Players Sponsor Raffle: how?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Goose31
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
The_Goose31 wrote:I am not a shareholder in the players being sponsored however I was wondering why the raffle this year wasn't being drawn at a game like last year? Doing it that way gave everyone the option of being at the drawing of the raffle and ensures that there are no complaints over the prize winners.

I am not criticising the way you are going about it this year just wondering why it was changed :)
One reason is that I am involved in a 4 day community activity away from Melbourne over Easter..and have to do a mad-dash back to the game.

2/ Not everyone can actually attend the raffle anyway (and in past years most have not attended including myself as have not be at one yet...) ..ie interstaters, internationals...and even those at the game who do not sit at the MW (myself included).

3/ There are more prizes this year and so the drawing will take longer

4/ results will be posted straight away.

5/ It is simpler for myself for a number of reasons including not having to individualise over 300 tickets as we have a lot more shares this year.
Thanks so much for explaining it for me :) I was simply wondering why it had changed and this new way does seem very efficient in distributing the results to the forum members. Good luck to those in the mix for the prizes :)

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I'll be logging in on Wednesday to see who the winners are...... :lol:

Will the Saints ever be classed as a good club ?
Richter
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote: Sponsorship should be more about encouraging young players, rather than for personal gain.
The_Goose31 wrote:Good luck to those in the mix for the prizes :)
Bugger that, I want to win! :lol: :wink: :roll: 8-)

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
St Michele
Club Player

Does this mean we have to chose numbers and send them in to someone or are we jst alloacted numbers??

Sorry I have never done this before and don;t understand what is being said :?: :oops:

Michele

saintvic
Club Player

Saintsrising, I'm not trying to be difficult, but I have no idea what we are supposed to do in regard to this raffle, I have read and then re read your explanation and still cant follow it, and judging by other posters I am not the only one who doesnt understand.

Please go back to drawing raffle at game it is much simpler, no one can claim to not understand.

If it is not convenient this week, do it at your convenience. If you need help let me know and I will be only too happy.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

I have just edited point 3/ from saintsRrisings original post. It may make things a bit clearer.

saintvic
Club Player

snoopygirl wrote:I have just edited point 3/ from saintsRrisings original post. It may make things a bit clearer.
I am still not any clearer about what is to happen!!

Do I pick a number, if so when, and what if i pick a number someone else has. This is still clear as mud. Sorry :oops:

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saintvic wrote:
snoopygirl wrote:I have just edited point 3/ from saintsRrisings original post. It may make things a bit clearer.
I am still not any clearer about what is to happen!!

Do I pick a number, if so when, and what if i pick a number someone else has. This is still clear as mud. Sorry :oops:
Must admit I'm a little with you here Vic. I like to think I'm not stupid but apparently I am :oops:

Having said that I don't think we really need to understand it as I trust the organisers and appreciate that what they've set up is the easiest and 'simplest' way for this rather large draw to be conducted.

All the best to the 'drawerers' and 'drawees', go Saints!!!

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

The way I understand it is that sometime between now & Wednesday night all sponsors will be asked to choose a number which will then match up with numbers already randomly chosen by saintsRrising & forwarded to a mod.

Of course I could be the stupid one. :shock: :? :D

matrix
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:The way I understand it is that sometime between now & Wednesday night all sponsors will be asked to choose a number which will then match up with numbers already randomly chosen by saintsRrising & forwarded to a mod.

Of course I could be the stupid one. :shock: :? :D
never! 8-)

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

If it wasn't for the fact that you've kept me entertained all weekend with your emoticons, you'd be in serious trouble matrixcutter. :x :wink:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:If it wasn't for the fact that you've kept me entertained all weekend with your emoticons, you'd be in serious trouble matrixcutter. :x :wink:

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

I love it. You win!

saintbob
SS Life Member

St Michele wrote:Does this mean we have to chose numbers and send them in to someone or are we jst alloacted numbers??

Sorry I have never done this before and don;t understand what is being said :?: :oops:

Michele
Sorry but I'm with St Michele.

Are we required to send in numbers??

And what if you can't log on at that particular time, does that mean you're out of the draw???

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

To hopefully clear up some of the confusion:-

The log in tomorrow night is just for those posters (members of the sponsorship group) to nominate a number.

SRr wll/has allocated a random number to each of the 310 shares purchased by the Sponsorship Group.

We have 12 prizes to raffle off, so he will require at least 12 posters to log in and give a lucky number.

SRr will send a list of all the allocated numbers prior to the draw to a mod, so that everything is above board.

If you don't log in it does not diminish your chance of winning something.
As long as 12 numbers are posted then all prizes will be won.

Logging in just gives you a chance to select 1 of the random winning numbers.

If you are lucky enough to win a prize and cannot use it, you can dispose of it to whomever you want.

Hope that clears up the process a bit.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:To hopefully clear up some of the confusion:-

The log in tomorrow night is just for those posters (members of the sponsorship group) to nominate a number.

