could Freo be a danger game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

JABBER
Club Player

could Freo be a danger game

i think we should smash Freo on paper but what would happen if Freo come to play it might be close

trevor barker
markp
Saintsational Legend

We need to treat it like one... this is the sort of game we may have once dropped. No more.

saintDal
Club Player

I thought the eagles would be a danger game and look how that turned out.

If we put in the same effort we have the last 3 games then there is no reason why we shouldn't win. I don't think the team has gotten ahead of themselves. Joey mentioned that they talked after the game about this as a group. I think we will have the right attitude coming into this game.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

they are all danger games. any drop in intensity will be pounced on in what is a very even competition.

we have big tests to come in adelaide in a couple of weeks and then the bulldogs. we can't afford to drop this one.

GrumpyOne

bigcarl wrote:they are all danger games. any drop in intensity will be pounced on in what is a very even competition.

we have big tests to come in adelaide in a couple of weeks and then the bulldogs. we can't afford to drop this one.
Spot on Big Carl.

Undoubtedly we will drop a couple on the road to the end of the season, we just have to make sure losing doesn't become a habit again.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

It most certainly is and it has happened before (ala, Eagles game last year) but I believe the playing group has not only learned from their past mistakes but has matured to the stage of not taking anything for granted. Complacency is also something Ross Lyon never stands for.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

Freo are a basket case, completely dysfunctional.

If you ask any logical tipster it will be Saints easily.

The danger game is Port at AAMI, we have a shocking record against them and they always seem to bully us out of the game

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

I actually had a dream yesterday that we were down 143-141 with a minute and a half left on the clock!

It could be a danger game - as bigcarl said, any game is potentially a danger game. We need to maintain the same levels of intensity and pressure, and try and kill off the game as early as possible.

The Saints are coming!
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:Freo are a basket case, completely dysfunctional.

The danger game is Port at AAMI, we have a shocking record against them and they always seem to bully us out of the game
can't wait for that port game...never thought i would say that because they have been our bogey side for years but this year it will be a real benchmark game for our season...

#1 Ryder fan
fingers
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:they are all danger games. any drop in intensity will be pounced on in what is a very even competition.

+1

You are spot on. I don't want to go into any game thinking we have it in the bag - see Carlton v Essendon. Before the game at a coterie event Blues player Jamieson was being interviewed. At the end of the interview he was asked about the result, his quote, "easy 60 points" - if that was the mindset at that point Carlton were going to lose.

I never want us to do that. NEVER

We must treat EVERY game as a hard ass struggle that can only be one if we bring our best and our hihgest intensity.

THEY ARE ALL DANGER GAMES.

Plan accordingly.

Marcus1232
Club Player

I think anything less than a 9 goal win would be a dissapointment for the saints this weekend we have a pretty tough few weeks coming up after freo though

PA away
WB TD
Coll TD

there is no reason why we shouldnt beat all 3

saintly
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:Freo are a basket case, completely dysfunctional.

can't wait for that port game...never thought i would say that because they have been our bogey side for years but this year it will be a real benchmark game for our season...
spot on with that.

port over there is very difficult. they have beaton us time and again. that will be one benchmark. then we may see whether the saints are any good or they just beat up the lowly sides.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I hope we destroy Freo this weekend. I hope we a furious in our attack on the ball and we snuffle every little bit of life they have left in them.

And then I hope we do the same thing the week after, the week after that, and the week after that...

In other words I want the only losses we have these year to be unlucky, decided by a poor umpiring decision, or of a type when the our effort can't be questioned and the result was in the balance right on full time.

But the scalp I want the most in coming weeks is the Bulldogs.

I want to squash that front-running swarm of fleet-footed dwarves. I've hated how we've played them recently. We've been really lifeless against them and that was after a period when we really used to outmuscle/outskill/outrun/out-tall them. And Eade's smugness really rankles. And Gia kinda sucks. So too Minson and that stupid beard on Rock Hudson. And Aker. And Johnno and his ridiculous grin. And 'Brownlow' Cooney who SO isn't a pimple on GAJ's butt. And Griffen and his ridiculously too close together eyes.

I could go on.

I just want their head on a stick.

Marcus1232
Club Player

Thinline wrote:. And Griffen and his ridiculously too close together eyes.
I would have griffin at St.kilda in a heartbeat

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Me too. :lol:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Marcus1232 wrote:I think anything less than a 9 goal win would be a dissapointment for the saints this weekend we have a pretty tough few weeks coming up after freo though
Sorry but have to completely disagree with this. A loss would be dissapointing - a draw would be dissapointing - but any win from 1 point up is very satisfying and more importantly four competition points.

Less than a 9 goal win is dissapointing???

Fair Dinkum :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
fingers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Marcus1232 wrote:I think anything less than a 9 goal win would be a dissapointment for the saints this weekend we have a pretty tough few weeks coming up after freo though
Sorry but have to completely disagree with this. A loss would be dissapointing - a draw would be dissapointing - but any win from 1 point up is very satisfying and more importantly four competition points.

Less than a 9 goal win is dissapointing???

Fair Dinkum :roll:
I have to agree with you Joffa you reserved seat stealing number man.

StSteven
Club Player

No need to worry about this one. There are not many games I am worried about. They are looking the "real deal" and no doubt the worrying is for other teams this year.

How good is this......

Marcus1232
Club Player

I will take a win any day of the week.

But I will be disappointed a little if we don't put them to the sword and smash them they are a rabble.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:No need to worry about this one. There are not many games I am worried about. They are looking the "real deal" and no doubt the worrying is for other teams this year.

How good is this......
In years gone by it would be easy to shoot down a comment like this as the rant of deluded madman, but this year, given the work rate and ethic has been so extraordinarily good, I too am looking forward to tackling the big guns head on. In the past I have been hesitant to praise.

Still, Freo first, then Port, then WB's, then Pies...etc etc...

SaintDebi
Club Player

I agree with bigcarl. Every game is a danger game if we don't go into it with the right attitude and preparation. We are doing great at the moment, and there's no reason that shouldn't continue, as long as we don't become complacent.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:IBut the scalp I want the most in coming weeks is the Bulldogs.

I want to squash that front-running swarm of fleet-footed dwarves. I've hated how we've played them recently. We've been really lifeless against them and that was after a period when we really used to outmuscle/outskill/outrun/out-tall them. And Eade's smugness really rankles. And Gia kinda sucks. So too Minson and that stupid beard on Rock Hudson. And Aker. And Johnno and his ridiculous grin. And 'Brownlow' Cooney who SO isn't a pimple on GAJ's butt. And Griffen and his ridiculously too close together eyes.

I could go on.

I just want their head on a stick.

lol :lol: so you don't like them?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Don't like anyone other than St Kilda really... Didn't mind the Dogs in 'Year of the Dog', Terry Wallace, Danny Southern etc era...Their thuggery was almost hypnotic back then...but now, under that TURNIP Eade, they do little other than aggravate me...

And there's the ever present fear that the Dogs may pinch a second flag before we do...a thought that regularly sickens me...

saintly
Saintsational Legend

any game is a danger game if the the saints don't 'come to play'.

just look at last year when the saints were expected to win against West Coast over there.

Foz
Club Player

Saints just need to apply the pressure that everyone incl. Neil Craig and Worsfold are talking about.

Its not like Freo can sustain the fury that is...they can't rely on a strong enduring culture, quality form, quality players with heart or there strong record at Jihad. None of those factors apply.

Its all up to us....and thats the way it should be.