Adelaide and Port Adelaide games DELAYED on Channel 7!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

would be nice if the SC could get a live feed though. They may well charge $50 for the privlidge though :lol:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:meh, I couldnt give a rats if its a half hour delayed, whats the big deal seriously?! The 5-6 ads after every goal are more of a concern, but ya cant have everything.
The big deal is if some fwit calls you, or you inadvertantly find out the live score.

That really sucks.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Listen to it on radio.

Does it really matter?
Y E S !!

I think if you are a hard-core fan you want to know straight away.
I could never just pretend it was starting half an hour late.

If the club or some pub isn't taking the live feed,
then I will listen to the radio (I assume that is live !!!)
and tape the delayed telecast to watch later.

I understand this, but I just dont get it.

Matters much more if we win or not. Im not going to forgo watching it and listen to the radio just cause its delahyed 30 mins. Seems completely insane to me, but each to his own!
You obviously have better self control than me. Last year laid up after a knee operation - I listened to the Saints v Filth final on the radio while watching the delayed telecast.

Couldn't help myself.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

hang on! At the same time? Live radio while watching delayed pictures ? :D

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:hang on! At the same time? Live radio while watching delayed pictures ? :D
lol - yup - considering I was on elephant juice pain killers at the time it was pretty confusing - made the game bloody interesting though :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Questions being asked: Does it matter? Why not watch the delay as if it was live? Listen to the radio.

This is the 21st century and we can't get access to a live interstate AFL game. A game that is supposed to be the biggest in this country.

Channel 7 can f*** itself.

I will be listening to the radio as I do not watch 'delayed' football. But I will also be cursing during and in the mean time.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Get a reality check!

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:Why does it matter that the two matches start half an hour later on tv? I mean just wait half an hour and it is like it is live anyway? People have lost there homes and family members in bushfires and people on here are worrying about that they can't see a saints game because they have to wait an extra half an hour? I mean I wish it was live too but fair dinkum...get a reality check who cares! Atleast you have a place to live and a tv to watch it on...Go saints!
Bushfires. That's a relevant argument :roll:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:thanks roger - does anyone know of any pubs in Melbourne that pick up Impaja (a local NT station) that may show the game live??

I had a satellite dish once that picked it up along with some WA channels - was great for live footy.....don't have it now though.
Forgetting whether the game should be live or not what do find wrong with just watching the game as if it is live?
Being able to go to a venue and watch it in the company of other Saints fans without the danger of someone giving away the live scores

Oh and radio? SA's soooooo balanced and unbiased coverage relayed through to the Vic stations??/ No thank you very much.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:thanks roger - does anyone know of any pubs in Melbourne that pick up Impaja (a local NT station) that may show the game live??

I had a satellite dish once that picked it up along with some WA channels - was great for live footy.....don't have it now though.
Forgetting whether the game should be live or not what do find wrong with just watching the game as if it is live?
Being able to go to a venue and watch it in the company of other Saints fans without the danger of someone giving away the live scores

Oh and radio? SA's soooooo balanced and unbiased coverage relayed through to the Vic stations??/ No thank you very much.
I was actually talking about at home. Agree it is impossible if you are out as i found out last year in the final against the pies.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saint66au wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I was actually talking about at home. Agree it is impossible if you are out as i found out last year in the final against the pies.
you missed a victorian final :O

but seriously... we got sold a lame duck when we got the national comp!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint66au wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

you missed a victorian final :O

but seriously... we got sold a lame duck when we got the national comp!
Had no choice my other side was in a GF and we won. Couldnt leave after that.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

kosifantutti23 wrote:
R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:Why does it matter that the two matches start half an hour later on tv? I mean just wait half an hour and it is like it is live anyway? People have lost there homes and family members in bushfires and people on here are worrying about that they can't see a saints game because they have to wait an extra half an hour? I mean I wish it was live too but fair dinkum...get a reality check who cares! Atleast you have a place to live and a tv to watch it on...Go saints!
Bushfires. That's a relevant argument :roll:
It is relevant if you can understand the point I was making. I don't understanding how everyone is complaining about having to wait an extra half an hour to see the saints when there are people out there who have lost everything...I mean who really cares, I wish it was live too but i don't think there is much anyone can do about it...

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:
It is relevant if you can understand the point I was making. I don't understanding how everyone is complaining about having to wait an extra half an hour to see the saints when there are people out there who have lost everything...I mean who really cares, I wish it was live too but i don't think there is much anyone can do about it...
Maybe you should bring up the bushfires in every thread. It would settle a lot of arguments.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Welcome to my world when I was in Darwin. Used to get the sunday games an hour on delay for some stupid reason,and friday nights due to the time diff, so I had to turn off radio,phone,etc. Always knew if we were getting a hammering if I'd turn the phone on and have 14 new messages...

These time delays actually work for me though,as I have to work late friday nights now,so with the delay I should catch the last qrt and a bit

Bring back the Lockett era
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Well Channel 10 have buckled under intense media pressure (and fans) and will show Judd vs Cousins LIVE on Thursday night into Melbourne.

Good PR for Channel 10.

IF the AFL FORCED Channel 7 to show the 3 Friday night games from traditional non-live venues (ie our 2 in Adelaide and Bris Vs Pies from the Gabba) this year LIVE, how much in lost ratings would that cost Channel 7 in the whole scheme of a season VERSUS the massively good PR they could get out of it???

Come Channel 7, Come on the AFL - work TOGETHER - get some good PR spin out of it for BOTH PARTIES, and it may well do a lot of longer term good.

....afterall, it's only a small fraction of the 22 Friday night's we are talking about!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

half an hour???
friggin hell......at least ya get to see the game on the telly.
have a wank for half hr to kill the time......shesh ya cant find something to do for half hr???

i myself wlll be in a corporate box for the crows game and somewhere in the crowd down the saints end for the port match :twisted: