Social Club Clarification / AFL Membership Questions

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LennyBoy
Club Player

Social Club Clarification / AFL Membership Questions

Gidday.

Can somebody in simple terms explain to me the major differences and inclusions between these three membership options.

1. St Kilda AFL Membership - Club Support
2. Social Club St Kilda Membership
3. Reserved Social Club Member

I have attended the past three Grand Finals with options 1 + 2 but have heard word of a few changes for next year. Who can help me out, Saintbrat I'm relying on you here. :wink:

Poochy 1 2 3 4 and 5 should be reinstated!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: Social Club Clarification / AFL Membership Questions

LennyBoy wrote:Gidday.

Can somebody in simple terms explain to me the major differences and inclusions between these three membership options.

I have attended the past three Grand Finals with options 1 + 2 but have heard word of a few changes for next year. Who can help me out, Saintbrat I'm relying on you here. :wink:
1 and 2 get you a grand final ticket. 3 is rubbish.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I'm both a St Kilda Social Club member with a reserved seat and an AFL member with St Kilda club support.

I'm not sure what your actual question is but basically I'm the proud member of the St Kilda Football Club two times over is for one reason only-

I cannot sit with my friends and fellow Sainters on GF day with my AFL club support. The AFL will not let me buy a seat outside the AFL Reserve, hence I buy an extra membership as part of my Social Club membership in order to sit with my friends.

I try and put a positive spin on the extra payment-I get two votes at the AGM.

or as someone once said to me at the club "Look upon it as an extra donation to the club" :?

Moods
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:I'm both a St Kilda Social Club member with a reserved seat and an AFL member with St Kilda club support.

I'm not sure what your actual question is but basically I'm the proud member of the St Kilda Football Club two times over is for one reason only-

I cannot sit with my friends and fellow Sainters on GF day with my AFL club support. The AFL will not let me buy a seat outside the AFL Reserve, hence I buy an extra membership as part of my Social Club membership in order to sit with my friends.

or as someone once said to me at the club "Look upon it as an extra donation to the club" :?

WEll answered. My 10 year old daughter longs to sit on the other side of the ground with all the saints supporters when we play at Etihad. AFL membership doesn't allow that. However, I have seen the last 3 grand finals saints have played in for half price in premium seats. My AFL membership DOES allow that, and I didn't even have to queue :wink:

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:I'm both a St Kilda Social Club member with a reserved seat and an AFL member with St Kilda club support.

WEll answered. My 10 year old daughter longs to sit on the other side of the ground with all the saints supporters when we play at Etihad. AFL membership doesn't allow that. However, I have seen the last 3 grand finals saints have played in for half price in premium seats. My AFL membership DOES allow that, and I didn't even have to queue :wink:
Except you had to sit amongst Pies supporters for the last 2, as I did....

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
Moods wrote:

Except you had to sit amongst Pies supporters for the last 2, as I did....
So did I, through my St Kilda Social Club Premium seats amongst the filth cheersquad.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

LennyBoy wrote:.

as I understand them
St Kilda AFL- CLub support- means youa re on either the full list or the waiting list for full AFL membership which allows you to go to X number of AFL games and the Grand final after those years ? I have never studied the options
I used to hear of people who took AFL with St Kilda and yet still opted to Reserve s eats at Etihad/ Docklands

Social Club St Kilda-- St kilda memberhsip with Social club add on- giving you access to Grand final tickets

Reserved Social Club St Kilda - By this I assume you mean the new Social Club Reseerved seat option.- the club are allowing Social club members to now reserve their seats for the Home games at Etihad. rather than having to re book for every game for the seats ailses 19-21

as Differant from those who have Reserved seats on City and Docks side and either end- and have had for some years and also pay Social club.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
LennyBoy wrote:.

as I understand them
St Kilda AFL- CLub support- means youa re on either the full list or the waiting list for full AFL membership which allows you to go to X number of AFL games and the Grand final after those years ? I have never studied the options
I used to hear of people who took AFL with St Kilda and yet still opted to Reserve s eats at Etihad/ Docklands

Social Club St Kilda-- St kilda memberhsip with Social club add on- giving you access to Grand final tickets

Reserved Social Club St Kilda - By this I assume you mean the new Social Club Reseerved seat option.- the club are allowing Social club members to now reserve their seats for the Home games at Etihad. rather than having to re book for every game for the seats ailses 19-21

as Differant from those who have Reserved seats on City and Docks side and either end- and have had for some years and also pay Social club.
I think LennyBoy means Restricted Social Club Membership.