Reminder: Luke Ball on one week at a time

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Reminder: Luke Ball on one week at a time

Tonight 7:30 One HD

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

It will be interesting to see what he has to say

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Saints94
SS Life Member

I don't farking get it on Sothern Cross Ten................ it will be available in early July :x

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

reports please- ONE hd; have yet to work out video upload,

Unlike Game Day which has Ross's interview up already
http://cosmosweb11.bcst.sp1.yahoo.com/u ... 34&lang=en

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl/
AFL Game Day - Ross Lyon
Mon 27 Apr

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

Thanks for the reminder!! I had forgotten! I can probably give a bit of a rundown whilst i'm watching the interview!

Go saints in '09!
Loyal
Club Player

Re: Reminder: Luke Ball on one week at a time

clarky449 wrote:Tonight 7:30 One HD
thanks for the heads-up clarky you're a star!

vacuous space
SS Life Member

I'll put up what I remember.

Ball praised the contribution so far of some of our younger players. If he mentioned specific names, then I missed it, but I think we can all guess who they are. He mentioned that it makes a good selection 'problem' for the club as guys like the Clarkes, Maguire etc try and force their way back into the side. Walls asked him about Maguire, who apparently Walls rates, and Ball said he's been playing for a while now and strung a few solid games together. I don't think he was asked about any of our other injured players.

Walls asked about the contribution of Gardiner and King. Ball said that Gardiner is a very proud individual and really wanted to repay the faith showed in him by the club. Ball didn't really jump at the chance to praise their tapwork, although he probably didn't want to throw some of his current and ex-teammates under a bus. He said it was unfortunate that King has sustained an injury as he was just starting to find some form.

Regarding the Cousins situation, Ball said the players, specifically the leadership group, were consulted, but the ultimate decision was in the hands of the higher ups. He said that he wasn't privy to the reasons why we opted not to go with Cuz. Following the decision to go a different direction, RL put the challenge to the leaders, specifically guys around Ball's age to step up another level.

Ball was asked about his history of injuries, specifically concussions and his groin. He said his body was feeling as good now as it has in a while. The concussions became a concern to his family, particularly after the bad one. His mother was particularly worried after that one (I believe against Melbourne) because of the swelling on his brain. Ball said his groin is an ongoing management issue and always will be, but it's feeling a lot better now than it has been. Injuries are always going to happen though because of the pace and ferocity of the game.

Quartermain mentioned Walls' role in hiring Lyon. Walls said that Lyon was picked because of his intelligence and experience. Mentioned that Lyon had coached Carlton's seconds side in his own right while there. He said that was really important when looking for a senior coach. They didn't want to just hire a line assistant. For some reason, he didn't mention that Lyon was his best buddy and wanted to give him the job for that reason alone. He also neglected to say that Ross' gameplan was a carbon copy of Sydney, but you could tell he was thinking it.

Quarters thinks if the GF were played today that we'd play Geelong - but it's only early days. Insightful stuff Quarters!

Finally, and somewhat irrelevantly, Richo asked Ball about Lyon's feminine manner of walking when being interviewed by Tim Watson. Luke seemed amused by it and mentioned that RL had been a tough, uncompromising player on the field. Richo claimed he had nothing to do with the question and that it was fed to him.

There were other things, but I've forgotten them.

BTW - the Dal interview from OTC should be up on the Fox website for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

we play stuff all like sydney.....i cant believe anyone would still think that way... :shock:

“Yeah….nah””
saintly
Saintsational Legend

does anyone know how to tape from a digital set top box to the vcr? tried to tape the show and and couldn't figure out how to do it.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
BTW - the Dal interview from OTC should be up on the Fox website for anyone who hasn't seen it.
thanks for report Vacuous space

you would think the interview with Dal would be interesting
but not as interesting as Mike and Hirdy talking about Terry :roll:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/video/0 ... 00,00.html

or they have limited upload space and can only select one piece of vision :shock:

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
StSteven
Club Player

It was Channel 10 (1HD). Will it be on Fox?

saintly
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:It was Channel 10 (1HD). Will it be on Fox?
no.