SRr wll/has allocated a random number to each of the 310 shares purchased by the Sponsorship Group.

We have 12 prizes to raffle off, so he will require at least 12 posters to log in and give a lucky number.

SRr will send a list of all the allocated numbers prior to the draw to a mod, so that everything is above board.

If you are lucky enough to win a prize and cannot use it, you can dispose of it to whomever you want.

Thanks Mr Magic...it's finally twigged, cheers.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

What???? :shock: My explanation didn't do it for you Ghost Like? :wink:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:To hopefully clear up some of the confusion:-

Perfect explanation of what's going to happen....

So if a poster has one share they have been allocated a number...

If a poster has 5 shares they have been allocated 5 separate numbers already...

The first 12 posters that come on line after SrR states what number to start from (it may start from 50) these posters are basically picking the numbers from a hat.

Each and every poster that is a sponsor has already been allocated their number(s).

And it's up to 12 posters to pick a number (or pick a number from a hat, so to speak)

Cheers

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

It would seem that everyone understands now.

Cheers.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:The way I understand it is that sometime between now & Wednesday night all sponsors will be asked to choose a number which will then match up with numbers already randomly chosen by saintsRrising & forwarded to a mod.
No..it will all be done at about 9pm (though not earlier).

I will go on-line a bit earlier with a separate thread to announce it......and remind everyone.

Then I will PM a mod the key....by being a key and not the actual list of numbers it means that the mod would not have time to work out which number is whom prior to numbers being drawn.

Then I will start a new thread at 9pm to call for numbers.

As per a suggestion we will not have numbers 1-50...to remove the bias that many people choose players numbers.

So you are free to nominate any number from 51 to 360. EDIT..will actually be less than 360 as some tickets were already drawn in the first round.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Tue 07 Apr 2009 11:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Just one question SrR....

Are these numbers chosen at random?

That is if a sponsor has 2 or more shares, are they consecutive numbers, or are they at random, and spaced apart?

Sorry to be a pain, but I don't know if that was covered.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Just one question SrR.....

Well you have actually asked two.... ;)
St Fidelius wrote:
Are these numbers chosen at random?.

There will actually be a system to it (hence the key to the mod)..however it will result in a randomised draw.
St Fidelius wrote:
That is if a sponsor has 2 or more shares, are they consecutive numbers, or are they at random, and spaced apart?

I have not actually devised the key yet. I will do that tomorrow.

However I favour having system where shareholders shares are grouped together so that shareaholders know that if they spread the numbers out....that it is more likely that we will have many winners....rather than as happened with one "hat" draw one person winning a number of prizes.

However a shareholder with many tickets will still have an increased chance of winning in proportion with there shareholding.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I've said it before and I'll say it again;

I don't care how it's done ............as long as I win :lol: :lol: 8-) :lol: !!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Just one question SrR.....

Well you have actually asked two.... ;)
St Fidelius wrote:
Are these numbers chosen at random?.

There will actually be a system to it (hence the key to the mod)..however it will result in a randomised draw.
St Fidelius wrote:

I have not actually devised the key yet. I will do that tomorrow.

However I favour having system where shareholders shares are grouped together so that shareaholders know that if they spread the numbers out....that it is more likely that we will have many winners....rather than as happened with one "hat" draw one person winning a number of prizes.

However a shareholder with many tickets will still have an increased chance of winning in proportion with there shareholding.
May I suggest that in fairness that they are not grouped together...

If these so called raffle tickets where put in a hat it would be mixed around and not put together, and if we are to simulate a raffle they should be spread out...

a raffle, to me is tickets mixed together and not grouped...

ie if a poster has 15 shares, one would think they would like those tickets mixed around in this (hat) and have more of an opportunity to win something and maybe even two prizes...

It really is not if a poster wins two prizes or none, they have spent the money to support the Club and have entered in a chance to win a prize, if they have spent more they are entitled to more chances and in a raffle they should be spread out IMO

They have spent more and deserve those extra chances (not being grouped, just like a raffle from a hat) and I feel they should be mixed...

I am not trying to be a smart ass, I really feel that these numbers should be mixed.

It is not about how many one sponsor wins (although having 12 separate winners is a best case scenario), it is about being fair to the multiple sponsors and in a raffle they should be never grouped. No raffle ever is.

But it is your call, and you have the final say

I will go with what ever you think

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

St Fid....I am not sure if you have ever studied statistics...I have.

However whatever way it is done I can assure you that each ticket has an equal chance of winning.....and that the more tickets you have the greater the chance you have of winning in exact ratio to the number of shares you have.

The bias I have suggested is way to increase the number of winners. I personally view the sponsorship as a "collective" activity with the objective being to spread the fun to as many shareholders as possible.

But I will not be picking any numbers....and will see what comes in.

People may select 51 to 63 for all I know.