Official Team - round 22

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

d roit
Club Player

Official Team - round 22

ROUND 22 TEAM:

In - L Ball, R Eddy, J Geary, L Hayes, B McEvoy, J Steven
OUT - D Armitage, J Gwilt, M Gardiner (inj) - a final 22 will be announced on Friday afternoon

from facebook
Last edited by d roit on Thu 27 Aug 2009 7:15pm, edited 2 times in total.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

seriously? wow.

HarveysDeciple

From that I would think McEvoy is a no brainer for Gardiner, Hayes as well for Armo, which means either Ball or Steven (both excellent at sandy last week) for Gwilt.

Geary, Gwilt and either Ball or Steven the emergencies.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The injury to MG is a worry at this time of year. Looks like Hayes, Ball and Big Ben in and that could be it for Armo and gwilt baring injury. As expected they are going with their best side possible because of the time of year.

SaintHomer
Club Player

gardiner a worry
that'd be it for maxy i think. i really hope zac can do the job for us when the pressure is on.
VERY interested to see if ball comes in. i thought armitage might go out, but thought he'd be on the extended bench to start with. very unlucky.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Hasn't been much said about it this week - but does anyone know actually what injury Gardiner sustained and how serious it is? All I know is that he didn't play much in the last 1/4.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Gardiner is a worry, but better to rest this week and get him right for September. I love that Ball is back in the side, it will all work out fine with Luke and the club....I am sure of it.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Amen, owts!

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Whilst Michael Gardiner did mainly lap work yesterday, this was nothing unusual for he and Steven King. I didn't notice anything unusual, or concerned medical staff. Maybe he is having his final rest, having played three in a row!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

SaintHomer wrote:gardiner a worry
that'd be it for maxy i think. i really hope zac can do the job for us when the pressure is on.
VERY interested to see if ball comes in. i thought armitage might go out, but thought he'd be on the extended bench to start with. very unlucky.
Why is that it for Max?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Whilst Michael Gardiner did mainly lap work yesterday, this was nothing unusual for he and Steven King. I didn't notice anything unusual, or concerned medical staff. Maybe he is having his final rest, having played three in a row!
There would be no resting this week. Must have an injury. Lets just hope it is a one weeker.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
Why is that it for Max?
Didnt he do his hamstring so he is going to miss at least another week and that means he may not have played for 4 weeks if we win the first final.

To the top
SS Life Member

The VFL side named takes on some significance to see if Max is listed.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
Why is that it for Max?
Didnt he do his hamstring so he is going to miss at least another week and that means he may not have played for 4 weeks if we win the first final.
Oh but it depends if he did his hamstring, or if it was hamstring awareness....

TassieJones
Club Player

how can you drop armo out of the entire squad! should at least be emergency surely, especially over Eddy.

Hopefully Max is precautionary for injury, not just a non-inclusion.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
Why is that it for Max?
Oh but it depends if he did his hamstring, or if it was hamstring awareness....
I think he was aware he did his hamstring.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:From that I would think McEvoy is a no brainer for Gardiner, Hayes as well for Armo, which means either Ball or Steven (both excellent at sandy last week) for Gwilt.
geary was bog at sandy last week, wasn't he? he's definitely ahead of steven at this point.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Ofcourse Max is still possible to be in our finals team?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

tell ya what, all the droppings and changes in the past few weeks have a distinct whiff of panic about them, is that just me?

sainters man
Club Player

armitage is stiff!

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Gee, Armo is stiff... Don't know what he's done wrong...but how on earth can you get dropped after a 13 tackle performance? Let alone 20 touches as well. Eddy is extremely lucky, hasn't shown much at all this year, and IMO Armitage is way ahead of him.

The Saints are coming!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Ofcourse Max is still possible to be in our finals team?
Did you mean to put that question mark there?

If Carlton get very lucky, Max might get very lucky. If they beat Adelaide this week, it is theoretically possible for us to play them in the GF. My dream result.

Raven
Club Player

According to Facebook, Gards has hamstring soreness.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:The injury to MG is a worry at this time of year. Looks like Hayes, Ball and Big Ben in and that could be it for Armo and gwilt baring injury. As expected they are going with their best side possible because of the time of year.
MG has hamstring soreness, should be right for finals

Moods
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:Gee, Armo is stiff... Don't know what he's done wrong...but how on earth can you get dropped after a 13 tackle performance? Let alone 20 touches as well. Eddy is extremely lucky, hasn't shown much at all this year, and IMO Armitage is way ahead of him.
I agree to an extent about Armo. Once the ball is in his area, he is very good and applies excellent pressure. Was watching him in isolation a bit on the weekend. He just doesn't work hard enough to get to contests. Once he was walking when he should have been at least jogging - the ball spilt out unexpectedly into his area, and he laid an excellent tackle to keep it in. I reckon this is the reason he is linited in the possessions he gets. I reckon Lyon wants blokes who work their arses off all game. Eddy does this - but with not a lot of polish.

I don't reckon either Eddy or Armo will be in the team in the final wash up.