Perth telecast round 2

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

wasaintsfan
Club Player

Perth telecast round 2

just a heads up for those who havent seen...

we have no telecast again of our boys playing

suggest going to a pub or trying to find a broadcast

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Head down to the Karalee and you'll get to see it

Another opportunity awaits!
battye
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda vs North Melbourne
8:30pm Saturday night, FOX SPORTS 1

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
wasaintsfan
Club Player

almost 4 and a half hours delay though :P
ill find an online broadcast one way or another =D

Not to keen on going to karalee... not for a match against north anyway :P
finals or a highly anticipated match

loris
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:Head down to the Karalee and you'll get to see it

Yep we saw it not quite live at the Karalee.....approximately 30 minute delay as it was coming from Central Australia.......... NEVERTHELESS WE SAW IT...thanks as always to Paul Higgins at the Karalee....rarely does he let you down....only atmospheric reception gets in the way.

Was a bit strange this time...as the Karalee is always a Saints haunt....but yesterday it was full of Sydney Swans (wa branch of)..... 35 that I counted...but they were a moving target (I think they like a drink or two!!)

They took over OUR room :cry: :cry: :cry: However, they were generous and let "The Farren Ray Fan Club" set up our table & seats in our special FR corner....even gave us some of their own BYO nibblies. Thanks Western Sydney Swans Committee.

Gee we Sainters over the years never thought of bringing our food to the pub to consume.........so naturally Swannies didn't complain about food prices :roll: :roll: infact the waiting staff even gave them bowls to put their chips and nibblies into.

Some of us Sainters were concerned, because of weather conditions in Perth on sat arvo. Would the atmospheric conditions distort the telecast? As that is obviously what happened for the NAB Cup final, and happened about 3 times last season.

Usually Perth is ad nauseum cloudless blue skies at this time of year. Yet last week (Mon arvo) we had a most brutal of storms hit Perth. Some of us are still mopping up and clearing the devastation away from our homes and awaiting for electricity to be restored after 6 days.

So a saintly band of Sainter fans met at the Karalee....as is our usual wont, when we wish to see our Saints LIVE. That is, when free to air chanels or Foxtel either are not showing the match or are showing it 3 - 8 hours later....and when radio is not covering it.

We are an optimistic lot we Sainters from the West; however, from the Malcolm Blight/cum GT days we know "EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!!!!!!", hence we are bl@@dy realistic tribe......especially in relation to the atmophere in Perth if you are getting TV reception via satellite.

On Saturday arvo....here were all these Sydney Swans supporters from WA set up in the Karalee, all happy and chirpy (their first time there).
My oh my, had they re-arranged the room!! Definitely put us Saints supporters from WA to shame. We obviously have never have passed "Table/seating re-arrangement 101".
Nevertheless, they weren't technical wizzes..... they still required a Saints stalwart to show them how to manipulate the sound system....we do have our uses!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, it was a very windy day, overcast, with threatening skies.

We optimistic Sainters, became quite pessimistic............ history had told us atmospheric conditions could interfere with the TV tranmission.
We thought this poor group of Sydney Swans supporters might be in for a frustrating evening on their first occasion at the Karalee as they could get a flickering, screen with grainy images. Or horror of horror, no telecast at all. :(

Hallelujah....................perfect telecast all the way through..............though I'm sure some of the Swannies supporters wished it had gone down in the last 5-8 minutes :P :P :P

Apart from the loss, Talking to the Swannies members, they were wrapped to have found the Karalee. At long last they have found a pub in Perth that can beam their games in LIVE (or 30 mins delay some times) when it is not being telecast live on Foxtell or Free to Air.
Because they are not a Victorian team they get less exposure in WA than we Sainters do, so they think they have struck gold. They have decided that the Karalee is their official pub :cry: :cry:

Let's hope the times of their games don't clash with ours too often, because we Sainters who have been watching the games at the Karlee LIVE for YEARS (accepting the occasional atmospheric hiccup) don't want to miss out because the Swanies have taken over.

Sadly the group that started the tribe of sainters who met at the Karalee, happily and informally for years may have lost their prime position at the pub. It was only through this Saintsational site that this group of sainters got meeting, nothing official via the Western Saints, they only jumped on board when it grew like topsy.

As I'm told, it was purely because some woman who hasn't been seen or part of the Saint supporters tribe who have met there for years, turned up for her first time at the pub and when the reception went down caused a hissy fit, cancelled her meal and had a slanging match with a staff member.

