Looking for Help!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Looking for Help!!

At the end of this month it is my Grandmothers 90th Birthday, she has been a saint all her life and still is a paid up Social club member. What I am trying to do is organise to get some personally signed photos from Clint Jones and Stephen Milne as they are her favourite players. I emailled the club to try and get some help with this (clearly willing to pay for this. I'm not looking for any freebies) but they just told me all I can do is go to a training session and do it myself. Then they told me they couldn't confirm when the open training sessions would be. (Gee Thanks for your help) I'm hoping someone has some idea of what i can do. Firstly where I can purchase or Obtain some action shots of these guys and then if anyone knows when training would be, as it is a long trip from Sunbury when you have no car!!
On a side note I understand that the club probably gets loads of requests like this but I am becoming more and more dissapointed with the lack of care they seemed to show.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
saintlee
Club Player

You can buy official photos from the AFL site, they often have good quality shots from training as well as games:

http://www.aflphotos.com.au/galleries/team/st+kilda

Also, Getty Images:

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Searc ... st%20kilda

Hope that helps!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

From memory, the saints shop sometimes has photo's for sale?

Try to remind yourself that a receptionist that answers the phone, is not always reflective of the club. However I agree with you, that it shouldn't be hard to get some passionate saints supporters working in the office that understand these kind of requests.

Good luck, and hope St Grandma has a happy 90th :)

matrix
Saintsational Legend

http://www.aflphotos.com.au/galleries/r ... ogs&page=9

couple on this page too
http://www.aflphotos.com.au/galleries/r ... lda&page=3

actually theres some ripper photos there...

30 bucks a photo for 6inch x 8inch
goes up to 100 bucks for the bigger ones

edit
heres a great one of CJ (bottom left)
http://www.aflphotos.com.au/galleries/r ... orn&page=2

Maxstar22
Club Player

I had a sort of similar experience for my Mum's 60th a few years back.

I couldn't get much info from the club as to how to get things signed etc. So in the end I bailed a few of them up at training and then a few more after a game one day and got them to sign a big bday card that I bought. The boys were lovely and more than happy to sign it. Some even wrote personal little messages to her.

I know there are no games on atm so that is kinda hard, but I have found most players more than happy to sign something if you ask them (nicely of course).

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Maxstar22 wrote:I had a sort of similar experience for my Mum's 60th a few years back.

I couldn't get much info from the club as to how to get things signed etc. So in the end I bailed a few of them up at training and then a few more after a game one day and got them to sign a big bday card that I bought. The boys were lovely and more than happy to sign it. Some even wrote personal little messages to her.

I know there are no games on atm so that is kinda hard, but I have found most players more than happy to sign something if you ask them (nicely of course).
had the same thing a few years back for a 21st birthday

Shame it's so hard to organise this, perhaps ask to be put on to someone further up or email the CEO? This helps push through an issue.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I would definately send a nicely worded email to either Greg Westaway or Michael Nettlefold....making sure you mention its her 90th

Yes the Club would get heaps of these requests, but I think a 90th birthday deserves a little bit of special treatment. Id be really dissapointed if you were still fobbed off with "just get autographs at training"

Hey ...why dont you go to training with a video camera though..and get the guys to do a little birthday greeting for her?? (Id speak to the club first though to get permission)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

If I was in PR, and I heard of a life long supporter celebrating an upcoming 90th birthday, I would see the potential for sure.

Nevermind signed birthday cards or photo's, invite her to training to personally meet Milne and Jones, and then a quiet word to the local paper and media outlets...

"High profile Saints stars find time to embrace life long saints supporter for 90th birthday celebration"

Would make grandma very happy, and also do much to squash any reports that the club is losing touch with the fans.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:If I was in PR, and I heard of a life long supporter celebrating an upcoming 90th birthday, I would see the potential for sure.

Nevermind signed birthday cards or photo's, invite her to training to personally meet Milne and Jones, and then a quiet word to the local paper and media outlets...

"High profile Saints stars find time to embrace life long saints supporter for 90th birthday celebration"

Would make grandma very happy, and also do much to squash any reports that the club is losing touch with the fans.
Excellent point..and hopefully one read by some marketing types at the Club 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Brooksy_Babe_24
Club Player

doubt it the club don't give a s*** about us these days

Brooksy I'll never Forget you

AKA Austinn's_Honey & Troy's_Gal
NEVER EVER BAG YOUR OWN PLAYERS

http://blog.myspace.com/sexc_saz
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Thanks guys for all the suggestions both here and in PMs, yeah it is a bit of a let down from the club but oh well!

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:I would definately send a nicely worded email to either Greg Westaway or Michael Nettlefold....making sure you mention its her 90th
Does anyone know either of their email addresses?

