Changes for Round 4 v Freo (mostly due to suspension)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

Changes for Round 4 v Freo (mostly due to suspension)

Should only make forced changes for this one.

McEvoy should be in for King or Kosi if suspended. If both are out bring in Lynch or even a midfielder in X Clarke/Armitage.

If Dal gets rubbed out then X Clarke comes straight in.

Any other ideas? Shouldn't be tinkering with a winning lineup.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

the only one that imo 'could' go will be koz.
but i saw it again today and really there isnt much in it

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

If we only lose one player Id bring in X no matter who it is..Kosi can pinch hit for King and Gardy/BJ can go fwd to cover for Kosi. If Dal goes no question bring in X.

Should be lose two then yes I'd give Mac a run as well :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintly_safes
Club Player

From what ive seen & this is imo only I think King & Dal will be OK , doesnt seem to be much evidence to prove otherwise (although it is St.Kilda) but Kosi will go for at least a week.There wasnt much in that either & even though I'm a big Kosi supporter it was a really stupid thing to do. Just when he's up & firing he goes & does a silly meaningless act that is going to cost not only Kosi but the team as a whole . :

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Hope we dont put in Ben for Kosi if he is suspended as I think that will make us to top heavy as Ben doesnt have Kosi's mobility. I would think X should come in and we may be able to leave BJ up forward for a bit longer than last week but still not the whole game.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Hope we dont put in Ben for Kosi if he is suspended as I think that will make us to top heavy as Ben doesnt have Kosi's mobility. I would think X should come in and we may be able to leave BJ up forward for a bit longer than last week but still not the whole game.
I agree that some seem to be rushing McEvoy into the team for any tall. McEvoy seems to be - as you say - more of the traditional ruckman as opposed to a mobile big forward. If King is OK to play we really cant fit in King Gardiner and McEvoy in the team.

If King is out he may be an option. If Kosi is out I would suggest a better big man forward would be Goose - however as you say mabye X into the team and bj up forward.

Still looks balanced and still have that flexibility to have bj rotate through the midfield if required.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I think the only charge that will stick is the wrestling charge against Dal, which should be a fine only.

On viewing the replay of the Kosi incident a number of times I reckon that
a) it would be difficult to classify it as a 'strike'
b) even if they found someway to classify the action as a 'strike' there was 'insufficient force' to make it a reportable offence.

The King report seemed to be a 'mistake' and I would expect teh MRP to throw it out upon reviewing it.

I cannot comment on the Dal 'strike' as I haven't seen vision of it, but from comments in other threads it would appear that the reporting umpire may have not seen the incident correctly and therefore he should be able to get out of it (providsing we've learned the required lessons from Baker!)

One last thing. I reckon Kerr might be in trouble for his last quarter 'charge' into Joey.

So therefore I don't believe there will be any forced changes in our team due to suspensions.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:...So therefore I don't believe there will be any forced changes in our team due to suspensions.
I agree (Nick Dal Santo is in the most trouble simply because there does NOT appear to be video, but rubbing him out would be like killing Bambi). If there are no forced changes and no injuries then it should be NO CHANGE!

vacuous space
SS Life Member

After the kind of game Sandy had, I don't think there's any shortage of players putting their hand up for selection should one of our players be suspended. We have a lot of flexibility in our side, so we could move around our players to bring in just about anyone we liked. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see any of Begley, Clarke, Eddy, Lynch or McEvoy if we cop suspensions.

Freo will be a little nervous about McPharlin after his collision with Scott Stevens yesterday. He was very late coming in and didn't seem to have his eyes on the ball. Stevens ended up being carted off the field and didn't return. That would be a huge loss for them, particularly if Kosi gets off.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Mr Magic wrote:I think the only charge that will stick is the wrestling charge against Dal, which should be a fine only.

On viewing the replay of the Kosi incident a number of times I reckon that
a) it would be difficult to classify it as a 'strike'
b) even if they found someway to classify the action as a 'strike' there was 'insufficient force' to make it a reportable offence.

