Zac Dawson the new Tim Elliott?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lyonhearted
Club Player

Zac Dawson the new Tim Elliott?

I hate to say this but on what I saw in last night's game Zac Dawson could well be the new Tim Elliott? My heart was in my mouth every time he got the ball as he fumbled and turned the ball over with almost every possession.

I wish the kid well and it's good that he's been given the opportunity to prove himself with the Saints but he's going to have to be a LOT better than that if he wants to cement a place in the side.

saintly_safes
Club Player

Had a bad night, but on a positve note it couldnt get any worse

markinUSA
SS Life Member

I still feel really bad about Tim Elliot. I feel like we - the fans - really should treat OUR OWN players better than that. We crucified him. He may not have been as good as some other players, but we need to treat our own players better.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
groupie1
Club Player

I thought Dawson was woeful

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

He had plenty of mates who were ordinary but as usual escape attention.

He made a few blues but if you can't do that in the first PRACTICE match of the year, when can you?

He'll be ok.

groupie1
Club Player

I hope you're right, mate - this was the first I've ever seen him, so, on tonight's game i thought he lacked composure and looked out of his depth.
But, fair point... deserves a chance to show he's worth the investment

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Got plenty of it, which was good. They need to percist with him, as great backmen don't develop overnight. A few less fumbles and some fairer umpiring and he would have been great...I hope he's the new Max.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I could see why he is no longer at Hawthorn.

lyonhearted
Club Player

markinUSA wrote:I still feel really bad about Tim Elliot. I feel like we - the fans - really should treat OUR OWN players better than that. We crucified him. He may not have been as good as some other players, but we need to treat our own players better.
You're right... my apologies Tim if you happen to be reading this thread. You may not have been endowed with all the skills, but you were a real trier and always tried to get the best out of yourself (and a hell of a good bloke too I hear). Better to have someone like that in your side than a guy with all the talent in the world that won't put in (I won't mention names).

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Get some perspective.

He is a rookie listed player who is unlikely to get a senior gig unless something major befalls our tall backs.

He is coverage. Backup.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

although he had a poor game so did goose, so did raph (ducks head)

2 kpp's and a running back...3 out of the back 6...no wonder we didnt do to well by night's end

the only mment that sticks out for me is his attempt to spoil mitch clark (i think) and to get extra height he pushed off his shoulders in an attempt to spoil/mark....it just came across as basic and an error that is surely taught to 10 year olds not to do

if there is a more blatent defensive free kick in the entire league given away this year i will be surprised

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:although he had a poor game so did goose, so did raph (ducks head)

2 kpp's and a running back...3 out of the back 6...no wonder we didnt do to well by night's end

the only mment that sticks out for me is his attempt to spoil mitch clark (i think) and to get extra height he pushed off his shoulders in an attempt to spoil/mark....it just came across as basic and an error that is surely taught to 10 year olds not to do

if there is a more blatent defensive free kick in the entire league given away this year i will be surprised
no no... let's trial judge and hang a player based on 1 practice game.

After all... it's the Sainsational way, isn't it? :wink:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Great conditions for a 200 cm footballer to show his worth :roll: :roll: :roll: The free to Mitch Clark is always a 50/50 decision with the better known players getting away with it. Zacs defensive spoiling was fantastic with no marks taken in a contest he was involved in.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:although he had a poor game so did goose, so did raph (ducks head)

dont wink at me please

apart from his one howler last night i didnt think he could do much else...poor conditions...ball slippery as soap...seemed to get into contests so all good

hopefully not his best game for us in any form

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

dont wink at me please

apart from his one howler last night i didnt think he could do much else...poor conditions...ball slippery as soap...seemed to get into contests so all good

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

dont wink at me please

i told you

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

WayneJudson42 wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

dont wink at me please

i told you
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

esaint66
SS Life Member

WayneJudson42 wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

dont wink at me please

i told you

You smartarse juddo :wink: :wink:

ace
Saintsational Legend

The full back you have when you haven't got a full back.
Does he live in Clayton?

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Let's not forget that Zac is on the rookie list, which means we need a serious injury in order for him to be promoted.

Saw him make some bad errors, like he was trying to hard to impress and was very nervous.

Now I wont completely judge him on one game, any one know what his form was like at Box Hill?

However, his next outing will need to be considerably better.

We'll see how he goes on Feb 27 against the Bulldogs.

mick13
Club Player

Wasn't great, but it's hard to judge him on one practise match in wet conditions.

Assuming Allen is on the LTI, is he the most likely to get promoted?

Batnoe

I havent seen a replay on tv but he did all things a full back should. stuck on Clark watching it live with his arm on him the whole time. looks to have a fair bit of speed and agilty... there could definitly be a long term replacement to Max in my view, we will see how we go

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

esaint66 wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

dont wink at me please

i told you

You smartarse juddo :wink: :wink:
How long did it take you to work that out? :wink:

As for the OP... are you the next GW Bush?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

borderbarry wrote:I could see why he is no longer at Hawthorn.
Apparently has something to do with being delisted. Just a rumour at this stage.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I thought Dawson was hopeless in the air but did a few good things when the ball was on the ground. That said, he did some very ordinary things when the ball was on the ground as well. If he's playing during the season then it must mean Max, Gilbo, Goose, Blake and Chips are all injured.