Eddy's injuries

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Eddy's injuries

Watching the B&F tonight I realised what a tough run Eddy had in just the last few weeks. Broken hand, dislocated jaw, cracked tooth, broken arm.

Hats off the the young man for battling on. Much respect.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

+1

sainterinsydney
Club Player

The guy may lack skill and polish, but he certainly is a tough nut.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Hmmm...make you wonder why they played him, we did have options. He was really the least of our worries last Saturday though.

Tom_Sainter
Club Player

Yeh tough lad, i agree though if he had those injuries why play him, he's no superstar

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Could be the next hayes....

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

He's a battler, but an incredibly courageous battler at that

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
FQF
SS Life Member

I've got a lot of respect for guys like that.

If only some of the other guys had half that dedication, we would be a better place.

karnak
Club Player

I really like the guy, and see a spot for him next year. I thought he did some alright things in the 1st qtr last week.

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
1965 Saint
Club Player

yeah tough alright. Still prefer Geary i think

saintly
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Hmmm...make you wonder why they played him, we did have options. He was really the least of our worries last Saturday though.
he went into the grand final with a broken jaw. couldnt the saints find someone else to replace him?

spert
Saintsational Legend

Eddy is a tough nut, but looks like a fish out of water in the forward line. I think I can only see him as a ruck rover type of player..memories of the late Travis Payze. I don't think we can carry Eddy and Geary in one team. We have a lot of one-paced players who have no burst ability on the run, Eddy, Geary, Hayes, Dal Santo and that is a worry- Hayes is a champ though.

PJ
SS Life Member

I initially thought this guy had no class and was just a battler but there were signs this year - is well worth persisting with could be a rough diamond.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:I initially thought this guy had no class and was just a battler but there were signs this year - is well worth persisting with could be a rough diamond.
Did have a good run going into the finals, but once we made the GF's, seems all he did was get smashed up. I'm afraid he's made an example of himself due to these performances, one that might see us favour someone else.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Yep, no doubting he put his body on the line more than a few times this season for the team! He's starting to look pretty good! Well done Eddy!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I do not offer the following as an excuse...more an observation...

We were carrying a few sore buggers both on and off the field...Clarke, Eddy, Dal, Gram, Kosi (allegedly), Fisher, Steven etc...

As far as I can see Collingwood were not.

Telling.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
yipper
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:I do not offer the following as an excuse...more an observation...

We were carrying a few sore buggers both on and off the field...Clarke, Eddy, Dal, Gram, Kosi (allegedly), Fisher, Steven etc...

Telling.
You can include our main tagger - Jones, he did have a broken foot apparently. Broke it several weeks earlier.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

He still wouldn't have played 50 games. He is well worth persisting with, just needs to polish up and will be better for his finals experience. He went ok in the home and away.

I thought Geary would over take him this season, but both of them are a little more advanced than the next crop as they have regular games played into them.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:I do not offer the following as an excuse...more an observation...

Telling.
These injuries might have been more "Common Knowledge" that we think.
Remember, Maguires comments to Pert after GF1 where he said to Pert "C****, couldn't beat that bunch of cripples" !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

There's no doubting it. The Dogs game hurt us pretty bad. Collywooblewood got out of the Cats game unscathed! IMHO we've still got a good side available to us next season. It just gets a little on the depressing side after getting there two years in a row and copping the same result!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
St Lenny
Club Player

St. Luke wrote:There's no doubting it. The Dogs game hurt us pretty bad. Collywooblewood got out of the Cats game unscathed! IMHO we've still got a good side available to us next season. It just gets a little on the depressing side after getting there two years in a row and copping the same result!
Totally agree, re the Prelim game, hurt us bad. Eddy is only young and only 32 games I think, definately worth perservering with.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:He still wouldn't have played 50 games. He is well worth persisting with, just needs to polish up and will be better for his finals experience. He went ok in the home and away.

I thought Geary would over take him this season, but both of them are a little more advanced than the next crop as they have regular games played into them.

I couldn't agree more. I find it strange that people have written Eddy off. I think he will just improve more and more. Yes he did not have a good couple of GF's but he is fairly inexperienced. Stick with him and Geary people!!!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
saint64
Club Player

I don't doubt his toughness, but I can't understand why we played him when we had people who are just as tough and significantly more skilfull sitting in the stands.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Telling.
I thought that as well, but Ross in the presser after the game said something like "oh no let's get one thing straight, we are healthy, very healthy" so does he not like excuses?

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Jumps off both feet...