ST KILDA, does our name mean anything anymore?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:AOK has got it in one

Too many people are playing the man not the ball

A few people need to learn that disagreeing with someone does not mean you have the right to resort to name-calling and abuse..or urge on those who do

St Fid, SP2008 and Joffaboy..Im talking to you..cut it out

the lack of respect for others opinions on here is damn frightening sometimes

I disagree with plenty of people's opinions on here (including B4E quite often) but along with the majority of posters, I manage to convey that without belittling peoples usernames, screaming uppercase threatening abuse or calling people toerags.

Those who think this is acceptable behaviour need to have a bit of a look at themselves. I doubt yoou'd do it in public, so dont do it here :!:
bulls*** you disagree with his views...its major opinion you ar in bed with him letting him off

as posted by st fid...repetitive trolling is not allowed...same issue....b4e???

does that apply or are you going to look past that yet again???

answer plain and simple

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda...means everything....

It is what we are.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
saint66au wrote:AOK has got it in one

Too many people are playing the man not the ball

A few people need to learn that disagreeing with someone does not mean you have the right to resort to name-calling and abuse..or urge on those who do

St Fid, SP2008 and Joffaboy..Im talking to you..cut it out

the lack of respect for others opinions on here is damn frightening sometimes

I disagree with plenty of people's opinions on here (including B4E quite often) but along with the majority of posters, I manage to convey that without belittling peoples usernames, screaming uppercase threatening abuse or calling people toerags.

Those who think this is acceptable behaviour need to have a bit of a look at themselves. I doubt yoou'd do it in public, so dont do it here :!:
bulls*** you disagree with his views...its major opinion you ar in bed with him letting him off

as posted by st fid...repetitive trolling is not allowed...same issue....b4e???

does that apply or are you going to look past that yet again???

answer plain and simple
Ahhh ok..did you enjoy reading every single one of his and my posts over the years? thats the only way you could have reached that conclusion

So speaking of agreeing, you agree with St Fids abuse and threatening behaviour in that thread?? Reckon thats acceptable? You seem to. Lets have you answer one of my questions for a change seeing as you are always demanding answers from me.

B4E has been warned for trolling before..but this time he's only posted twice in one night. Yes its the same opinion..but would you rather he changed it just to keep you and your lynch mob happy?

Oh and the more red faced and blathering you get yelling at me, the calmer I'm going to reply to you..so save yourself some energy and maybe learn some manners and respect eh?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Jeez, I noticed I got warned by saints66au in this thread. What happened Mick was the beer i bought you warm or something :wink:

Well you are correct I shouldn't play the man, but I get incensed by nuff nuff clowns who self righteously think they are a better supporter than I am because I critisise the club and then have the audacity to tell me I cant support the club.

It makes my blood boil and these people can give themselves an uppercut. Really pisses me off no end.

I suppose I am not a real supporter because I dont slavishly subscribe to their drone like lemming POV.

Oops there I go again, playing the man :D .

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:1- I agree with P66 on this
A very brave thing to admit to publicly, respect!
2- B4E is becomng monotounous and boring
What do you mean becoming?8-)
3- B4E throws these views, yet cannot / will not suggest any alternative solutions. Hence, it isn't a debate... it's boring and repetitive.
I will address this soon in a reply to St. Byron!
4- I agree with P66 on this.
Did I say brave before?

hmmm....................................:idea:
5- Joffa, stop being a bully
To the very best of my understanding Joffa does have relatives who are bulldogs supporters, but he himself has never become a member of that club and he is a paid up Saints member and a loyal Sainter!

More fool you, for even bringing this into question!
6- AOK, we've had threads locked which are more sensible than this one, that's why.

That would be YOUR opinion, but isn't this a forum for ALL people's opinion's, whether or not they conform to YOUR view?

I'd suggest that threads get locked because of them being hijacked by people who's only concern is to post personalized nonsense, off topic with no relevance to the actual debate and then wonder why another thread pops up on the same subject!

Why should this issue be off limits?

Is it too hard for people to NOT post if all they have to add is personalized jibes directed at a poster, which do nothing more than hijack the thread, stifling discussion and debate?

And it's amazing that once they've succeeded in turning a thread pear shaped into a slanging match with personalized posts targetting other posters, they're the first one's crying to the mods, when a new thread related to this topic gets started!

Sure enough, in they come like rat's up a drainpipe and pigs in shyte, at the ready to hijack any discussion on this matter, deliberately take a thread off topic, then run to the mods pleading for it to be locked!

Pathetic really, no wonder I don't read this site much anymore!

A serious matter of this football club relocating itself to Seaford, which in my view will be an unmitigated disaster for the club I love and support and the club my Great Great Grandfather followed in 1873, but it would seem in name only and even then that doesn't seem to stand for much anymore, given the agenda's of the current board!

