No one rates us...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

No one rates us...

I could care less but geez.....not 1 footy scribe Ive heard/read gives us any chance......Im absolutely amazed....its like Cats are playing....the Cats.

I dont mind it - but this side did somrhting right last year.....won 19 straight....that ability doesnt evaporate....

Frk Id love to shove it up the entire footy world tomorow night.

“Yeah….nah””
Buckets
SS Life Member

Tef I'm with you on this. Hope for nothing more than every media scribe after the final siren tomorrow night to admit that they were wrong.

Gee the Saints look good odds at 3.24!!!!!!

GET ON EM!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Re: No one rates us...

Teflon wrote:I could care less but geez.....not 1 footy scribe Ive heard/read gives us any chance......Im absolutely amazed....its like Cats are playing....the Cats.

I dont mind it - but this side did somrhting right last year.....won 19 straight....that ability doesnt evaporate....

Frk Id love to shove it up the entire footy world tomorow night.
I love that no one rates us. The Cat's ego must be getting pretty big.

widereceiver
Club Player

The Cats are an awesome side, but their forward line is vulnerable - Mooney and Hawkins.

If Bakes can hold Johnson and if our mids can break even I think we'll prevail.

The downside for the loser tomorrow night is a bloody hard road to the GF.

Go you mighty Saints.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Tef it is not last year

It is not the team that won 19 etcetc

Individuals are down on last year imput

the teams chemistry just does not seem the same.........

hoping like hell we win

saint4life
StSteven
Club Player

If I was neutral I would not pick us either BUT anything can happen in finals. It worries me about our list if we can take a player in who has not played for 9 weeks and expect him to neutralize an in-form all- Australian!

All fingers crossed and very nervous.

saintnick12
Club Player

I am hopeful, not confident.

But I'm very surprised we are as much as $3.26 and they are so short at 1.35. I think its a lot closer than that.
My husband never gambles (literally has one bet a year on the melbourne cup). He a saints supporter but not a fanatic like me. He is going to put a bet on us, partly cos he thinks the $3.26 is too high and highly offensive to us.
We have been so short in some games recently and that has really surprised me that the bookies were a lot more confident that I was. This week they have jumped right off us. No one seems to give us a chance.

Lets do it Saints!!!! Show them all we're still in it.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:Tef it is not last year

It is not the team that won 19 etcetc

Individuals are down on last year imput

the teams chemistry just does not seem the same.........

hoping like hell we win
I agree I guess Im more surprised by the level of support (bookie odd etc) for Cats....its still a 2 horse race.....

Im also praying this "switch" people have talked bout can be flicked cause if we go down by 6+goals IMHO you can forget GF's......it'll tell me the form this year hasnt just been about injuries.

IF we get up this will send a massive wake up call to all other finalist.........the sleeping 09 giant is awake...cmon saints!!

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

A lot of our form has been by choice, Gram didn't have to come back before he was match fit, a lot of our guys didn't need to have a rest over recent weeks, we didn't have to get 'just in case' games into some of our depth players.

We'll be fine.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I'm hoping for a StKilda win.........but...

i don't rate them at all this season..... :roll:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Even this kiss of death has tipped against us.....

I just hope we don't get out-psyched by being such an underdog.....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tipping

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saint3d
Club Player

Teflon wrote:not 1 footy scribe Ive heard/read gives us any chance......
That's because Ross Lyon doesn't write for anyone.

I've been pushing it all week but I can't repeat it enough. It is worth the effort to go to http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/ -> St Kilda TV -> Rd22 Press Conference: St K. Maybe you have already watched it but didn't get as much from it as I did, but let me ask you a couple of questions.

You talk about last year a lot, and fair enough too. I think last year showed conclusively that Ross Lyon is a very good coach. Do you agree?

If you agree with the above, do you think Ross Lyon is 'out of form'? If you do, I'm not sure I can help.

If you don't, then I suspect you would agree that if Ross Lyon is happy with where we're placed right now, we must be doing alright.

Maybe it's worth taking another look at the press conference, because the message I got from it is we are exactly where the coach wants us to be leading into the finals.

Ross Lyon rates us.

saint3d
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:Even this kiss of death has tipped against us.....

I just hope we don't get out-psyched by being such an underdog.....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tipping
It's interesting to see how poorly the supposed experts have tipped this year. A couple of them might sneak into the top twenty of my local tipping competition. Their best tipster was a 'celebrity' from another sport!

It's also interesting to note that if you assume the kiss of death is trying to score 0, he got as many 'wrong' as the experts.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

This gives me more confidence.....

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/tipping

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SirDog
Club Player

Just remember Round 13 this year:

St Kilda 2.1 4.3 9.6 10.10 (70)
Geelong 2.2 6.7 6.7 6.10 (46)

We kicked their ass, and they went scoreless for one quarter and goaless for a half. So let people say what they want to say, I couldn't give a toss. We have the goods to beat them so lets just see how it plays out on the night.

Go Saints! :D

St.Kilda fan - through and through.
PJ
SS Life Member

So let people say what they want to say, I couldn't give a toss. We have the goods to beat them so lets just see how it plays out on the night.
This

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Fine by me!

As long as the boys have the belief that they can do it. Use last year's heartbreak as motivation. We do NOT want to go through the same thing again. The players have to believe they are good enough. Nay, they have to KNOW that they are good enough - and can withstand ANYTHING the other teams throw at us.

The Saints are coming!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I couldnt care who picks us but I want to add my disgust. Obviously we can win it so people should pick us even if they think Geelong have even more hope. I bet none of these experts, who i dont care about but what to add my disgust in a thread on, have picked 8 every week. Luckily I have and most others on here have so we will win this week.

The only problem is we have lost 6 and half games. They must have happened in the weeks I some how picked the opposition. My point is I hate people have an opinion that isnt the same as mine.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I couldnt give the contents of a building site port-a-potty what the "experts" at the Herald Sun think.

Let them pick against us and write us off, just more pressure on Geelong and another chance to stick it up em

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Saints will win tonight

it is our destiny

#1 Ryder fan
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saint3d wrote:If you don't, then I suspect you would agree that if Ross Lyon is happy with where we're placed right now, we must be doing alright.

Maybe it's worth taking another look at the press conference, because the message I got from it is we are exactly where the coach wants us to be leading into the finals.
that all may be true, but also maybe ross lyon isn't infallible. i prefer to use my own brain to think about the chances of the side, rather than simply relying on the vague "ross seems to think we're looking ok therefore we must be going to win".

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

The Saints side tonight looks bloody impressive! Baker is of major importance in the big picture of things...and Lyon knows it! Tonight is a must-win!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
philtee
Club Player

Tipping shock - Tim Lane has tipped the Saints by 6 pts - not sure if this is a kiss of death,
or that he has seen the light.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

philtee wrote:Tipping shock - Tim Lane has tipped the Saints by 6 pts - not sure if this is a kiss of death,
or that he has seen the light.
Well, he did say the era of domination was over at the Cats, as then they proceeded to smash the Dogs :wink:

Beekay
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:I couldnt care who picks us but I want to add my disgust. Obviously we can win it so people should pick us even if they think Geelong have even more hope. I bet none of these experts, who i dont care about but what to add my disgust in a thread on, have picked 8 every week. Luckily I have and most others on here have so we will win this week.

The only problem is we have lost 6 and half games. They must have happened in the weeks I some how picked the opposition. My point is I hate people have an opinion that isnt the same as mine.

you would have to work quite hard at being such a tosser.... surely ?