Saints43
Club Player

vacuous space wrote:RL put the challenge to the leaders, specifically guys around Ball's age to step up another level.
To me the form of Joey is clearest sign that RL has exerted significant influence over the players. Joey has always been a good player but he is becoming the game-breaker that I had stopped believing he would become. The physicality that he endures from taggers while still getting into damaging positions shows that he has mentally moved on to a different plane to previous years.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote: For some reason, he didn't mention that Lyon was his best buddy and wanted to give him the job for that reason alone. He also neglected to say that Ross' gameplan was a carbon copy of Sydney, but you could tell he was thinking it.
Huh? Best mates carbon copy of Sydney... Comeon have you seen a saints game lately?

Beej
Saintsational Legend

To be fair, I think the foundations that were laid are very Sydney-esque, however we have a lot more attacking flair than they ever did simply due to our list which is why we're a lot more pleasing to watch now than they ever were. Goodes aside, Sydney's midfield was very workmanlike.

In saying that, Sydney at their best could turn it on themselves when they were in the mood.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:To be fair, I think the foundations that were laid are very Sydney-esque, however we have a lot more attacking flair than they ever did simply due to our list which is why we're a lot more pleasing to watch now than they ever were. Goodes aside, Sydney's midfield was very workmanlike.

In saying that, Sydney at their best could turn it on themselves when they were in the mood.
Exactly...yes Lyon brought elements of what the Swans were doing.
But a Carbon Copy? No, not at all.

Also on Walls...agin he was only one of a number of people on the selection panel.

To claim that walls wanted to "give" the job to his best buddy is unfair on both Lyon and on Walls.

However given that the previous coach gained the job in that way I can understand that some people might believe that it occuured that way again. "Once bitten, twice shy...."

However IMO Ross Smith who was on the panel has too much integrity to just be a "rubber stamp" for Robert Walls.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
that Lyon was his best buddy and wanted to give him the job for that reason alone. .
Out of interest..what information do you have that Lyon and Walls are "best-buddies"? Normally your posts seem to be based on good facts...so what are the facts on this?

I was aware that pre-appointment that SOS and Lyon were "best-buddies".

But I do not recall hearing or seeing anything that indicated that Walls and Lyon were best buddies apart from claims by a number of posters on this site.

Perhaps you could post up a few links....or actual quotes etc...on this best-buddy relationship.

I am aware that they have had a past working relationship, and no doubt via that had some social contact....but are Walls and Lyon best buddies????

Thanks.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
vacuous space wrote:
that Lyon was his best buddy and wanted to give him the job for that reason alone. .
Out of interest..what information do you have that Lyon and Walls are "best-buddies"? Normally your posts seem to be based on good facts...so what are the facts on this?

I was aware that pre-appointment that SOS and Lyon were "best-buddies".

But I do not recall hearing or seeing anything that indicated that Walls and Lyon were best buddies apart from claims by a number of posters on this site.

Perhaps you could post up a few links....or actual quotes etc...on this best-buddy relationship.

I am aware that they have had a past working relationship, and no doubt via that had some social contact....but are Walls and Lyon best buddies????

Thanks.

walls coached lyon didn't he.....at fitzroy.....not sure about brisbane...don't know about the buddy thing...anyway...it was a f****** good choice ...imho......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
vacuous space
SS Life Member

ausfatcat wrote:
vacuous space wrote: For some reason, he didn't mention that Lyon was his best buddy and wanted to give him the job for that reason alone. He also neglected to say that Ross' gameplan was a carbon copy of Sydney, but you could tell he was thinking it.
Huh? Best mates carbon copy of Sydney... Comeon have you seen a saints game lately?
I thought it was silly enough that people would take it as a joke. I can't really read Robert Walls mind. Even if I could, I don't know that I'd want to. I also don't think Lyon is Wallsy's best buddy. Both of them have said that they have rarely spoken since Lyon was an assistant under Walls. I also watch a lot of football. It doesn't mean I understand a second of what I'm seeing. Even I can tell though that we've never played like Syndey.

It was a long post and, due to my deficient attention span, I got bored. I apologise to anyone who misunderstood my intent.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY