Luke's take on the first games

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Luke's take on the first games

http://lukeball.bigblog.com.au/index.do
Speaking of round one our victory over the Sydney Swans may not have been pretty to watch but it was one game I will always remember.

The round one encounter is the most physical footy game I have ever played in my life! I came out of that game very, very sore and was not the only one, we all knew we had been in a battle.

Whilst I think there is a trend for fans to love the high scoring battles where there is some good looking football played, I also think there is definitely a place in the game for old school matches where the bodies are flying in everywhere and toughness wins out.
another horse to watch for those with an eye for a bet
Off the field I have been watching my filly Jeune de Coeur go round and after getting its first city win at Moonee Valley on March 20,

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

The fact that a few of the boys pulled up very very sore after the Swans game makes the Adelaide victory look even better :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I love the fact that a leader of our club thinks that there is a place for toughness. Can't wait to watch em play again.

Milne
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:I love the fact that a leader of our club thinks that there is a place for toughness.
Definitely a good sign, as our lack of toughness over the past few seasons cost us any chance at winning a premiership.

BelfastSaint
Club Player

Our tackling was talked about on TFS last night. Luke was asked if we had specifically worked on it in the pre season.
He said they hadnt put any more emphasis on tackling than they always do and put down the current tackling efficiancy to "mental belief"....
This I thought was a very telling comment given that we are always told that success as a footballer and a team is largely between the ears, ie mental ..
If the Saints are starting to gain mental belief in themselves and their ability then this could be the one thing that could be the big difference in getting us to where we most want to be ...