Is Riewoldt gonna go psycho next year?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Quixote
SS Life Member

He is partly German, after all.

Is the Roo gonna go psycho?

Will the HURT of this year - the absolute hurt I know he has, that is 1000 times worse than you and I have felt it - be the making of the next Nick Riewoldt?

Will he absolutely and ruthlessly destroy the competition next year?

And how pissed off has this year made him? Will he start to throw his weight around more, on-field, like I believe a few of us wish him to?

I don't really know what I'm saying, asking or suggesting. I just think that the results of this year, the year of 2009 beneath our good motherfuckinglord, will have done a wild thing to a bloke like Nick Riewoldt.

Look out I would think.

Image[img]
Last edited by Quixote on Tue 03 Nov 2009 3:30am, edited 1 time in total.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Quixote
SS Life Member

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
S.A Saint
Club Player

poor eddy lol..copping a spray :oops:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Dunno about the German bit making much of a difference - are his grandparents German?

His parent's are Aussie born I think?

Anyway, German's are good for regiment and routine, that's for sure, dunno about being meanies though - most German's a pretty normal people.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Not in his personality. He is more likely to show it with his actions, as in how he plays the game.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is Riewoldt gonna go psycho next year?

Quixote wrote:He is partly German, after all.

Is the Roo gonna go psycho?

Will the HURT of this year - the absolute hurt I know he has, that is 1000 times worse than you and I have felt it - be the making of the next Nick Riewoldt?

Will he absolutely and ruthlessly destroy the competition next year?

And how pissed off has this year made him? Will he start to throw his weight around more, on-field, like I believe a few of us wish him to?

I don't really know what I'm saying, asking or suggesting. I just think that the results of this year, the year of 2009 beneath our good motherfuckinglord, will have done a wild thing to a bloke like Nick Riewoldt.

Look out I would think.

Image[img]
Why does Rooey need to start throwing his weight around? No point trying to be something you're not. I for one have never wished that he would do that. Certainly wouldn't call him soft as he's one of the most if not the most courageous player in the comp.

Captains come in all shapes, sizes and personalities. Rooey's a superb captain, and one of the main reasons for this is that I reckon he realises that to be an effective leader you just have to be yourself first and foremost. People realise pretty quickly (especially his team mates) when your actions are contrived.

For mine Rooey couldn't do much more next year. If he keeps playing like he did this year for the rest of his career, and kicks like he did in the finals, then he will marked as one of the greats if not the greatest saints player ever.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

he will if his knee issues get worse.....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yeah it all depends if we can get him @ 100%

Kinda scary that he has been carrying injury.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

i'd expect riewoldt to be his usual brlliant self, but we need more from the guys around him ... particularly in big games. too much kick-it-to-roo in the finals.

mick13
Club Player

I knew when he missed that kick against Essendon that it would hurt. And that it would drive him to do better.

Hell, if we hadda kicked straight we'd all be going 'yeah Im kinda thankful Roo missed that shot' cos he did turn it on in the weeks afterward.

I honestly can't see this guy getting any better. If he manages to...then I'll just sit back and appreciate it...

Quixote
SS Life Member

Guys the German thing was a joke. Think I should use more of these :lol:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:Guys the German thing was a joke. Think I should use more of these :lol:
...and a bit less of the F bomb too eh? :)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
TassieJones
Club Player

Barring injury he will blitz it Carey style. Without motivation (apart from the usual stuff) he's already the most dominant and hard to stop forward in the league, imagine what he'll be like now out for revenge.

I dunno if they take bets on AA CHF, Captain or MVP but I'd get on him for all 3 (not brownlow obviously, could kick a ton from CHF and still poll under 20)