Caroline Wilson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Caroline Wilson

Caroline Wilson is a disgrace!

Her editorial today is a disgrace!

Her attack on our vice president, the AFL CEO and Ricky Nixon is based on assuming that KD was not lying on many matters (and she is a proven liar on multiple levels) yet the reasoning seems to be she can't be a liar on such crucial matters as pregnancy because she is ... a woman ... and surely is being bullied by men protecting their turf. I mean COME ON!

She even attacks all for us calling her "that woman" ... ummm Caroline what were they meant to call this person who could not be named by LAW ... I have an idea ... how about Madame X ... or perhaps we should have just disregarded the law (like she did) and named and shamed her.

As for co-directors wanting to unseat our Vice President ... I saw no evidence of that at all at the AGM ... did anyone else? Was there a vote of no confidence proposed by other board directors at the AGM that I missed? This is just another case of this "journalist" taking a stab in the dark at what MIGHT be happening behind the scenes in order to plant a seed and see what grows ... sometimes this type of report creates action and she and her journo mates will be there to pounce if any cracks appear. In fact there are many applauding what Ross Levin did because without it there would be many other naked AFL footballers pictures published by now ... with other clubs involved and the AFL in turmoil.

Is Caroline mad that St.Kilda's actions prevented this? I mean that type of stopry would sell papers for months on end. The saga would have been huge - the largest scandal to ever hit in Australian sport.

And going back to her headline grab ... what she writes in fact PROVES what Nick Riewoldt was saying ... outside elements are trying to rock the boat at St.Kilda ... they are pouncing on every incident and reporting it out of proportion in order to make gains themselves (sell papers) yet she says he is wrong ... how ironic. All Riewoldt was doing was calling for the faithful to stick with the players and the club and focus on the main prize.

St.KIlda does not have the cultural problem ... it is the media that has the cultural problem trying to CREATE the news rather than reporting FACTS!

And Caroline Wilson just became President of that hypocritical society.

Stuff Caroline Wilson ... Strength Through Loyalty.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Funny that 90% of the media are against us at the moment afterall we have done nothing wrong. The other thing that is funny is I have been told only the Herald Sun hate us. I reckon it is about time some of us here got those chips off our shoulders and realise if the club hadnt stuffed up there would be nothing to write about.

Maybe if we stop looking for excuses and blaming others we would walk straighter instead of going around in circles because of the chip.

wallbanger
Club Player

Couldn't agree more BackfromUSA.

I actually laughed while reading this article - the complete and utter belief of everything 'that woman' has said was hiliarious. I am still waiting to see any proof that she was pregnant at all - at the very least they are 'claims' without any proof, surely? 'That woman" has been proven to be a liar again and again...so anything she says should be taken with a grain of salt.

For an experienced journalist like Wilson to write such a slanted article like that is very surprising - and to me, proves that what Rooey said was exactly on the mark and hit a nerve. Yes, the players involved have to take reposnsibility for their actions - no doubt about that, and I believe they have done so. At the very least, the club has made them accountable after the fact.

Would be nice for the media to take some accountability too. Haha, funny one.

(Good to see the petulant, agitating child jump in there with a negative response too - that gave me even more of a laugh!)

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Funny that 90% of the media are against us at the moment afterall we have done nothing wrong. The other thing that is funny is I have been told only the Herald Sun hate us. I reckon it is about time some of us here got those chips off our shoulders and realise if the club hadnt stuffed up there would be nothing to write about.

Maybe if we stop looking for excuses and blaming others we would walk straighter instead of going around in circles because of the chip.
I agree about the club stuffing up bit.

However, this is an editorial... it is her opinion take it or leave it.

The HS publish articles like this one as if its new. There is a difference.

The reporting of news is different to an editorial.

News when reported in a news paper NOT a tabloid, gives the facts or the events that occured, then if there are divided POV on the issue both side are given enabling the reader to make their own conclusion.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

wallbanger wrote:Couldn't agree more BackfromUSA.

I actually laughed while reading this article - the complete and utter belief of everything 'that woman' has said was hiliarious. I am still waiting to see any proof that she was pregnant at all - at the very least they are 'claims' without any proof, surely? 'That woman" has been proven to be a liar again and again...so anything she says should be taken with a grain of salt.

