It worries me

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Lenny
Club Player

It worries me

I know I will get shot down, BUT, it bothers me that Collingwood are over in Arizona training their buts off, yes the whole team, while we are still on holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BangersBack

Not shot down but I'm hearing ya.......its early days yet.

Say it loud and say it proud.
Middo
Club Player

Smelling a TROLL ...... :wink:
5 Posts and a nice pic !!!!!!

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

who cares, opposition forum?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:who cares, opposition forum?
it's a fair concern. if the standard contracts mean a standard amount of time off after the grand final, why are collingwood back earlier than us? different contracts? or have their players given up a week or two of leave in order to train more?

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:who cares, opposition forum?
it's a fair concern. if the standard contracts mean a standard amount of time off after the grand final, why are collingwood back earlier than us? different contracts? or have their players given up a week or two of leave in order to train more?
If ALL players have to have 8 weeks off between seasons then maybe Collingwood has allocated a bigger break over Xmas in return for coming back early....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

who cares move along nothing to see.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

its a fair point.....but its not pro stkilda so it is not welcome here.....only rose coloured glasses allowed.

Just like saying the Luke Ball decision will come back to haunt us....it was not well recieved, he was hopeless, Armo would be better, Lovett was worth the risk, blah, blah.....thing was it did bite us...in the biggest way, and not a bit of pie was eaten.....

Collingwood have passed us in two years and are getting further ahead...why?

Better recruiting, better training, better Gameplan...

we have not addressed at least one of those, as this OP points out, I am suggesting the other aswell....game plan was on display in the GF

Furphy
Club Player

Resting up and recovering from a big year is no biggie to worry about. We don't need players burnt out before the season begins. I used belong to a particular military unit that many consider "elite". Most of us would be off from mid Dececember to the end of January (all going well) and they wanted us to rest up and enjoy the fun times. However, when things began for the year, we would have to pass an extensive fitness test, we knew this and did not let ourselves get out of condition and we really did feel ready & refreshed for the year ahead after the break.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

opposition forum

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

BJ's is out exercising today - another tournament and guess where :)

Frankston .. getting familiar with the layout for future referance .
Last edited by saintbrat on Sun 21 Nov 2010 12:57pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:BJ's is ut exercising today - another tournament and guess where :)

Frankston .. getting familiar with the layout for future referance .
i'm telling ya he's a star! :wink: :lol:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Hey Luke, they say guys with beards have something to hide :wink:

PeckettofChips
Club Player

I think Collingwood start two weeks early and then have two weeks more off at XMAS.

No need to panic just yet.

Also there is rumour doing the rounds that Nick's sister was seriously ill on GF2 eve hence his lack lustre performance in the replay.

ANyone heard it or got any info on it?

We have had Nicky and Stewie, Ross this year and now maybe Nick with family issues.

Why always us?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

PeckettofChips wrote:I think Collingwood start two weeks early and then have two weeks more off at XMAS.

Also there is rumour doing the rounds that Nick's sister was seriously ill on GF2 eve hence his lack lustre performance in the replay.

We have had Nicky and Stewie, Ross this year and now maybe Nick with family issues.

Why always us?
I doubt that very much as he was at the after match function till 3am. Has he even got a sister?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:its a fair point.....but its not pro stkilda so it is not welcome here.....only rose coloured glasses allowed.

Just like saying the Luke Ball decision will come back to haunt us....it was not well recieved, he was hopeless, Armo would be better, Lovett was worth the risk, blah, blah.....thing was it did bite us...in the biggest way, and not a bit of pie was eaten.....

we have not addressed at least one of those, as this OP points out, I am suggesting the other aswell....game plan was on display in the GF
no no bigmart. this forum is all about putting your head in the sand and simplistic mantras like "in ross we trust". no dissent or facts allowed.
and if we dont win the flag its probably demetrious fault or some rigged draw or something.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
BigMart wrote:its a fair point.....but its not pro stkilda so it is not welcome here.....only rose coloured glasses allowed.

no no bigmart. this forum is all about putting your head in the sand and simplistic mantras like "in ross we trust". no dissent or facts allowed.
and if we dont win the flag its probably demetrious fault or some rigged draw or something.

trust only goes so far......mine ran out on the afternoon of gf 2 as i watched nick repeatedly try and out muscle two/three filth players on our forward line with not another red, mainly white, and black jumper in sight...or at least inside the 50 metre arc ....and i'm not that shipwrecked individual either...... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

PeckettofChips wrote:I think Collingwood start two weeks early and then have two weeks more off at XMAS.

Why always us?
To many Saints supporters look for excuses....reality is, Collingwood were much better GF2.

I'd much rather (and I am confident it's the case) that solutions to our weaknesses are being worked on in the off season, rather than continuously looking to excuse.

No offence POC, but the 'why us' attitude won't help this team get any stronger.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

Why always us?
To many Saints supporters look for excuses....reality is, Collingwood were much better GF2.

I'd much rather (and I am confident it's the case) that solutions to our weaknesses are being worked on in the off season, rather than continuously looking to excuse.

No offence POC, but the 'why us' attitude won't help this team get any stronger.
Did the club make excuses or just the fans?

I believe that management including the President and board have placed too much faith in RL. It could come back to bite us if it hasn't already.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Why always us?

I believe that management including the President and board have placed too much faith in RL. It could come back to bite us if it hasn't already.
Hmmm placing faith in the coach...terrible thing.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Why always us?

Blind faith is without the necessary checks and balances. It's not a good way to run an organisation.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Why always us?

Blind faith is without the necessary checks and balances. It's not a good way to run an organisation.
Question for you. Who should we have faith in?

wasaintsfan
Club Player

pfffft collingwood prob be back to its usual self next year....

we wouldve won flag if riewoldt hadve stayed outa the team....

guys a gem but we got way to reliant on him when it mattered (our best was when he was out of team and we finally gelled together).. lost our element of suprise.... thats what gilbert gave us in gf1.... did in gf2 aswell but kicked 3 easy behinds.... in a row when it mattered:P and the rest is history collingwood then went on to smash us

St Lenny
Club Player

With out doubt, Collingwood were better than us on the day. I dont believe people are trying to make excuses, just trying to find reasons why things went wrong, it does your head in.

1965 Saint
Club Player

Can't you dips...s see that St Lenny is a troll of the first order. Collingwood filth - the stench is seeping from my pc and I'm 3000 km away in Perth!!