The King report seemed to be a 'mistake' and I would expect teh MRP to throw it out upon reviewing it.
I agree. I wouldn't Kosi's incident is sufficient to constitute a strike. King's should be withdrawn so both should be fine. Haven't seen the Dal Santo incident.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

If no one rubbed out, only one change, Xavier for Schneider. that is if Max is not ready.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

borderbarry wrote:Xavier for Schneider.
I doubt it. Schneider's a better forward than Xavier is. He played his role against WC even if he didn't rack up the touches or kick a bunch of goals. If X is coming in, it'll be for one of the mids or backs. I would think that will be where he will play.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

won't happen, but as a hypothetical, if all three were rubbed out, here's what i'd do.

mcevoy for king. obviously big ben doesn't have kingy's mature and hard body yet, but reportedly he's playing good football for sandy.

goose for kosi. though he might not kick four as kosi has the past two weeks, goose ... who reportedly was dominant at chb for sandy ... would provide a similar aerial/physical presence. lynch would be a possibility but is probably still a bit green, imo.

x for dal santo. unlikely to dominate as dal has this season, but having said that he's reportedly been close to BOG three weeks running for sandy.

when you win by nearly 100 points you're obviously doing something right structure-wise and that's my stab at maintaining the structure.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Has'nt Xavier been the actual BOG the last 3 weeks?

JABBER
Club Player

changes for round 4 against freo

Has kosi got carry over points if so he is in trouble I dont think king or Dal should get rubbed out
How did Begley go for Sandy if he played good i think he will come in for Kosi im not sure about X I think he a good player but give him time to get fully fit

trevor barker
Solar
Saintsational Legend

If both big boys go, bring in big mac and max

if kosi goes bring in max and send gilbert forward with BJ. Would make a nice flexible forward line.

if dal goes x comes in

if all three get off then it's no change

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:If both big boys go, bring in big mac and max

if kosi goes bring in max and send gilbert forward with BJ. Would make a nice flexible forward line.

if dal goes x comes in. if all three get off then it's no change
not bad. it gets hard when you can't fit them all in, doesn't it.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Solar wrote:If both big boys go, bring in big mac and max

if dal goes x comes in. if all three get off then it's no change
not bad. it gets hard when you can't fit them all in, doesn't it.
I sat there and thought about it at three quarter time on saturday and could not find one player not pulling his weight or having a down day. Closest was zac being beaten and mini being quiet. Jimmy is not a smart footballer but has the body to play AFL. Loving geary's work down forward, taller and more skillful cersion of eddy :)

I want the clarkes and max in there but hell the boys in the team currently are not making it easy

and to think, it's only one/two changes since round 1. Everyone remember the calls for rossy's head for selecting an average side :O

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

No change. Gwilt saved his arse on Saturday and Geary has put in two good games in a row. No one will be dropped from a side that wins like that.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Begley was ordinary for Sandy yesterday.

McEvoy was very good, but I can't see him being rushed in against Freo.

Lynch was very good, but a big difference between VFL and AFL.

X was great and would be the only change I can see and then only if someone is injured or suspended.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Sainterone
Club Player

No change to a side that can win by almost 100 points

GO SAINTS

NICK RIEWOLDT - 444 GOALS FROM 200 MATCHES
STEPHEN MILNE - 440 GOALS FROM 216 MATCHES
vacuous space
SS Life Member

...unless Max is ready to go.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:...unless Max is ready to go.
Still think he has about 4 weeks before he is fit.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

0 changes. Not against Freo. Leave Max for at least another week and let him get fit. No other changes needed, Clarkes included. Let them break down in the 2s if need be.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Injury list as of Monday April 13th, 2009:

Jarryd Allen - Torn hip muscle, indefinite
Raphael Clarke - Hamstring, 1 week
Sean Dempster - ACL, indefinite
Max Hudghton - Calf, 1 week
Jack Steven - Ankle, available

he's getting closer -
http://www.saints.com.au/injuries/tabid ... fault.aspx

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107