection for Xmas a few years ago.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the reports peoples

I am so rapted to hear how well Dally looked, hopefully this can continue into the season proper !!!

Did Lenny and Ball play? I am a little out of date with information as I have not been around much latterly & who didn't play, I gather players like dempster didn't...

Cheers

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
luke.l_26
SS Hall of Fame

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:Thanks for the reports peoples

I am so rapted to hear how well Dally looked, hopefully this can continue into the season proper !!!

Did Lenny and Ball play? I am a little out of date with information as I have not been around much latterly & who didn't play, I gather players like dempster didn't...

Cheers
neither did.

Apparently Lenny has a hamstring or something (see other thread)
Ball was also sitting in the stands for reasons unknown.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

luke.l_26 wrote:Okay so it's not exactly 34 pages...

But Dal Santo played a lot harder at the ball and harder at the man. I'm thinking something's really ticked him off about his performance last year and it looks like he's stepped up his game.

Impressed with Eddy and would hope he'll start becoming a regular in the side.

Joey played pretty awesomely (look, I know it's not a word, but it'll do...) and looked pretty fit.

Nick Heyne kicked a goal and from what I saw was pretty clean with the ball and could become a valuable player.

Gardiner. Well he can definitely play, as I'm sure many would agree. Him and King woudl combine for probably one of our best rucks divisions for a very very long time. But whether or not Gardiner keeps himself out of injuries and the like is another question.

Milne kicked the opening goal and was very vocal (surprise surprise) around the forward line structure.

Goose played 3/4 of the game. Hopefully he can get back up to match fitness and get a few games under his belt this year.. But at the same time don't be surprised if he doesn't.

Ross Tangatulum (sp?) created a fair bit of excitement, missing a goal earlier in the game and then finally bagging one later on.

As a whole, everyone looked much fitter and not as tardy as last year. Considering the heat everyone did a good job. not as much bulk on the players as in recent years (perhaps some of the swooning ladies on here might be able to clarify this for me) But evceryone definitely looks much fitter than usual.
Fair enough report but fail to understand how they look fitter than last year. I am sure there is a 1-2 % improvement but you would have to have a good eye to spot that. As for the Bulk they look similar to me except maybe LJ and Mini who looks bigger not smaller. Who does look like they have less bulk?

Pilgram
Club Player

Jimmy Gwilt is not in the 22.
Farren Ray is a Superstar !! Telling Grammy where to stand LOL - the arrogance.
Michael 'The Big Show' Gardiner sparking many a remark.

The Best News: Kosi is dropping bombs and Roo's knee looked in good order.

luke.l_26
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66...
I guess what I'm meant to say, is that they (the whole team in general with exemptions oing to the latest recruits) are lighter on their feet and quicker, and considering the training over the past couple of weeks in the heat, it wouldn't suprise me if some of thm have lost a kilo or two. :wink:

hotdish
Club Player

How did Steven Baker go?

McEvoy?

the_D_train
Club Player

Does anyone have a list of the goal kickers.

Thanks.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

the_D_train wrote:Does anyone have a list of the goal kickers.

Thanks.
Only a gues but for the black side. Kosi 4 Milne 2 Gilbert 2 Heyne 1 joey 1
White side Ross 1

There was probably more just cannot remember.