Just alittle perspective for me

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Maxstar22
Club Player

Just alittle perspective for me

Don't get me wrong, I am gutted, shattered, emotionally drained, frustrated and all those things.

While we may have lost the premiership today, there is a family who have lost a loved one.

I saw a man die at Richmond station tonight.

While we were all standing on the platforms lamenting on what could have been, there was a team of people working on this man who did not make it :cry:

Put some things into perspective for me.

Chin up Sainters!!

SaintDebi
Club Player

He was mentioned in another thread. So he didn't make it? That's incredibly sad.
While we lament the loss of a game, a circle of family and friends will be mourning the loss of a loved one.

Lets all deal with our disappointment in whatever ways we need to, but when all is said and done, let us remember: it really is just a game folks.

May the gentleman RIP.

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
saint1974
Club Player

So sad for the mans family,certainly does put things into perspective.
Thoughts are with his family.

Maxstar22
Club Player

Sorry, I didn't realise it had been mentioned in another thread.

I really feel for this family.

Lost for words on the whole day now.

SaintDebi
Club Player

Maxstar22 wrote:Sorry, I didn't realise it had been mentioned in another thread.

I really feel for this family.

Lost for words on the whole day now.
This sort of perspective probably deserves a new thread. Maybe help some of us realise that life is about more than just football.

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

As much as it pains me to say it...It's not the first time I've seen somebody die at the footy, and I'm only 17.. :?

Raven
Club Player

I was standing right behind him when it happened, a very emotional and upsetting ending to the day. He was speaking literally 10 seconds beforehand as well, a smile on his face, talking up our chances next year in a "chin up" fashion.

Heart goes out to his family. RIP.