Am I not entitled to voice my opinion on a forum which in essence exists for ALL people's opinion's however varied?
7- we are all well and truly aware of a certain poster's views on the move to Seaford. Why can't these views be stated / repeated adnauseum on a the Seaford thread... in stead of starting the same old, same old?
As addressed previously, they are not contained all within one thread because any thread on this matter gets hijacked by certain individuals, of which YOU are one!!

Through the misguided directive of the current board, the St kilda football club is being relocating to the backblocks of Seaford, mind you this has not been 100% resolved yet so it's still a very current issue, but according to you and a few others, even on a St kilda Football Club Fan Forum Website, this is not an appropriate matter worthy of any discussion?
8- Mods, the request goes to the matter of principle. We had this discussion in the general forum, and you've locked relevant, more intelligent threads in the past because in your opinion, you deemed them not worth of continuing.
See Above!
9- Why would we train at St Kilda FFS? Like P66 said, no wanted it in the last 40 years, now because we're going to Seaford??? Maybe we should play at Waverly twice a year also... and the Peanut Farm... and Princes Park... :roll:
There you go again agreeing with P66,........ scary!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

a few posters have lost sight of the important issue here.
I am the most important StKilda supporter and my viewpoint is the only correct one. All other points of view are erroneous by default.
I have not made up my mind about the move to Seaford.
When I do, I will voice my opinion.
But if I was to be honest I do have a preference for the lattes in Ackland St.
I fear this may also be of concern to B4eva, it will take years before seaford gets any culture.
If at all. And then who knows if there will be any latte shops in StKilda left.

Seeya
rexy
SS Life Member

Think we should have represented ourselves at StKilda festival due to our name and history of doing so, whilst the festival is arts and music based it is my experience growing up in Melbourne that we have a large supporter base in particularly the music world, partly due to the StKilda name and possibly also due to the fashionably unfashionable nature of the side being battlers that never win much?

I dont beleive however that building an elite training and social facility in the StKilda region has ever been a real option in the modern era. Land value is high and is in demand from domestic property developers, resteraunters and the arts world, the return on investment for local council and state government is not high in comparison from a training base for an AFL team and the use of existing infrastructure would put preassure on local sporting groups etc.

We had to make a move and for me Seaford is just as good as Moorabin, Waverly, Casey or Pascoe Vale? As long as the facility is good the players have the best chance to train, recover and recouperate well enough to be competitive with other sides.

Maybe this year?
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:Think we should have represented ourselves at StKilda festival due to our name and history of doing so, whilst the festival is arts and music based it is my experience growing up in Melbourne that we have a large supporter base in particularly the music world, partly due to the StKilda name and possibly also due to the fashionably unfashionable nature of the side being battlers that never win much?

I dont beleive however that building an elite training and social facility in the StKilda region has ever been a real option in the modern era. Land value is high and is in demand from domestic property developers, resteraunters and the arts world, the return on investment for local council and state government is not high in comparison from a training base for an AFL team and the use of existing infrastructure would put preassure on local sporting groups etc.

We had to make a move and for me Seaford is just as good as Moorabin, Waverly, Casey or Pascoe Vale? As long as the facility is good the players have the best chance to train, recover and recouperate well enough to be competitive with other sides.
Good post Rexy. Spot on I reckon.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

just my 2 bobs worth, firstly I have noticed a fair lack of love going on around here, Collingwood and Carlton supporters eat their own but I never thought I would see a similar instance, maybe it's just a storm in a teacup, a one of, preseason jitters although I have noticed it across a few threads.
Admittedly it seems there a few personalities on here that repeatably clash, maybe it's just that..a personality thing which is strange when you consider that we all sail in the same boat.
Or maybe it's just a by product of us all being of the same belief and having no one else on here to vent our spleen on so we turn on each other ? which is evident when a troll from outside relieves the tension by entering and is pack attacked by all and sundry forgetting momentarily about our own little squabbles.
Any that's it from me , Sigmund Fireman Freud.....leave the money in the jar on the way out.

PS StKilda is the name of the team I support, always was, always will be.

I won't change the name of my dog if he s***s in another part of the backyard.
:wink:

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

aussierules0k wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote: If you cannot... then shut the F*** up and get on with life. :evil:
Nobody should shut the f*** up... or be told to shut the f*** up.
F*** is f***.... is it not.... so why all the swearing on a family forum?
Actually, a F*** is an old Arab saying which evolved from a story about a kid called "Farekh".

Farekh was known as the village chatter box and never stopped talking. All day every day, he kept repeating the same stuff over and over again.

Much if his dismay centred on the local Mufti's decisio to build a new state of the art Mosque far away near a place called Frankamestopia.

