Bookends a concern...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Bookends a concern...

Now any one game is pretty meaningless as far as a players form goes.

However looking looking at the whole of our NAB games the form of Kosi and Dawson, ou two bookends, has been underwhelmng to say the least.

Dawson looks a bit too casual and in too many games has been caught cat-napping.

Likewise at the other end Kosi has lookrd too casual and once the ball has spilled has looked dreadful.

Both need to pull their finger out...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
emmdee
Club Player

Kosi is trying really hard......but slow & out of form.
Zac seems lacking strength & confidence.
Both we know can play great footy & now need to train hard & show us what they have in 2 weeks against Swans ....... need them up & about definately

Rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

I seem to recall noone had any faith in Dawson in the preseason last year as well. We all know how that turned out.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

In relation to Zac what seems to have highlighted his past problems
is his apparent EXTREME loss of weight that he gained prior to last season..

Has the Club fully explained that loss?

Looked like a skinny kid again last night.

In relation to Kossie body appears gone at this stage.

Alway had poor awareness..........but any speed and agility has at this stage deserted him

Both concerns at this stage.

saint4life
Bono
Club Player

Zac is only good with quality support around him. When Fisher went off it was Zac's worst nightmare. Stopping the Oppo midfield also helps the defenders. We are thin in the backline now. Fisher isnt a true CHB. If both him and Zac have to full on defend instead of attack, we are in strife. The again, there are only 3 or 4 teams with a monster forwards.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Blake has been good in defence, as he was last year. Very under rated is he. Also I believe we have been missing Raph's run out of defence as well. I doubt if he will play Round 1 though, due to lack of matches.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Don't agree. REckon Gwilt has filled Raph's shoes comfortably and set up some great plays last night. For mine the spot's Gwilt's for Raph to take back if he wants it bad enough.

Agree with Bono re Zac and Fish. I thought Fish was quiet last night, and going off after 7 minutes would explain it :lol: He cuts in all the time to help out, and with the doggies having a smallish fwd line this would have been the perfect time for him to fall off his man and come in third man in. Having said that, Hahn getting injured early in the third 1/4 poss negated that a little.