Is it Possible- a saintly suggestion?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Is it Possible- a saintly suggestion?

to organise to give the Little extras as donation to Saints who may be affected by the fires.

a)to give that spare saints jumper, dvd, video, saints scarf or book

b)or donate a ' game attendance' to the Club so they can offer this to saints on their books who may be affected- or even just find saint supporter of any football fans and emergency service personell-- would only be anything from $2 for childs attendance to the $20 for an adult.
- wolud probably need to be on one specific game

I realise that the "Big" organisations AFL etc will do something but just wondered if there were other options

we will suffer donation overload BUT there are ways to give without it costing
* Blood bank Donation- costs you nothing and you get a biscuit and a cup of tea or fruit drink - organise a group and go together-
* clothing- if the cupboards bulging and it really needs clearing out-- shoes too- and give to Red Cross etc
* toys, books, videos the kids have grown out of or you've now got on DVD
the video player or the toaster.

I don't know how hard it is to find out if there are saints members, supporters or fans- or even just footbll fans.
using local football clubs or contacts maybe- I hear that the Area Ben McEvoy is from is now affected.- maybe there are players with contacts in these areas.

maybe just a way of offeringa little surprise or time out as lives are being re- established.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
hellorocky
Club Player

Yes, I was thinking the same thing just now. We have our AGM tomorrow night and it will be on the agenda

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Yep, good idea.

There has to be something we as a footy community can do.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is it Possible- a saintly suggestion?

saintbrat wrote:to organise to give the Little extras as donation to Saints who may be affected by the fires.

a)to give that spare saints jumper, dvd, video, saints scarf or book

b)or donate a ' game attendance' to the Club so they can offer this to saints on their books who may be affected- or even just find saint supporter of any football fans and emergency service personell-- would only be anything from $2 for childs attendance to the $20 for an adult.
- wolud probably need to be on one specific game

I realise that the "Big" organisations AFL etc will do something but just wondered if there were other options

we will suffer donation overload BUT there are ways to give without it costing
* Blood bank Donation- costs you nothing and you get a biscuit and a cup of tea or fruit drink - organise a group and go together-
* clothing- if the cupboards bulging and it really needs clearing out-- shoes too- and give to Red Cross etc
* toys, books, videos the kids have grown out of or you've now got on DVD
the video player or the toaster.

I don't know how hard it is to find out if there are saints members, supporters or fans- or even just footbll fans.
using local football clubs or contacts maybe- I hear that the Area Ben McEvoy is from is now affected.- maybe there are players with contacts in these areas.

maybe just a way of offeringa little surprise or time out as lives are being re- established.
WE CAN & WE MUST

I believe that we as a supporter group can't do it alone. St Kilda as a club can't do it alone. We need to combine with ALL clubs and the AFL to make a significant contribution

Brat !!

Have you put this idea to Archie? (email, rather than "Ask Archie as it would get to him sooner) The club is in the best position to put this idea to the AFL who in turn would be able to co-ordinate what the clubs/fans can do to help !!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

E-Mail just sent to Archie:

Hi Archie,

I think the bushfires that devistated much of Victoria this weekend has touched us all in some way or another. I believe our thoughts should now be about what WE can do to help those affected by this disaster.

An idea started on Saintsational that we as SAINTS could all do our little bit to help. I believe that it should extend to ALL clubs and the AFL, with the AFL co-ordinating what we the football community can do to help.

Is it possible that you can put this idea to the AFL asap so that anything that can be done is done as soon as possible.

Cheers

Eastern !!

I'll post his response

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

There was actually an All Stars game against either Carlton or Hawthorn after the Ash Wednesday. The AFL are very good at organising this sort of thing so hopefully they may be able to do something even in this day of professional footy.

SaintDebi
Club Player

Great idea guys. I'll keep watching to see what happens and what I can do to help. Particularly love the idea of donating extra footy gear as there are many stuggling financially who would love a way to help. I know its early days, but I'm in Geelong if that idea takes off and a drop off / collection point is needed here as part of that plan.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

My assumption was the AFL WILL do something
Cricket Australia already have- Donation s at Tuesdays game in Adelaide

and great if that takes off

although football clubs have been struggling with the drought and many already under stress I'm sure they will dig deep

I was thinking more the personal touch of Saints goods to a member/ fan who's lost his/her treasures- be it even a harvey T shirt or Book.
and along with your thoughts Saintdebi the football boots

and then the day/ night out for those who will be rudderless for many days/ weeks

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Archie's Response (inside 1 hour)

Already happened there have been emails from early today to all Ceo's & footy mgrs to work out what all clubs & the AFL will do.
Ideas from playing nab challenge games to prize money from nab cup.
We are on to it meeting tmrw at the club to see what's possible.
Next week for us is hard with the GC community camp & game.
But we are onto it
Cheers
Archie

I think its great that clubs and the AFL are working on this. They can be much, much more effective than individuals and/or small groups. We'll have to wait and see what they come up with. As Brat has already stated, the AFL/CLUBS are pretty good with this sort of thing !!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Archie's Response (inside 1 hour)

Already happened there have been emails from early today to all Ceo's & footy mgrs to work out what all clubs & the AFL will do.
Ideas from playing nab challenge games to prize money from nab cup.
We are on to it meeting tmrw at the club to see what's possible.
Next week for us is hard with the GC community camp & game.
But we are onto it
Cheers
Archie

I think its great that clubs and the AFL are working on this. They can be much, much more effective than individuals and/or small groups. We'll have to wait and see what they come up with. As Brat has already stated, the AFL/CLUBS are pretty good with this sort of thing !!
Many thanks Archie and to all the other CEO's - great work.

Would love a special match - not just funds from an existing NAB cup match.

It needs IMO to be a one-off type game to get as much interest and money as possible.

EDIT: I've heard the blood bank aren't short of blood at the moment, perhaps hold off for a few days re making an appointment so as not to flood the centre - they'll still need plenty of blood for the next month!
Last edited by saintspremiers on Sun 08 Feb 2009 7:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

great to hear that all the clubs and AFL are onto this.....

great thoughts by everyone, even those without much money can help by donating blood.

terrible day

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=750183
The Gold Coast Football Club, the Gold Coast City Council and the AFL have agreed to donate 50 per cent of the proceeds from the game on Saturday between St Kilda and the Brisbane Lions, a gesture expected to raise more than $70,000.

Brisbane Lions chief executive Michael Bowers said the club welcomed the opportunity to be involved.

"The fires are clearly a national tragedy and we are pleased to be able work as part of the AFL industry to do whatever we can to help," he said.

St Kilda chief executive Archie Fraser said the Melbourne club was equally committed to the cause.

"This is a time when every contribution, regardless of the size will help the people
...........Players and spectators at all three matches in New Zealand and at the AFL match on the Gold Coast will also be asked to observe a minute's silence before the games.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
GrumpyOne

saintspremiers wrote:EDIT: I've heard the blood bank aren't short of blood at the moment, perhaps hold off for a few days re making an appointment so as not to flood the centre
*insert inappropriate mental image here*