Stan Alves on the radio

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
stinger wrote:
if you were there you would never forget the hurt....but a flag would sure go some way to easing the pain.... :wink: :lol:
agree with Stinger on this one. Were you there SP?
no i was not...but what does that have to do with it???

i still watched the same game...saw that we lost....im not sure that being at the game would change my opinion

we lost a grand final granted...it isnt good and wasn't...

however this is one sore point that people continue to bring up i.e running on the field against the power in 04...non-robert harvey bashing...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
SuperSaint
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
stinger wrote:
if you were there you would never forget the hurt....but a flag would sure go some way to easing the pain.... :wink: :lol:
agree with Stinger on this one. Were you there SP?
I also agree with you Stinger and find SP's comments a little extreme to say the least.

A further comment from me on how such a loss affects supporters.....I took public transport to the MCG that day and on the way home we sat next to a frail elderly lady (well into her 80's) on the train, who wept for most of time she chatted to me saying that she "wasn't going to see another Saints Premiership in her lifetime". Even though I was hurting too, I tried to make her "cheer up" by saying that we would make up for it in 98 and to get her to talk about our 1966 win, as I was too young to remember our only premiership. What I'm trying to say is, that was 12 years ago and there is every likelihood that sweet elderly lady from Chelsea is no longer with us anymore. I often think about our conversation and the incredible hurt she openly displayed. She had lost her husband a couple of years earlier and I gathered the club helped her cope with that. So, comments like that from Saints Premiers 2008 are a bit uncalled for. It was a painful loss for most supporters that were there and it doesn't just "go away" and is not an example of a "loser-ish negative psyche".

markp
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:the constant whinging about the 97 is another example of st kilda fans and their loser-ish negative psyche....
You'd be a great motivational speaker champ... seeing as you know all about winning.

TheOptimist
Club Player

1997 was 12 years ago. If anyone still harbours sad feelings, then they should get some therapy. Pronto.

... Oh how I want to be with St Kilda!
TheOptimist
Club Player

stinger wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:the constant whinging about the 97 is another example of st kilda fans and their loser-ish negative psyche....
I was there, but I've moved on since.

... Oh how I want to be with St Kilda!
SuperSaint
Club Player

TheOptimist wrote:1997 was 12 years ago. If anyone still harbours sad feelings, then they should get some therapy. Pronto.
So, sad feelings requires therapy? There are also many players that were part of losing GF Teams that still harbour "sad feelings", does that mean they too need therapy "pronto"? (as you so eloquently put it).

Interesting thought process from you. Obviously you must be a more "superior" being than most and so strong comments by a new member who happened to join the forum today. :)