For an experienced journalist like Wilson to write such a slanted article like that is very surprising - and to me, proves that what Rooey said was exactly on the mark and hit a nerve. Yes, the players involved have to take reposnsibility for their actions - no doubt about that, and I believe they have done so. At the very least, the club has made them accountable after the fact.

Would be nice for the media to take some accountability too. Haha, funny one.

(Good to see the petulant, agitating child jump in there with a negative response too - that gave me even more of a laugh!)

Yep much better to think we are getting picked on. Now if that isnt childish what is? I take it you are a young teenager so I shouldnt have a go at you but you need some common sense but like they say it isnt that common. Also didnt realise being positive is thinking everyone is against us. I would have thought that is really negative.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Funny that 90% of the media are against us at the moment afterall we have done nothing wrong. The other thing that is funny is I have been told only the Herald Sun hate us. I reckon it is about time some of us here got those chips off our shoulders and realise if the club hadnt stuffed up there would be nothing to write about.

The only stuff ups we've made is to miss chances in the 2009 Grand Final, and to give Collingwood a head start in the 2010 one!

Apart from that, I can't see anything that every club hasn't done before!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ohh shut up
other sides have the same amount on controversy
its not reported on

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:

ohh shut up
other sides have the same amount on controversy
its not reported on
Crap. As a Saints supporter we look more closely at our articles. It makes no sense that we get picked on more than other clubs and only people unbalanced by the chip could honestly think that way. Why cant people be positive and think that we are treated like other clubs. Keep out of trouble and there is no news.

By the way why do you think we get picked on more than other clubs.

GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

Yep much better to think we are getting picked on. Now if that isnt childish what is? I take it you are a young teenager so I shouldnt have a go at you but you need some common sense but like they say it isnt that common. Also didnt realise being positive is thinking everyone is against us. I would have thought that is really negative.
What you post originally was an interesting counter view, but now is nothing but the exact opposite to a passionate St Kilda view at events. It has become predictable and irrelevant. Presuming you care, the way to make your views relevant again would be to acknowledge other posters to a degree and then post your opinion.

Like in this case it is obvious that we are not being attacked for being St Kilda, but there is a prevailing mood in the media to be one up on other outlets about a topical subject. That is the media's way. Caro has nothing particularly against the Saints, but she's been on holidays while it's been happening and her inclination is to show a female perspective. Her opinion was always going to be against the club (she would have done the same to Richmond). The HS on the other hand will happily print a story with tenuous facts to be one up on the other outlets. And then you have sub-editors looking to create a headline that will sell the paper which doesn't necessarily represent the tone of the article. St Kilda are not the only ones to feel the brunt of this, Christine Nixon copped it much worse.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

was that a question?

because of past history

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:was that a question?

because of past history
What about the recent history. We surely only have ourselves to blame for most of the recent incidents. People who thought the latest incident wouldnt get these headlines were deluded. It was predictable just as any club would have got them had they had the same 15 months.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yes you are correct
your opinion is always correct
for a non saints supporter

im sorry
carry on

GSG
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Plugger 66 - have you been at the AGM? If not, just for once I would refrain from throwing in your two bobs’ worth which seems to be a compulsion of yours to automatically say the opposite of someone’s opinion.
I was at the AGM and what Caroline Wilson wrote is absolute nonsense. In no way did Nick Riewoldt’s speech hit the wrong note – on the contrary.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

because of past history
What about the recent history. We surely only have ourselves to blame for most of the recent incidents. People who thought the latest incident wouldnt get these headlines were deluded. It was predictable just as any club would have got them had they had the same 15 months.
So explain to me plugger how come the third AFL player involved with the 'teenager' isn't mentioned in the media?.

Why is it only a 'Saints Schoolgirl Sex Scandal'
Why isn't it a Saints and (Insert other Club) Schoolgirl Sex Scandal?

Everybody (the media) knows the name of the third player and the Club he plays for.

Why hasn't he or his CLub been named in media reports?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Oh come on everyone, pluggers is an extreme view, but I absolutely agree that if any other club had a shocking couple of months off field (in or outside of their control) they would be copping it as much right now.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:yes you are correct

im sorry
carry on
Are you a child. I have an opinion and I voice it strongly. Of course think it is correct just as you would think yours is. As for being a non saints supporter can I ask why. It seems to me if you dont whinge about the media, the AFL, footy grounds or hate players from other clubs or other teams then you arent a true Saints supporter. I think that is hilarious. I am 100% a true saints supporter. I have no idea about you so I will not comment but I do my bit and then a bit more for my club. Sorry that i dont think we get picked on more than other clubs though.

suss
Club Player

GSG wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Plugger 66 - have you been at the AGM? If not, just for once I would refrain from throwing in your two bobs’ worth which seems to be a compulsion of yours to automatically say the opposite of someone’s opinion.
I was at the AGM and what Caroline Wilson wrote is absolute nonsense. In no way did Nick Riewoldt’s speech hit the wrong note – on the contrary.
You are not allowed to have that opinion. You are wrong (and paranoid).