Oh dear......... them that don't know the norms and the wherefores can always be a problem and upset a maybe not perfect, but atleast harmonious gatherings.

At least we got to see the game LIVE at the Karalee and see the Saints win :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk that was a long post.........

Got to add that happy hour was on during the game and the beer and food was free.

St Michele
Club Player

How come we got no food!!!
Must have missed the Farren Ray group :-) or is it bewcasue you guya were hanging around the bar??
I know Ron and I will continue to go down there ( hopefully none of our games clash with the Swannine, many of whom were not happy campers on Saturday night.

Won't be there this week but definatly next week.

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
Winmarvellous
Club Player

Must admit that, although a little cramped, I enjoyed my one and only experience at the Karralee. Simply too far away for me. Might have to establish a similar haunt in the Northern suburbs.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

actually it was quite empty compared to other times

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

St Michele wrote:How come we got no food!!!
Must have missed the Farren Ray group :-) or is it bewcasue you guya were hanging around the bar??
I know Ron and I will continue to go down there ( hopefully none of our games clash with the Swannine, many of whom were not happy campers on Saturday night.

Won't be there this week but definatly next week.

The Farren Ray fan club was too busy ogling Farren

SaintSimmo
Club Player

Re: Perth telecast round 2

wasaintsfan wrote:just a heads up for those who havent seen...

we have no telecast again of our boys playing

suggest going to a pub or trying to find a broadcast
This is ridiculous! I am sick of this double televisation of west coast and freo game, play a decent team on the tv, at least on one of the stations.

Sainter for life.
St Michele
Club Player

Good luck Simmo

Maybe we should start writing to the stations and complaining.Saturate all the TV guides etc you never know....

Michele

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
battye
Saintsational Legend

I agree, at any one time there multiple stations that the football can be broadcast on. It's unacceptable that the same match can be broadcast on all channels at the same time, as was the case with the Eagles last weekend.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

St Michele wrote:Good luck Simmo

Maybe we should start writing to the stations and complaining.Saturate all the TV guides etc you never know....

Michele
i spoke to channel 7 about this a few years back .... basically they told me "well you should support the eagles or dockers"

channel 10 we not as rude but blamed the current deal with the AFL for the problem .... unoffically channel 9 had an agreement with Fox that in perth they will swap the eagles game each week so Fox would broadcast the channel 9 game and 9 would show the fox game .... rumour has it that 7 told Fox if they want to show their game that they have the rights for they have to pay extra for it well fox said stuff that but due to a rule that all eagles and dockers games must be shown on FTA in perth the offical 7 game gets no coverage .... i hoped that with the new digital channels maybe 1 HD or 72 would show the other game .... sadly this is not the case

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Mr X from the West
Club Player

Can anyone confirm that we will be able to watch our game v North LIVE at the Karalee on Saturday?

If so, at what time?

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

i've had a couple of calls x to see if we can get it live ..i'll give the pub a call today or better still will drop in tomorrow to clear up any misunderstandings if they exist
will let ya know tomorrow

Batnoe
Club Player

Has anyone ever looked into the cost of getting a satellite?

Have you ever thought about a good pub and talk them into getting it if you can guarantee that you will be there and every week it may generate $200 worth of sales of beer per week?

I am sure over time the satellite will be payed off....

Maybe a pub under new management will consider this?

Carn Saints
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Most pubs already have satellite dishes

The Bluff
Club Player

a satellite dish and box don't cost that much, every Perth saints supporter should have one!

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:Has anyone ever looked into the cost of getting a satellite?

Have you ever thought about a good pub and talk them into getting it if you can guarantee that you will be there and every week it may generate $200 worth of sales of beer per week?

I am sure over time the satellite will be payed off....

Maybe a pub under new management will consider this?
you can never guarantee anything ... some weeks there will be 20 ... some week there will be 6 most pub dont like upsetting the locals either (eagles supporters and docker hopefulls)

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

That should be Docker Hopefull of s***

janator
Club Player

Any word on this Roger??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

janator wrote:Any word on this Roger??
Stinger is that you? :lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
janator wrote:Any word on this Roger??
Stinger is that you? :lol:

nah mate......it's ya dad..... :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
westy
Club Player

I have to agree with winmarvellous, we need something out here in the north especially if you want to have a few frothies. I am getting pretty pi55ed with tv stations at the moment. Thank god for aus.sierules!

I'm livin' in a madhouse