Playing teams into form

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Playing teams into form

Has anyone else noticed this strange occurrence?

Round one we played Sydney, who followed it up with a big win over the reigning premiers

Round 2, we beat Adelaide who then beat Freo

Round 3 is where it gets interesting - we smashed West Coast, who followed up the next week with a great win against the Dogs, playing really hard tackling pressure footy (just like the saints)

Round 4 we beat Freo in a similarly convincing manner... the very next week, they play the Swans and look like a different outfit - they're attacking the ball hard, and tackling very well...

So you could take two things from this...

Are all the coaches going away and saying to the teams - "Saints are the benchmark in pressure football - and this is how you win games!"

Or do we take away from this that next week we should tip Port to beat Adelaide? :P

Anyway, i was recently looking at the fixture and thought it was interestingly ironic... and wondered if i was the only one to notice!?

Raven
Club Player

I've definitely noticed, and it's convinced me to tip Port this week when previously it would have been a tough decision. At least we know the Doggies will win in round 7 ;)

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Playing teams into form

thirty-seven!? wrote:
Anyway, i was recently looking at the fixture and thought it was interestingly ironic... and wondered if i was the only one to notice!?
No

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=51548

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Re: Playing teams into form

kosifantutti23 wrote:
thirty-seven!? wrote:
No

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=51548
Woops... i had a quick check, but i guess i didnt notice that one!... sorry mods (lock)