Gram to miss a month

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

didzee
Club Player

Gram to miss a month

ST KILDA midfielder Jason Gram will miss at least a month after the Saints decided on surgery to fix an ongoing groin injury.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 5868618255

Trevor1Barker

Proud player sponsor 2022
fingers
Saintsational Legend

That sucks a big one.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

knew he didnt look right in the carlton game...
just didnt seem to have those big strides.

good idea, get him in now, fixed up, get stronger and have plenty of time off to come back in a month or so.

while we'll miss him, i think its a great move
we need his run and carry and for him to be at his best

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:knew he didnt look right in the carlton game...

good idea, get him in now, fixed up, get stronger and have plenty of time off to come back in a month or so.

Bad loss, just think back to the Port game without him.

I think Raph will be back in that case, perhaps Peake?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
35...LEGEND
Club Player

matrix wrote:knew he didnt look right in the carlton game...

+1......get him right for the charge :twisted:

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Ouch this will hurt us a lot!! :(

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
matrix
Saintsational Legend

agreed dcstkfc

bad loss alright
but id rather him be out to get fitter and right for later down the track

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

If we cant win against the likes of Adelaide, Richmond without Gram we don't deserve to make the 8.

He will be missed but lets take the "get em right for September" view first?

Good call.

.....now we just have to ensure we win enough to secure top 4...

“Yeah….nah””
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Well surprise surprise.

I've been saying for ages that he's been carrying this for over a year.
They hoped rest during the break before the season would solve the problem.

At least now they've acknowledged he is injured and have taken steps to fix it.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
spert
Saintsational Legend

Two hard players to replace in Roo and Gram -a champion CHF and vital running line-breaking backman. This is a test for RL and the coaching crew- and the playing list who need to find that little bit extra.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Two hard players to replace in Roo and Gram -a champion CHF and vital running line-breaking backman. This is a test for RL and the coaching crew- and the playing list who need to find that little bit extra.
We are in trouble if 2 players mean we struggle to beat bottom sides. Take any 2 out of Geelong or Collingwood andthey would still beat any of the bottom 8 at the moment.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc, I like your avatar, have you had any members of the public giving any information yet? :)

Gram out is not ideal, I have already stated on here he is very important and sometimes underrated externally.

However as an optimist, there is something about Gram and Roo returning at a similar time to take on the latter half of the season then hitting the finals in peak form.....

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:dcstkfc, I like your avatar, have you had any members of the public giving any information yet? :)

Gram out is not ideal, I have already stated on here he is very important and sometimes underrated externally.

However as an optimist, there is something about Gram and Roo returning at a similar time to take on the latter half of the season then hitting the finals in peak form.....
No I am waiting. I have reported it to the police as well.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
spert wrote:Two hard players to replace in Roo and Gram -a champion CHF and vital running line-breaking backman. This is a test for RL and the coaching crew- and the playing list who need to find that little bit extra.
We are in trouble if 2 players mean we struggle to beat bottom sides. Take any 2 out of Geelong or Collingwood andthey would still beat any of the bottom 8 at the moment.
Maybe, but the "right" one player can make a big difference.

* T Cloke is in red-hot form now and the Pies are going well.

* Scarlett returns and the Cats step up a cog.

* Judd returns and "sack Ratten" is replaced with "Ratten the genius" and Blues go from looking like bottom four to finals contenders with a shkae of Top 4.

Some players affect teams more than just their ability alone.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

* Judd returns and "sack Ratten" is replaced with "Ratten the genius" and Blues go from looking like bottom four to finals contenders with a shkae of Top 4.

IMO the pies and Geelong are so even that one two or even 3 players wouldnt effect them against ordinary sides. Of course it may against the best sides but they both would have put Essendon away on Sunday. We are out of form so any player missing effects us. I also think in form as shown against the Hawks last year, we can beat the ordinary sides with good players missing.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

dcstkfc wrote:
SainterK wrote:dcstkfc, I like your avatar, have you had any members of the public giving any information yet? :)

No I am waiting. I have reported it to the police as well.
Well i hope they can help solve the mystery :)
Might want to report it to the gold coast police as well he could be up there.

