Roo scans today (Sat) at 1PM

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Roo scans today (Sat) at 1PM

Not waiting till Monday...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Seems to be that "medical experts" (includng Chis Bradshaw the Cat's Doctor) based purely on observation favour about 8 weeks due to it being high. But not longer like Lloyd as it there was not as much flexure in it.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sat 10 Apr 2010 12:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

danners
Club Player

i honestly think kosi can be just as dangerous as riewoldt if he is the lone man up forward.

would much prefer riewoldt with his hammy's intact, but we can do this without him on the field aswell

21 years old, proud member since 1998!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Seems to be that "medical experts" favour about 8 weeks due to it being high. But not longer like Lloyd as it was not as much flexure in it.
yeah heard that, look if it's 8 weeks I will be happy. According to the geelong doctor it looked similar to the rooke injury, he was back in 7 weeks and has played at a high level ever since.

My biggest concern is how this effects his runnings and spring

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Meh....

Dont read anything into it until we get official word.

Even then take it with a grain of salt.

Believe what you like until you see him running at training again.

I'm sure we will have the usual sooks bleating about what they are entitled to when the injury list is published each week.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote: My biggest concern is how this effects his runnigns and spring
As you probably hear Bradshaw thought that this would not be a problem.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sat 10 Apr 2010 12:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Given that our injury list had TBC next to every player I doubt we'll know how many weeks Roo will miss until he plays again. After all, how many people knew that Fisher would play this time last week? I know I thought he was still a couple of weeks away.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Someone here maybe MH reckoned/guessed Fisher would be out until round 8. Take most things read here with a grain of salt.

Another opportunity awaits!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

danners wrote:i honestly think kosi can be just as dangerous as riewoldt if he is the lone man up forward.

would much prefer riewoldt with his hammy's intact, but we can do this without him on the field aswell
kosis moment of devastation back in 2005 came after Roo was ruled out with his collar bone ... maybe Kosi needs that pressure on him thats its either he does it all or it doesnt get done mentality ??

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

45 minutes to go.
lol

danners
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
danners wrote:i honestly think kosi can be just as dangerous as riewoldt if he is the lone man up forward.

kosis moment of devastation back in 2005 came after Roo was ruled out with his collar bone ... maybe Kosi needs that pressure on him thats its either he does it all or it doesnt get done mentality ??
yeh and i think if he can come back in and kick a few goals then the confidence will go up and he will be thinking 'hey im the main guy up here now so i need to step up'

21 years old, proud member since 1998!
sainter#4
Club Player

anyone else keep checking the site for updates??

i know it will be bad news, but i feel like this info is the most vital ive heard in soo long.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

it wonr be updated with any information if at all untill late afternoon

Solar
Saintsational Legend

sainter#4 wrote:anyone else keep checking the site for updates??

i know it will be bad news, but i feel like this info is the most vital ive heard in soo long.
will effect how we structure up for the rest of the season. I back the club and coaching staff to create a environment and program that will get him firing come finals

FQF
In richo I trust

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:Someone here maybe MH reckoned/guessed Fisher would be out until round 8. Take most things read here with a grain of salt.
True...but I think soft tissue injuries are a bit more predictable than ankle and other joint injuries.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:I'm sure we will have the usual sooks bleating about what they are entitled to when the injury list is published each week.
nah. as one of the usual sooks, i don't care what they tell us about riewoldt. he's a star and crucial to our side, so keep it from other clubs as much as you possibly can, though i don't think there'll be very much secrecy actually sustainable.

i sook about not being told the true state of winmar or simpkin or dempster. they're a different class of player and there's no point lying about them. as a supporter i want to know, and rival clubs just don't care, so why not publicise it?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
bigred wrote:I'm sure we will have the usual sooks bleating about what they are entitled to when the injury list is published each week.
nah. as one of the usual sooks, i don't care what they tell us about riewoldt. he's a star and crucial to our side, so keep it from other clubs as much as you possibly can, though i don't think there'll be very much secrecy actually sustainable.

i sook about not being told the true state of winmar or simpkin or dempster. they're a different class of player and there's no point lying about them. as a supporter i want to know, and rival clubs just don't care, so why not publicise it?
its all part of the information vault ... if you let some out you cant control what can get out ... yet if you let nothing out then you dont have that problem ....... lots of little leaks lead to big cracks no leaks leadss to no cracks

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Moods
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:

Yep I'm one of the usual sooks :) And I agree, the club can say what they like about the likes of Rooey and Fish (when he was injured) I reckon you miss the point completely about all this Bigred. If keeping mum about injuries keeps the opposition guessing then I'm all for it.

Keeping quiet about injuries to our junior players who are unlikely to have any impact this year or even next year is either a) disrespectful to the player concerned or b) laziness from the club.

Personally I don't like either option.

ThomasR
Club Player

Just said on ABC that 6 players (from both sides) going in for scans.. including Kosi

bigred
Saintsational Legend

They are all on the same list.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Well, I'm not one of the usual sooks but want to know exactly how long Roo will be out.

Absolutely crucial to our tilt tis season.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bigred
Saintsational Legend

The only accurate timeframe you will get is if it is the worst case...

If it is a lesser injury.....will be 2 weeks for a month or so :P

SaintSimmo
Club Player

ThomasR wrote:Just said on ABC that 6 players (from both sides) going in for scans.. including Kosi
I think
S Fisher
Roo
Hayes
Cloke
Kosi??

Sainter for life.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

how the hell did kosi hurt himself

btw some of those might be part of the re-hab program or to make sure of things. Nothing looked too bad

FQF
In richo I trust

ace
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldt - 2 weeks

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA