Has Ross lost the plot???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Has Ross lost the plot???

Stanley and Kosi in the same team. A joke.

Mini selected again. A joke.

No reward for up and coming players - ie. Johnson and Winmar. Another joke.

Hope I'm proved wrong, but very odd selections this week.

Is Ross confused perhaps???

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Has Ross lost the plot???

saintspremiers wrote:Is Ross confused perhaps???
No

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Stanley and Kosi in the same team. A joke.

Isnt Johnson injured. Surely playing him injured would be stupid. Mini in the side makes sense after last weeks non tackling performance. I do agree though about Kosi and Stanley. Doesnt make sense to me. Stanley shouldnt play but then people would whinge that we dropped a young guy.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

As Jeansey would say, 'We have a bit of height-th in the team, especially up front'.

Probably our best 22 this year. As despondent as I am with the team's performance this year, the one ray of hope is that we have Ross as coach. If at some stage this year, we have to reload for the future, he's the one to do it. Sticking with him long term is our best chance for a cup.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:As Jeansey would say, 'We have a bit of height-th in the team, especially up front'.

Probably our best 22 this year. As despondent as I am with the team's performance this year, the one ray of hope is that we have Ross as coach. If at some stage this year, we have to reload for the future, he's the one to do it. Sticking with him long term is our best chance for a cup.
yep

StPeter
Club Player

Have to agree....how many chances can Mini have?
And Stanley, who has heaps of potential you would think but shown little, is surely a risk with Kosi and Ben.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

StPeter wrote:Have to agree....how many chances can Mini have?
And Stanley, who has heaps of potential you would think but shown little, is surely a risk with Kosi and Ben.
Well it seems every time we drop Mini our forward pressure drops off with him.

I am worried about the Stanley, Kosi and Mac factor, but in 2009 we won with Kosi, Mac, Gardi and King all in the same 22! :shock:

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

StPeter wrote:Have to agree....how many chances can Mini have?
So you enjoyed the way we tackled inside our forward 50 against the Bombers?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Mini misses more tackles than he sticks these days..,.applies little, if any fwd pressure.....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Mini misses more tackles than he sticks these days..,.applies little, if any fwd pressure.....
Well lets get your side then. Should be very interesting.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Mini misses more tackles than he sticks these days..,.applies little, if any fwd pressure.....
Well looks like another night of no inside 50 pressure from the Saints.

Why bother with Kosi and Mini at all?

Anything learnt at all from the Bombers debacle?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Maybe you're confused?

What's the difference

Another opportunity awaits!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Well I'm interested in seeing how Stanley plays with Roo adn Kosi all on teh forward line.
Last year we only saw him play instead of Roo, not with him and Kosi.

Maybe there is a 'plan' on show here to offer 3 tall targets on the forward line?

I would think that Stanley as a 'mobile' tall HFF is something a little different for most backlines to worry about.

They can't just concentrate on Roo now, as long as the Saints players upfield honour Stanley's leads.
The opposition may well have an interesting night trying to combat our marking power up forward.

super dooper
Club Player

Are we ever in danger of giving our kids some accountability and playing them once in a while?

We know what mini provides, why not try a cripps or winmar against a weak opposition for an easy kill confidence booster...

I bet if we drafted someone like a Darling (like we should have) he would prob rot in the magoos like all our draft picks playing in a low intensity scrappy competition that does not mirror the big league!

And we wonder why our kids haven't come through in the past 5-6 years... Even geelong and collingwood have taken the time to introduce kids who aren't top 10 picks...

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Well I'm interested in seeing how Stanley plays with Roo adn Kosi all on teh forward line.
Last year we only saw him play instead of Roo, not with him and Kosi.
It happened once- v North in Round 20. Roo kicked 7, Kosi 2 and Rhys 1. 10 goals between them will win us most matches.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Mini has had too many chances.

Essendon showed us up for pace and we have done nothing about it in selection, the team lacks imagination.

Only positive was that retained some kids in the team.

If Ross keeps picking his favs, the club will drop.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

super dooper wrote:Are we ever in danger of giving our kids some accountability and playing them once in a while?
So Steven, Armitage, Stanley, Smith, and Winmar not enough for you?

Anyway it isn't the kids thats the probelm.

Our ruck is the problem, shown up even more without Gardiner and Lenny.

Lance or James??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

super dooper wrote:Are we ever in danger of giving our kids some accountability and playing them once in a while?

We know what mini provides, why not try a cripps or winmar against a weak opposition for an easy kill confidence booster...

I bet if we drafted someone like a Darling (like we should have) he would prob rot in the magoos like all our draft picks playing in a low intensity scrappy competition that does not mirror the big league!

And we wonder why our kids haven't come through in the past 5-6 years... Even geelong and collingwood have taken the time to introduce kids who aren't top 10 picks...
Who should have played this week and why? We have 3 guys with under 15 games. Should be have 5 or 6. How many do Geelong and the Pies have playing at the moment?

realdeal
Club Player

yawn.
Last time i looked Stanley, Steven, Smith and McEvoy were all young.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:Mini has had too many chances.

Essendon showed us up for pace and we have done nothing about it in selection, the team lacks imagination.

Only positive was that retained some kids in the team.

If Ross keeps picking his favs, the club will drop.
Who in the ressies has got pace?

peake has pace and is dropped, cj has pace and is way down.

Stanley has pace. Only other in the club is Cripps.

We weren't shown up for pace, we were shown up for desire, intensity, attack on the ball and skills against Essendon.

Add the fact that we were hammered around the stoppages and thats why we looked so pathetic.

Lance or James??

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Isnt Johnson injured. Surely playing him injured would be stupid. Mini in the side makes sense after last weeks non tackling performance. I do agree though about Kosi and Stanley. Doesnt make sense to me. Stanley shouldnt play but then people would whinge that we dropped a young guy.
Maybe Stanley to defence??!!

Or more likely, Kosi to the Ruck and Stanley forward.

defacto
Club Player

or kozi will be sub'd after a half of football

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:or kozi will be sub'd after a half of football
More likely in the ruck and resting up forward.

Our stoppage work relying alone on McEvoy last game was appalling.

Lance or James??

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

We have threads were people want youth....

We have Smith, Steven and Stanley retained in the team this week. Coupled with Ben and Armo pretty much consistent selections, which they weren't last year.

We have threads were people want tackles....

We bring in Baker and Mini who never lack in this department.

I just don't get the angst (shrugs)

super dooper
Club Player

Besides McEvoy these "kids" play nothing roles.

I think back to 09 when malthouse threw sidebottom head to head with our midfield in a final...

It's one thing playing them it's another what they're instructed to do.

Players like Stanley are merely back up and play a decoy role for roo. The problem is that 16 clubs have cottoned onto the fact we'll go to roo anyway...

Last week we put smith and Steven in the mids in the last qt when the game was shot in junk time against the bombers. What do they gain there?

We're on the slide unfortunately, why don't we actually see what our kids have got instead of playing an armchair role as part of the "bottom 6" players...

Sorry if I have been too real for some people...