Sainter for life.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

To compare T Cloke with our captain is a sin and should never be tolerated on this site. Besides Cloke was rubbish in the first four rounds.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

is Jesse Smith a replacement in waiting ?? couple weeks in the 2's maybe ?!?!?

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
I take out Harry O'Brien and Scott Pendlebury, they have no one left to hit a target.

For the Cats take out Ablett and Chapman, would severely dent them....

rexy
SS Life Member

Think it was obvious to a few of us at least, that Gram was and had been carrying an injury, watching his body language and discussion with trainers medical staff etc , as well as watching the way he approached contested ball this year was a sure sign that he wasnt right.

Any one who beleives that all clubs will not play a slightly injured player are kidding themselves, Geelong are probably the best at resting guys with niggles, however their confidence and presence and the winning culture they have built, coupled with the eveness of their side allows this. Gram is not the first the last or the only guy playing who is not quite right.

Obviously we fealt that we could protect him from the in and under a bit and his run and carry would still be more benefit to us. I am disapponted by this, externally we have made a lot of our structures, players playing the roles and executing, personell not being important, yada yada yada. Doesnt look like we actually beleive it though, what message does it send to the rest of the group when a guy who is not able to take his turn at the hard stuff is picked on the back of his ability to do the exciting stuff?

Not saying that Lyon has bullshitted or deliberately deceived the football public, what I am saying is that the selection comittee, including Lyon have made an error, they have made an error in judgement in thinking that a 75% Gram is better than a 100% Eddy, Armitage or Steven and they have also made an error in judgement of human behaviour. A group of young men in a football club live their lives by a set of rules and directions, there discipline is very high, they have restrictions on diet, drinking, social activities, the right time to be out or go home, what time they get up on a Sunday morning etc etc. They are much more disciplined than most of us. In return they expect the same rules for everyone in the group, not for senior players to get exception to team rules, training needs etc because they are good players. In my mind the coach and selection comitte should apologise to the group for playing an injured player and to Gram for asking him to go out there injured even though he probably wanted too. I for one have been critical of his output this year, but really its not his fault.

Maybe this year?
3:16
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:Well surprise surprise.

Someone whom knows what I know, being saying it to, but for some reason some of these clowns don't believe it!!!!!

I got shot down, by one in particular, who is in the know(just ask him), funny though carn't seem to find him now!!!!!

Grammy has been carrying this since early 2009 (thus his kicking has been affected), as you would know: nursed it through the majority of last year!!!!!

I don't know if 4 weeks will be enough time, but that's what they will give him, he will never kick the same again( as good as he once did), but let's hope it doesn't ruin him like it did with another who used to play here!!!!!

"Cause Stone Cold said so"!!!!!

Shane Birss in 2008- Go the Pircha!!!!! RIP
Jarryn Geary-MIP in 2010!!!!!
Armitage=2010 SuperStar!!!!! (Luke Who)?????
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

3:16 wrote:

Someone whom knows what I know, being saying it to, but for some reason some of these clowns don't believe it!!!!!

I got shot down, by one in particular, who is in the know(just ask him), funny though carn't seem to find him now!!!!!

Grammy has been carrying this since early 2009 (thus his kicking has been affected), as you would know: nursed it through the majority of last year!!!!!

I don't know if 4 weeks will be enough time, but that's what they will give him, he will never kick the same again( as good as he once did), but let's hope it doesn't ruin him like it did with another who used to play here!!!!!
Ok so we understand it might be a minimum of 8 weeks. Judd and Ball had the same op over the summer of 08/09. If that's the case I can't see Gram returning until the end of the year, possibly.

Another opportunity awaits!
ace
Saintsational Legend

3:16 wrote:

If you hide the jam tins he may not get intimidated.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08