If so could you please PM them to me!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Thanks mate didn't expect them to be so available.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Let us know how you go..Id be really dissapointed if they brushed you off with "just go to training" for a 90th birthday

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
matrix
Saintsational Legend

milney and bakes do that party thing for birthdays
so ya never know...they might be able to organize something special for her.

edit:
actually i just noticed its Bakes and Schneides now

asiu

If I was in PR, and I heard of a life long supporter celebrating an upcoming 90th birthday, I would see the potential for sure.

and hopefully one read by some marketing types at the Club

thanks , i needed a laugh this morning :shock:

big picture to this mob , means bigger portraits of the administrators down the hallways of self delusion , in my opinion

its all there ... the makings of the powerhouse club in the land ... never say die supporters who give everything for **** in return

if the current pr people cant see the way ahead , eff em off , and give the job to me

wankers

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:

and hopefully one read by some marketing types at the Club

thanks , i needed a laugh this morning :shock:

big picture to this mob , means bigger portraits of the administrators down the hallways of self delusion , in my opinion

its all there ... the makings of the powerhouse club in the land ... never say die supporters who give everything for **** in return

if the current pr people cant see the way ahead , eff em off , and give the job to me

wankers
You seem to be pissed off with the current administration, what's your main beef?

aside from

screwing over level two seat holders without prior consultation,
changing the goalposts and screwing over foundation social club members at the expense of LOYALTY,
moving the club to Seaford,

What have the current board done to you, to make you so annoyed?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
asiu

the current mob are oppurtunity wasters ... thats my beef

quickly ask 'us' when things aint travelling well
quickly forget 'us' when things (seemingly) are travelling well

the club , is the members (and the supporters) ... and theres the 'issue at hand'

make hay while the sun shines ... if we end up rattling tins again , some of the present incumbents will deserve their balls squashed in a vice

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Re: Looking for Help!!

IluvHarvey wrote:At the end of this month it is my Grandmothers 90th Birthday, she has been a saint all her life and still is a paid up Social club member. What I am trying to do is organise to get some personally signed photos from Clint Jones and Stephen Milne as they are her favourite players. I emailled the club to try and get some help with this (clearly willing to pay for this. I'm not looking for any freebies) but they just told me all I can do is go to a training session and do it myself. Then they told me they couldn't confirm when the open training sessions would be. (Gee Thanks for your help) I'm hoping someone has some idea of what i can do. Firstly where I can purchase or Obtain some action shots of these guys and then if anyone knows when training would be, as it is a long trip from Sunbury when you have no car!!
On a side note I understand that the club probably gets loads of requests like this but I am becoming more and more dissapointed with the lack of care they seemed to show.
May I suggest you contact Ben Hall direct (benh@saints.com.au) and explain the situation?

I am sure he will oblige with some signed photographs

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

i would be greatly disappionted if something wasnt able to be done, with the aid of the club.

2 years ago i was working in Real Estate, a long terms clients son (20 yr) had been given sad news in regards to his health. Knowing he was a passionate N. Melb supporter i contacted the club and asked if they would be able to help me bring a smile to the sons face.
They got back to me within 24 hrs. They had organised a signed long sleeve jumper, a membership for the son, and pack of pencils and alike.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
SaintDebi
Club Player

matrix wrote:milney and bakes do that party thing for birthdays
so ya never know...they might be able to organize something special for her.

edit:
actually i just noticed its Bakes and Schneides now
They'd probably be happy to organise something through this.
A few years back when it was still Bakes and Milney they were more than happy to phone my daughter for her 18th birthday. A personal appearance was beyond my budget but I contacted Saintly Entertainment and asked if I could pay them to call her instead. They let me nominate a price, and in fact I had to haggle them UP, because I was prepared to pay what I thought it was worth, and they thought I was offerring too much!
Then when there was a bit of a mix up in the time they called (it was game day and Milney left the number at home!) Bakes made an extra phone call, and also wanted to refund my money.
It was an absolute pleasure dealing with them from start to finish!

I guess it doesn't really help if Milney's not invoved anymore, but then again, he and Bakes are good mates, so maybe if you contact Saintly Entertainment anyway, he (Bakes) might be prepared to help set something up for you with Milne?

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

bloody love it
:)
id be pretty confident that the OP'ers nana should be getting something special.
you hear that St kilda staff?
something special i said.
90 years old
member for eons

support the supporter
or look second rate.

pressures on
8-)

asiu

:)

as we the 'consumers' recognise , unite and use our true power , we can change everything ... simple really

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Just a quick update for anyone who was interested.

I emailed saints reception to which i got the go to training reply.

I then emailed Silke Nixon (Community relations coordinator) - No Reply

I then emailed Michael Nettlefold - No reply

I then emailed Kerry Boroje No Reply

I then emailed Ben Hall - BINGO

Ben has arranged for Milney to sign a personal happy birthday message on a jumper. Hooray!!!!

Thank you for everyone for their suggestions esp St Fid for suggesting to contact Ben Hall.

If anyone is interested I will post a pic of the jumper once i get it framed.

I am so happy as I know it will make her day!!