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

because of past history
Read this and tell me if you think it's balanced:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/b ... 6000526977

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:What about the recent history. We surely only have ourselves to blame for most of the recent incidents. People who thought the latest incident wouldnt get these headlines were deluded. It was predictable just as any club would have got them had they had the same 15 months.
Hmm, Carlton's boys had a far wilder time than ours last pre-season, pretty sure there wasn't anywhere near the level of wowserism there is this time.

Perspective is wasted on p66, but for anyone else there's a good write-up by The Roar.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2011/02/05/gi ... s-a-break/

And on another front... the gutter trash have ramped up the rhetoric.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/b ... 6000526977

May I just take this moment to say to the H-S editorial staff... go and f*ck yourselves.

Remember folks, it's not the club that is out of control - it is the media narrative. Keep perspective and stay strong.

Edit: Beat me to it, Johnny!

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Oh come on everyone, pluggers is an extreme view, but I absolutely agree that if any other club had a shocking couple of months off field (in or outside of their control) they would be copping it as much right now.
No they wouldn't.

I think the very fact that you call it a 'shocking couple of months' says it all.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

No no true, we should follow the media, because that's where we should get our opinions from after all.

So is John Anderson still writing his column in the Sun after driving drunk into a pizza shop or is he still being hounded by the media now, I don't know because I don't "read" the herald sun.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

because of past history
So explain to me plugger how come the third AFL player involved with the 'teenager' isn't mentioned in the media?.

Everybody (the media) knows the name of the third player and the Club he plays for.

MM it seems your memory fails you. The reason that story was a story in the first place is because how the girl claimed they met and that is why it was a story. it would never had been a story otherwise unless we have stories in the paper everyday on which AFL rooted which girl.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
SainterK wrote:Oh come on everyone, pluggers is an extreme view, but I absolutely agree that if any other club had a shocking couple of months off field (in or outside of their control) they would be copping it as much right now.
No they wouldn't.

I think the very fact that you call it a 'shocking couple of months' says it all.
says what?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

because of past history

MM it seems your memory fails you. The reason that story was a story in the first place is because how the girl claimed they met and that is why it was a story. it would never had been a story otherwise unless we have stories in the paper everyday on which AFL rooted which girl.
My memory is fine plugger, but thanks for asking anyway.

So if a player from another CLub was sleeping with this teenager, at the same time as the 2 Saints players were it's not part of the story when she claims to be pregnant?
Even though she's not had a paternity test done?
The media 'know' it cannot have been the third player?
How do they know?

And when that girl makes an allegation to the police against another AFL player (not either of the saints adn she only claims to have slept with 3 AFL players) that is not a story either?
Why is that not a story?
ANd the fact that she was seen drinking in an overage nightclub in the company of memebrs of a football club (not Saints) whilst still 17 years old is not a story?

Surely the readers would be interested in everything this girl is getting up to, wouldn't they?
Or are the readers only interested in what she's getting up to with Saints players?
I'm a bit naive about the workings of the media so I would appreciate your expertise in this area?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
matrix wrote:yes you are correct

im sorry
carry on
Are you a child. I have an opinion and I voice it strongly. Of course think it is correct just as you would think yours is. As for being a non saints supporter can I ask why. It seems to me if you dont whinge about the media, the AFL, footy grounds or hate players from other clubs or other teams then you arent a true Saints supporter. I think that is hilarious. I am 100% a true saints supporter. I have no idea about you so I will not comment but I do my bit and then a bit more for my club. Sorry that i dont think we get picked on more than other clubs though.
no im not
and if you actually went to a social event around finals time youd find out, and maybe interact with other saints supporters and have a drink and a bite to eat.

apology accepted
and i dont think we get picked on more than other clubs
i think that other clubs seem to get their dirt kept in the laundry
now im off for bacon and egg sannas for breakfast