Young Farekh passionately believe that any new Mosuque should be built cloaser to Isalam's spiritual home in St Mecca.

This was despite the fact that land in St Mecca was extraordinarily expensive and that the Muslim clerics frowned upon Mosques ever having poker machines.

Despite all his protestations and calls for the current Mufti and his Imams to be tossed out... Poor young Farekh, could not come up with any feasible alternatives as to where they should build the new Mosque.

Eventually, many of the villagers became fed up with Farek's boring, repetitive, camel shyte rantings, and one particluar citizen stood up during prayer time and called out:

Can somebody please shut the Farekh up?

Hence the old Arab saying of Shut The Farekh Up... which over the ages morphed into the saying "shut the F*** up".

Now, AOK, I hope this expalins things cleary. Please get your facts straight before mounthing off at me.

Otherwise, shut the farekh up. :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
EB
Club Player

Nice story.

Anyway, St Kilda Saints is essentially just a marketable brand name in much the same way as Nike or Adidas, only they're marketing the "club" and its players rather than actual products

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:1- I agree with P66 on this
A very brave thing to admit to publicly, respect!
2- B4E is becomng monotounous and boring
What do you mean becoming?8-)
3- B4E throws these views, yet cannot / will not suggest any alternative solutions. Hence, it isn't a debate... it's boring and repetitive.
I will address this soon in a reply to St. Byron!
4- I agree with P66 on this.
Did I say brave before?

hmmm....................................:idea:
5- Joffa, stop being a bully
To the very best of my understanding Joffa does have relatives who are bulldogs supporters, but he himself has never become a member of that club and he is a paid up Saints member and a loyal Sainter!

More fool you, for even bringing this into question!
6- AOK, we've had threads locked which are more sensible than this one, that's why.

That would be YOUR opinion, but isn't this a forum for ALL people's opinion's, whether or not they conform to YOUR view?

I'd suggest that threads get locked because of them being hijacked by people who's only concern is to post personalized nonsense, off topic with no relevance to the actual debate and then wonder why another thread pops up on the same subject!

Why should this issue be off limits?

Is it too hard for people to NOT post if all they have to add is personalized jibes directed at a poster, which do nothing more than hijack the thread, stifling discussion and debate?

And it's amazing that once they've succeeded in turning a thread pear shaped into a slanging match with personalized posts targetting other posters, they're the first one's crying to the mods, when a new thread related to this topic gets started!

Sure enough, in they come like rat's up a drainpipe and pigs in shyte, at the ready to hijack any discussion on this matter, deliberately take a thread off topic, then run to the mods pleading for it to be locked!

Pathetic really, no wonder I don't read this site much anymore!

A serious matter of this football club relocating itself to Seaford, which in my view will be an unmitigated disaster for the club I love and support and the club my Great Great Grandfather followed in 1873, but it would seem in name only and even then that doesn't seem to stand for much anymore, given the agenda's of the current board!

Am I not entitled to voice my opinion on a forum which in essence exists for ALL people's opinion's however varied?
7- we are all well and truly aware of a certain poster's views on the move to Seaford. Why can't these views be stated / repeated adnauseum on a the Seaford thread... in stead of starting the same old, same old?
As addressed previously, they are not contained all within one thread because any thread on this matter gets hijacked by certain individuals, of which YOU are one!!

Through the misguided directive of the current board, the St kilda football club is being relocating to the backblocks of Seaford, mind you this has not been 100% resolved yet so it's still a very current issue, but according to you and a few others, even on a St kilda Football Club Fan Forum Website, this is not an appropriate matter worthy of any discussion?
8- Mods, the request goes to the matter of principle. We had this discussion in the general forum, and you've locked relevant, more intelligent threads in the past because in your opinion, you deemed them not worth of continuing.
See Above!
9- Why would we train at St Kilda FFS? Like P66 said, no wanted it in the last 40 years, now because we're going to Seaford??? Maybe we should play at Waverly twice a year also... and the Peanut Farm... and Princes Park... :roll:
There you go again agreeing with P66,........ scary!
Dude I unsderstand your concerns.

And just as you're entitled to make them, I'm entitled to disagree.

My issue is that if you want to do so, trying posting something a bit more intelligent such as facts and alternative solutions.

Instead of the same colourful language that you use. That's all.

All you've added to every discussiion on this is that the move is a disaster, and that the board should be chucked out.

I put it to you as I do to everyone... if you can run the place better, form a ticket and I'll vote for you.

I simply do not see what complaining about the same thing over and over again is going to achieve.

Why not direct your energies into something more productive?

Be pro active and stop being reactive. It's easy to sit on the sidelines and take pot shots IMO.

It takes real courage to stand up and fight for what you believe in...

Where do you stand B4E?

From what I've seen, you're a merely a bird on a biscuit tin.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.