anger over bj gesture

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Griggsy
SS Life Member

james rose wrote:for starters we are all assuming it was meant as handcuffs... we don't know that.

as someone said above its used as a symbol for no deal on tv every day... maybe it was something along those lines we don't know about?

Supporting your brother going through jail doesn't mean you disagree with his punishment or support trafficking
I thought of basketball, thats the symbol to get a substitution.

ace
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Griggsy"] he is still human even if he is a criminal.[/quote]

Yes he definitely is human because no animal stoops so low as too traffic heroin.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

These personal gestures, whether they are for incarcerated half brothers, new born babies, or recently departed loved ones, give me the shytes.

You've kicked a goal for your team, celebrate with your team mates and your supporters.

St Michele
Club Player

I thought it was the 'no deal' sign from the TV program. Now I know more of what it was about maybe it was a message telling his brother 'see how good life is if you 'no deal', don;t deal drugs and you could be here too'.

Michele :D

matrix
Saintsational Legend

its just a hello to his bro (step bro)
that all
i have no prob with it

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Good on him. Supporting your family is now seen as a bad thing? When did this happen. I can't believe some people fall for all this media crap. So what if he made handcyff gestures, as did Leon Davis and MG in the past. How is this disrespecting the police or judiciary system in anyway? It's not like the people involved aren't behind bars, which should be seen as a positive for that side of the argument should it not. The "good guys" did their job. Is everyone supposed to forget about them while they're locked up, even if our taxes are being spent on their rehab. I think not.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:Good on him. Supporting your family is now seen as a bad thing? When did this happen. I can't believe some people fall for all this media crap. So what if he made handcyff gestures, as did Leon Davis and MG in the past. How is this disrespecting the police or judiciary system in anyway? It's not like the people involved aren't behind bars, which should be seen as a positive for that side of the argument should it not. The "good guys" did their job. Is everyone supposed to forget about them while they're locked up, even if our taxes are being spent on their rehab. I think not.

i agree with you...media beatup of something that is really none of their business.......

bj ....we still loves ya.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stkfc_obsessed
Club Player

kosifantutti23 wrote:These personal gestures, whether they are for incarcerated half brothers, new born babies, or recently departed loved ones, give me the shytes.

You've kicked a goal for your team, celebrate with your team mates and your supporters.
Agree, what ever happened to this..

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I'm with BJ on this one, weird as it may seem.

BJ is a person of strong character, honest and trustworthy.

Well, that is what I imagine him to be as a person.....just the impression I get from his on field actions.

Good on you BJ - can't knock a bloke for wearing his heart on his sleeve can you???

Duggie1
Club Player

I am not upset by it. BJ is emtional by nature. :lol:

Always a Saint
Winmarvellous
Club Player

You've kicked a goal for your team, celebrate with your team mates and your supporters
Wouldn't his brother fit into the supporter category?

Shaggy
Club Player

Family is of course the most important.

But BJ may have started something.

Time for the Saints to celebrate with a Saints celebration when we kick a goal ... no other club has a goal celebration synonomous with the club.

The pat on the heart works for me as a supporter.

awesome_days
Club Player

I thought he was trying to stop Kosi smacking him in the face with an attempted hi5.

Seriously - he can celebrate however he likes, the gesture is not rude or offensive in isolation.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

awesome_days wrote:I thought he was trying to stop Kosi smacking him in the face with an attempted hi5.

Seriously - he can celebrate however he likes, the gesture is not rude or offensive in isolation.
if i was bj...i'd be making some other gesture to those precious enough to question his motives ffs.........

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

eppo67 wrote:Saintsational man I have been a cop for 20+ years you fu*king twit putting up with the damage that drugs do on a daily basis.

Tell me all about your experience with the damage drugs do to families and society.

If Goddard wants it to be such a private family matter why didn't he take some private photos of himself after the game doing his handcuff symbol and send it to him in jail or better still give it to him next time he visits him in jail you peanut.

And yes Solar I do know a bit about the case.
Struck a nerve did I?.....good then....

Do you honestly think telling me that you've been a cop for 2 decades plus, makes any difference to the argument?

We all know the damage that drugs do, we are all aware of it and I'm not about to divulge the personal details about what I've seen.

But.....to say BJ had no right to do what he did, is just your opinion and nothing more. Regardless of whether or not you're a cop, it doesn't change the fact it's just an opinion.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

stinger wrote:
awesome_days wrote:I thought he was trying to stop Kosi smacking him in the face with an attempted hi5.

if i was bj...i'd be making some other gesture to those precious enough to question his motives ffs.........
But.....Why would BJ want to do that to such perfect people?

I mean.....these people have never known and/or associated with anyone, but perfect people their entire lives.

It would seem unfair if Bj was to respond in such a disrespectful manner.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bj has tapped his heart before in a gesture that he now says was to his brother...which i kinda though might have been the case...no-one blew a fuse...the earth didn't end.......this time, it was a bit more obvious .....some object ..others don't...personally..i don't think it is any of our business..i'm sure sports persons...do the same every day of the week in some shape or form...especially when they have tv cameras on them.......yeah...blood is thicker than water...and imhfo bj does not have to apologise to wankers in the press. or in victims groups......the state got it's revenge when they jailed the miserable sod..we don't have to cause him further misery by jumping on his brother for something he asked him to do......

fingers
Saintsational Legend

If we stuck our noses into footballers personal lives a little less maybe we wouldn't even know what the gesture was for. I am sure he is not supporting the crime just some support to his brother.

Doesn't change how bad drugs are and bad drug trafficers are but seriously I think we can all move on.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:I am sure he is not supporting the crime just some support to his brother.
good point. that is a distinction that is lost on the do-gooders.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Thought we still lived in a democracy. Whilst I abhor drugs, drug traffickers etc. I can at least understand that he is giving some support to his brother, not the actual crime he has been imprisoned for. Perhaps this ongoing support from BJ will be enough for him to turn his life around when he is released.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:Perhaps this ongoing support from BJ will be enough for him to turn his life around when he is released.
yeah, unless he is just a bad egg you'd reckon that 10 years in the slammer would be enough to persuade him of the error of his ways.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

The blow joe bro might be the official story for now, but I heard a very strong rumour from a highly credible source that Goddard's crossing of the arms, in the knowledge that the current board and the new CEO Michael Nettlefold would be watching, was done as a form of protest against the Belvedere Park, Seaford location for a new training facility and this stuff about some half bro is nothing more than a smokescreen!!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

Agree 100%

let those without sin caste the first stone

FAIR DINKUM

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm disappointed it was gesture to his brother and one of solidarity (however unintended) to crims in general who've been incarcerated or under cuffs.

I'm unfazed either way cos he plays for us, but I'm wondering what others who excuse it would make of it if it was a player from any other team.

I was sort of hoping it was a powerful Saints gesture to the cross of our coat of arms. I wish BJ could have pulled that out in defence....

Guess we cant use it now...

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Tim Cahill did the same after scoring a goal for Everton a few months ago. His brother is doing a jail sentence for aggravated assault after he left another bloke almost blind.

Timmy has come out and said his brother deserved the punishment he has got, and doesnt condone the crime, but he still loves his brother.

Having spoken to BJ and read alot about his character, im sure he shares those same sentiments.

Id like to know whats wrong with that?