Hayes out for this week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Hayes out for this week

Hayes hammy - out for this week

as reported on footy classified

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

just heard that.

Beauty....hudgton, Hayes...off to a flyer. :roll:

Where are all those that want to win by 15 goals?

As Thomas mentioned it means Kirk can go freely to a Dal Santo and cause us huge problems...

F@Rk thats frustrating.

“Yeah….nah””
thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Unless if we can play Dal of the HB line...??? It's a possibility thats been posed in the pre-season

If this is the case, then surely he wont be as closely tagged!

Plus -think of the positives... Who can debut in his spot? Shame Armitage isnt fit to step up and show us what he's REALLY capable of!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Swans have two big names out as well.

So what? There will always be one or two out.

If his hammy is no good dont rush him back and have him out for four weeks.

As for 15 goal wins - hmmmm against Sydney there will be lucky if there is a total 15 goals scored.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

thirty-seven!? wrote:Unless if we can play Dal of the HB line...??? It's a possibility thats been posed in the pre-season

If this is the case, then surely he wont be as closely tagged!

Plus -think of the positives... Who can debut in his spot? Shame Armitage isnt fit to step up and show us what he's REALLY capable of!
nah Armitage injured too.

Maybe Eddy?.....nah hes injured too.....

Is Harvey fit?

“Yeah….nah””
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

15 goals JB? Could be a bit generous.

As long as SOMEBODY can stand up in the midfield for him.

BelfastSaint
Club Player

To balance things up a bit though ... the Swans will be missing Leo Barry and Michael O'Loughlin ..

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Not good news. We can't afford to lose anyone in the middle

Whats the word on Gram? Is he right to go or is he still injured? Haven't heard squat about him lately.

Can see this one being a repeat of last year R1 in terms of a spectacle

Bring back the Lockett era
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

BelfastSaint wrote:To balance things up a bit though ... the Swans will be missing Leo Barry and Michael O'Loughlin ..
Meh.....Oloughlin Ive never rated honestly,

Had they been missing Brett Kirk/Bolton.....Id be impressed.

Midfields are where its won/lost and when you lose THE most important in and under in your side it hurts. Ball will be asked to feed many...hope hes up to it.

“Yeah….nah””
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

um, yeah ...what is up with gram ? Does he still play for us ? Quitest pre season in history.

The Doc
Club Player

i reckon you'll see goddard and ball doing a lot of the in and under work in hayes' absence. give him as much time as he needs - you can't win the flag in round 1

2010 has a nice ring to it.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The Doc wrote:i reckon you'll see goddard and ball doing a lot of the in and under work in hayes' absence. give him as much time as he needs - you can't win the flag in round 1
To be fair Ive not read a thread say "please play an injured Hayes"...

more just lamenting that once again....we build some expectation only to be smacked by injury to key players.

your right its rd.....lets hope we make hay by round 5 with this so called dream draw...

“Yeah….nah””
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

what we want to see is kirk go to goddard...imo goddard has the physicality to tear kirk off and away...hurt him if he wants to go forward

and even if dal santo gets tagged out by kirk the swans might have issues with fisher, gram and goddard playing up the guts

f*** im glad footy is back

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
CaptainRiewoldt
Club Player

MacQualter will be in is my bet. He is not too bad in and under.

means ray and begley will get the shots down back to let goddard in the centre.

baker?? is he ready?? If so on the ball SON!!

If we are serious flag contenders we have to be able to cover injuries.

Ball, Montagna, MacQualter, Dal Santo, Gram, Goddard, Bakes is still a decent midfield for Round 1.

sainter35
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:what we want to see is kirk go to goddard...imo goddard has the physicality to tear kirk off and away...hurt him if he wants to go forward

and even if dal santo gets tagged out by kirk the swans might have issues with fisher, gram and goddard playing up the guts

f*** im glad footy is back
There's been talk that we'll push Dal onto the half back line for periods of time this season. I'm not necessarily a fan of that but if Kirk does tag Nick it might not be the worst thing to see Kirk out of the action, particularly in the forward line where he wouldn't be the most comfortable.

Lenny is still going to be a big loss but as has been mentioned we do need to win the winnable ones like this even without our strongest line-up.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I'd rather Dal getting easy ball on the flank and having 20 solid gold touches than being smashed in the middle and losing the hard ball.

I'd rather Geary in the middle as cover. Send him to work. Maybe even Armitage. Don't want Goddard in there early.

It's moment like these I wish we had of grown a pair and...

Anyway.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Lenny is a star and probably my favourite player but if there is one game he could miss it would be the Swans as his record against them is ordinary at best. I would rather him play obviously but we must be better than missing 2-3 players and thinking we cannot win otherwise we are in for a poor season. Having said that our depth is definately worse this year than last.

JABBER
Club Player

hayes out for this week

dont think so should not start rumours like this shame shame shame

trevor barker
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

So we already have what, 3 or 4 soft tissue injuries before the season has started?

I thought Lyon addressed this?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

BelfastSaint wrote:To balance things up a bit though ... the Swans will be missing Leo Barry and Michael O'Loughlin ..
I'd have Lenny & Max over that pair any day !!

Legendary
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:So we already have what, 3 or 4 soft tissue injuries before the season has started?

He did.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

rodgerfox wrote:So we already have what, 3 or 4 soft tissue injuries before the season has started?

Name one club who hasn't got injuries going into round 1?

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Mr X from the West
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote:

Name one club who hasn't got injuries going into round 1?
True. But our depth is more questionable than most other teams. Injuries hurt us.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Not 100% relevant, but found this passage in an article in the Age this morning, talking about the injuries to both sides for our round 1 clash:

Already without Michael O'Loughlin, Leo Barry and Patrick Veszpremi, the Swans will monitor the fitness of forward Ed Barlow (cut foot) and midfielder Amon Buchanan (knee soreness) at today's main training session before boiling down a list of about 26 players in consideration for Saturday night.

The major headache for St Kilda is key defence. Veteran full-back Max Hudghton injured a calf in the opening minutes of a pre-season match, and Matt Maguire is unlikely to return from long-term foot injury despite getting through a practice game at the weekend.

The Saints are expected to elevate former Hawthorn defender Zac Dawson from their rookie list as defensive cover. But, while Dawson is touted as a possible opponent for Barry Hall, the Saints have other options, including Sam Fisher, Jason Blake and James Gwilt.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Chuck Geary in the guts and let him throw his weight around, move Dal to the forward flank where he can do some damage.

Please don't bring in McQualter, I never want to see him play another game.

IMO this is how we should do it

FB: Begley Dawson S.Fisher
HB: Raph Blake Gram
C: Ray Goddard Montagna
HF: Dal Santo Riewoldt Schneider
FF: Gilbert Koschitzke Milne
R: King Ball Geary
I/C: Gardiner Jones Steven Lynch

I know it's a big call to take both Lynch and Steven in, this will give us 5 players making their saints debut but Lynch and Steven both have a future IMO, whereas McQualter and Gwilt don't. I would rather we take a punt on our future rather than those who are just treading water...

I am normally opposed to going into a match with both King and Gardiner, I would rather go in with one and have Blake/ Kosi do some pinch hitting. But I get the feeling there will be a lot of stoppages in this match and we need a fresh ruckman, we really need to capitolise when Jolly is on the bench... I wouldn't mind Goddard going to say hello to Jolly in the first few minutes either :twisted: :twisted:

We need a lot of support in the midfield coming for our flankers, half our midfield are very inexperienced at playing in the heart of the action whereas Sydney's are all veterens, we need to attack in numbers!!

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!