Sam Gilbert.... you've lost me

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Sam Gilbert.... you've lost me

Rest assured, this has the potential to be far more fracturing WITHIN the playing list than what the Lovett (or any other) incident has been.

One player has severly embarressed and compromised (at least) two other senior and highly respected players.

The best outcome for the club going forwards would be to fully back the innocent parties involved, and look for worthwhile trade to Gilbert at the end of the year.

If I was either Riewoldt or Dal, I would be absolutely FILTHY at the stupid prick (Gilbert even looks like he has an IQ in single figures).

In my humble opinion, the stupid fool has crossed the line of TRUST with his captain and one of his peers - if it was me, the bridge would be broken forever.

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I haven't heard the press conference but what did he do other than take some pics? Why are we sacking him,trading him whatever?

saintnick12
Club Player

gringo wrote:I haven't heard the press conference but what did he do other than take some pics? Why are we sacking him,trading him whatever?
He was asked to delete it immedidately and didn't. His captain assumed he had been taken at this word and had deleted it.
How did the girl know the photos were on the laptop to pinch...likely she had been shown them
Appears the Dal Santo one was taken completely without his knowledge
Breach of team mates trust.

I'm not suggest he be traded or sacked, but a lot of bridge building is required.
Last edited by saintnick12 on Tue 21 Dec 2010 10:30am, edited 1 time in total.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
doppler effect
Club Player

Geez Louise, settle down. Yes the players will be pissed off at him but he's not going to be traded for it. There will be an in house punishment given to Gilbert and the team will move on stronger and better.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I haven't heard the press conference but what did he do other than take some pics? Why are we sacking him,trading him whatever?
Mmmm has he caused a bit of a furore, maybe embarrassed a couple of guys and their families?

Another opportunity awaits!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

if the dal was TAKEN by Gilbo this will be a massive fiasco. Gilbo in all sorts of troubles and a massive can of worms opened.

To think the dogs sacked aker for a hell of a lot less.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Oh FFS get a grip :roll:

The two will be prickly with each other, but if you think that all players have to love each other as brothers, you haven't been around too many sporting clubs.

Aker was absolutely hated in Brisbane and they won three flags. Edwards and McLeod, Williams, and Rhys-Jones, just off the top of my head.

Really need to get a hold of your emotions :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Oh FFS get a grip :roll:

The two will be prickly with each other, but if you think that all players have to love each other as brothers, you haven't been around too many sporting clubs.

Aker was absolutely hated in Brisbane and they won three flags. Edwards and McLeod, Williams, and Rhys-Jones, just off the top of my head.

Really need to get a hold of your emotions :roll: :roll:
dunno dude. depends who and under what circumstances the dal santo one was taken. the riewoldt/zac one is nothing. the other has a different dimension.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 21 Dec 2010 10:53am, edited 1 time in total.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The dogs sacked Aker for constantly talking s*** in the media and promising to pull his head in. He was not playing good footy at the same time.

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Oh FFS get a grip

Really need to get a hold of your emotions
No - I disagree. If we can manufacture a trade that is to our advantage, we should pursue it vigorously.

This behaviour breaks all ethics and nothing positive could ever come from it. Move him on.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Seaford_Saint wrote:
Oh FFS get a grip

No - I disagree. If we can manufacture a trade that is to our advantage, we should pursue it vigorously.

This behaviour breaks all ethics and nothing positive could ever come from it. Move him on.
Too late to trade - club can only sack him.

You want him sacked now?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Seaford_Saint wrote:
Oh FFS get a grip

Big season ahead before next trade period. With Roo and Gilbo supposed to be sharing a forward line together.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
PJ
SS Life Member

Gilbert clearly was asked not to keep the photo by Roo and did anyway.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Seaford_Saint wrote:
Oh FFS get a grip

You want him sacked now?
Piss him off.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

What a load of sh!t. These guys have group sex amongst other explicit things. He had a nude photo of him on his camera,wowee,get over it.

Bring back the Lockett era
Seaford_Saint
Club Player

You want him sacked now?
Re-read the original post...... I suggested a trade at the end of the year.

Let Roo and Dal know what the plan is so they only need to tolerate and work with the stupid prick for a few months.

Roo & Dal CAN be relied upon to keep such confidential matters to themselves without sharing with whores / GF's / wives / family / friends etc..... unlike #19

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:What a load of sh!t. These guys have group sex amongst other explicit things. He had a nude photo of him on his camera,wowee,get over it.
What?

Gilbert brought the club into disrepute again!
Last edited by Moccha on Tue 21 Dec 2010 10:41am, edited 1 time in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Seaford_Saint wrote:
Oh FFS get a grip

You want him sacked now?
Piss him off.
Bright :roll:

Lance or James??

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Moccha wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Seaford_Saint wrote:
Oh FFS get a grip

You want him sacked now?
Piss him off.
Bright :roll:
You should be asking that to Gilbert. What a dumb f*** he is!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Seaford_Saint wrote:Let Roo and Dal know what the plan is so they only need to tolerate and work with the stupid prick for a few months.
That's a certain recipe for a flag in 2011 :roll:

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

wouldnt trade depend on what other photos were sourced from him?

Doubt hawks for example would open there arms to him if he had 2 photos of thier players. FOR EXAMPLE.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
Seaford_Saint
Club Player

That's a certain recipe for a flag in 2011
I didn't say it was a perfect situation - but it limits the damage to 12 months.

Geez people, put yourself in Roo & Dal's shoes...... how would you feel right now??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Seaford_Saint wrote: Roo & Dal CAN be relied upon to keep such confidential matters to themselves without sharing with whores / GF's / wives / family / friends etc..... unlike #19
How do you know?

And you are inferring that the photos were not stolen but freely given to the girl by Gilbert.

Can you corroborate this inference or are you making things up to suit your agenda?

You see, no matter what a footballer does at the club I support, it is no reflection on me, therefore, I am sure that the STKFC will do the right thing with all the facts in front of them.

To infer a player has done something as you have done really needs verificiation.

Lance or James??

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Sam Gilbert seems like a good bloke. He has no doubt put himself in a really embarrassing position, but he can and will make it up to his team mates.

This is a little embarrassing for the players but of all the things that could happen to an AFL player, having your dick shown around is pretty minor.

I didn't search out the pics but unless the players are needing a microscope to find their manhood it really isn't that big a deal. No pun intended.

By the way I never get round to deleting anything off my computer so I can sympathise with the guy.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Well put, JB. This whole saga is riddled with assumption and unfounded conclusion. We still have some on here suggesting Roo has something to answer for, FFS.

Who in the hell here knows how she got hold of the photos? At this point Sam's guilty of a) taking the photos b) storing them on his computer after Roo asked him to delete his on the spot. It's dumb and a breach of trust, but until the club does what it does, the rest is just conjecture.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021