Match Review Panel...Round 3 Results / Findings

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_4_life
Club Player

Had to laugh at this one -

Steve Johnson, Geelong Cats, has been charged with a First Offence for pinching Harry O’Brien, Collingwood, during the first quarter of the Round Three match between Geelong Cats and Collingwood, played at the MCG on Thursday April 9, 2009.

In summary, he can accept a $900 sanction with an early plea.

A first offence for pinching is a $1200 sanction. Anmmy early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a $900 sanction.

"Mummy he pinched me" :lol:

stkfc1
Club Player

sainter35 wrote:Only disappointing thing was that Peter Burgoyne got a week which means he'll be back for our game with them. And Cassisi only got a week too which is a shame.
Peter Burgoyne, Port Adelaide, has been charged with a Level Two kneeing offence against Aaron Davey, Melbourne, during the second quarter of the Round Three match between Port Adelaide and Melbourne, played at AAMI Stadium on Sunday April 12, 2009.

In summary, his carry-over points from within the last 12 months means that his two-game sanction cannot be reduced, even with an early plea.

Won't be playing us.The pieces keep falling into place! :twisted:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Kosi + King + Dal Santo > McPharlin

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
VietNam_Saint
Club Player

You bloody ripper !!!!

Go you good thing !

Carn 'n' Saints

In the words of big Kev ,,,

I'M EXCITED !!!!!!!!!

(or was it ,,, "ahhhhhhhh, me chest ,,ahhhhh)

What will be next from this club ?
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Bloody good news, wrapped for Kosi and Dal. Steven King is very stiff but at least he'll be playing against the Giant.

Apologies for jumping at shadows in previous threads re Kosi but more than happy to jump at shadows especially when the MRP turns the light on and there's nothing there. :lol:

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:Bloody good news, wrapped for Kosi and Dal. Steven King is very stiff but at least he'll be playing against the Giant.

Apologies for jumping at shadows in previous threads re Kosi but more than happy to jump at shadows especially when the MRP turns the light on and there's nothing there. :lol:
in your defense and mine :wink:

MRP did not clear the action

but deemed the force below that required to ban............

very lucky

saint4life
benengel14
Club Player

<edit beaten by a few seconds>
Last edited by benengel14 on Mon 13 Apr 2009 8:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

|Andy|
Club Player

yayyyy!!

Solar
Saintsational Legend

very good decisions going our way,

in fact the way the tribunal was acted must be against the charter of the AFL, they were prompt, sensible and gave very good reasons in each case.....

WOW

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Schillaci
Club Player

Very good news.
Was worried about Kosi but all smiles now.
The stars are aligning.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:very good decisions going our way,

in fact the way the tribunal was acted must be against the charter of the AFL, they were prompt, sensible and gave very good reasons in each case.....

WOW
The way they usually are. Not all the time but mostly. Lets hope when we do lose someone they remember how we won out this time.

TassieJones
Club Player

Stoked with the decisions, all were spot on. About time the MRP stopped dishing out soft decisions.

Not too fussed about Peter Burgoyne, I mean sure he gets a heap of uncontested ball but does nothing with it. In the same league as Priddis and Carrazzo.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

TassieJones wrote:Stoked with the decisions, all were spot on. About time the MRP stopped dishing out soft decisions.

Not too fussed about Peter Burgoyne, I mean sure he gets a heap of uncontested ball but does nothing with it. In the same league as Priddis and Carrazzo.
He is 5 times the player of those 2 and does very well against us. Glad he is gone.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

TassieJones wrote:Stoked with the decisions, all were spot on. About time the MRP stopped dishing out soft decisions.

those two are not even close to burgoyne

the guy is skilled, fast and can break lines, has killed us in the past....

prsonally I feel this will be the best chance we will have to beat the power over there. They are imploding internally, the coach doesn't want the captain, the captain is getting suspended.....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintm
Club Player

Sainter_4_life wrote:Had to laugh at this one -

Steve Johnson, Geelong Cats, has been charged with a First Offence for pinching Harry O’Brien, Collingwood, during the first quarter of the Round Three match between Geelong Cats and Collingwood, played at the MCG on Thursday April 9, 2009.

In summary, he can accept a $900 sanction with an early plea.

A first offence for pinching is a $1200 sanction. Anmmy early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a $900 sanction.

"Mummy he pinched me" :lol:
If this is the incident they showed on The Fifth Quarter on Saturday night then I'm not sure how you would classify it as a pinch. Johnson had his fingers in O'Brien's mouth, trying to stretch his cheek back.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re King - is "reckless" a fair call?

I haven't seen video of the incident, so can't comment.

ie. is there any merit in contesting the charge for a downgrade to "negligent"?

If that seems dubious, he will obviously take the early plea, otherwise, a "negligent" charge would bring it down another 25 points or so.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i told ya's
all would be fine to play (except koz which MIGHT have got looked at)

and even better, p bougoyne not avl for rd 5 and i just traded him for gilbs in supercoach :)
and now im deff trading hooper for koz.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Great news, but I saw the Burgoyne incident, in all honesty, the guy should have got 4 for that.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Is King worth taking the week so he has no carryover points which could come back to bite come finals time?

Saintersss
Club Player

Otiman wrote:Is King worth taking the week so he has no carryover points which could come back to bite come finals time?
His good record gets him below 100. So he can't get suspended one week even if he doesn't go for the early guilty plea. The early guilty plea reduces even further to 70.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

I'd say contest the King incident regardless. Nothing in it, and he should wlk without ANY extra pts. Kosi was VERY lucky. As were we. YOU BEAUTY!!! McPharlin got off too. Burgoyne not so lucky...yet.

stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

Iwould have to say that lady luck maybe shining our way.
Hold on to your hats as we are in for the ride of our life.

benoc
Club Player

woop woop woop....

Ahem, very happy to hear. Also keeps NDS in Brownlow running for which he may become a strong chance.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

I was surprised that Dal and Kerr's charges got dropped. Can't wreck a Brownlow contender's chances so early in the year - nice call MRP!

Happy that Kerr got fined though - dirty b*stard. He should have been pinged for that charge on Joey, but then Kosi might have too - I'll take the trade.

Don't know if King will win contesting the charge - it certainly was reckless. He only cops another 25 points though, so what the heck...

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Steven King, St Kilda, has been charged with a Level Two striking offence against Ashley Hansen, West Coast, during the fourth quarter of the Round Three match between St Kilda and West Coast, played at Docklands on Saturday April 11, 2009.

In summary, his five-year good record means he can accept a reprimand and 70.31 points towards his future record.

The incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of five activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level Two offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has an existing five-year good record, which reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a reprimand and 93.75 points towards his future record. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a reprimand and 70.31 points towards his future record.

ALL CLEARED UP
if he wanted to he could take it to the tribunal and it would still only be a reprimand.