Information about Function for Fremantle Game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Michele
Club Player

Information about Function for Fremantle Game

Western Saints round 10 St Kilda Vs Fremantle game function to be held at the Presidents lounge at the Subiaco Football club on Saturday the 28th of May between 11am and 1pm

Tickets are only $20 each with Snack Lunch included in cost of ticket – your choice of Hamburger, Hotdogs and Pies as well as a cash bar .. We will be holding some special Raffle’s as well as the ever popular Memorabilia auction....

Please email westernsaints@saints.com.au for the order form and more information

Look forward to seeing you all there :D

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
PLUGGER14
Club Player

Going over for this one :) Booked & paid this morning.

Looking forward to meeting with some of the faithful from out west!!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

PLUGGER14 wrote:Going over for this one :) Booked & paid this morning.

Gee I hope you have a few days in Perth as the footy will likely be a waste of time watching.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
PLUGGER14
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:

Gee I hope you have a few days in Perth as the footy will likely be a waste of time watching.
Yeah in Perth from lunchtime Friday till 4pm Monday. Footy is a happy (or not) coincidence!

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

PLUGGER14 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Yeah in Perth from lunchtime Friday till 4pm Monday. Footy is a happy (or not) coincidence!
i am yet to book, but the plan is to be in and out as quick as i can, either do the day trip, or arrive friday night and head off sat night.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
loris
Saintsational Legend

PLUGGER14 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

PLUGGER14...look forward to catching up again.......we can reminisce about that wonderful 2nd Test in Birmingham in 2005 eh?

"One hundred and twenty five runs to go ....High Ho the Derry O" ..
(We softly sing in unison without much faith from the first over of the morning on the last day's play)

"Two runs to go......High Ho the Derry O"..
(We loudly sing with so much hope, faith and anticipation of a glorious come from behind win)

Ooooooophs Kaspa did you really glove that ball and give the Poms such joy??:cry: :cry: :cry:

Will you be there again in 2013 Brett? I've already put my deposit down. :P

PLUGGER14
Club Player

loris wrote:
PLUGGER14 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

PLUGGER14...look forward to catching up again.......we can reminisce about that wonderful 2nd Test in Birmingham in 2005 eh?

"One hundred and twenty five runs to go ....High Ho the Derry O" ..
(We softly sing in unison without much faith from the first over of the morning on the last day's play)

"Two runs to go......High Ho the Derry O"..
(We loudly sing with so much hope, faith and anticipation of a glorious come from behind win)

Ooooooophs Kaspa did you really glove that ball and give the Poms such joy??:cry: :cry: :cry:

Will you be there again in 2013 Brett? I've already put my deposit down. :P
Hi ya Loris, I had tried to forget that day......our group got home to the hotel at 0700 on day 5 after lamenting the loss the night before it happened :oops: we actually watched it in the bar of the hotel with no one game enough to leave their seats to duck down to the ground as it got closer!! Unfortunately one of the party uttered the words "Kaspa's looking good we r gunna do it" & of course next ball.......... :cry:

No don't think I'll make 2013 but I have made a deposit for the 2012 Windies trip :D

See u next week :)

loris
Saintsational Legend

PLUGGER14 wrote: with no one game enough to leave their seats to duck down to the ground as it got closer!! Unfortunately one of the party uttered the words "Kaspa's looking good we r gunna do it" & of course next ball.......... :cry:

No don't think I'll make 2013 but I have made a deposit for the 2012 Windies trip :D

See u next week :)

You know who left their seat at the ground?? It was Rod Hogg. He had a bet on Australia winnining and with 3 runs to go he left his seat to be first at the collect window...the rest is history :( :( :( :(
When Hoggy sheepishly re-joined the group did Funky Miller pay out on him for being an ex- Aussie cricketer and have the temerity to get up from his seat and thereby "cause Kaspa to glove it". Not cricket :twisted: :twisted:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

thanks Michele !!!

well it looks like the clubs email didnt get sent out again !!! anyone wanting tickets to the pre game function please send me an email

westernsaints@saints.com.au and i will put you on the list ... you can pay by cheque/money order or by EFT ... and if you ask nicely on the day :wink: ...

its going to be a massive day as we only get the one game this year we are going all out to make the most of it !!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:thanks Michele !!!

>>>anyone wanting tickets to the pre game function please send me an email

westernsaints@saints.com.au and i will put you on the list ... you can pay by cheque/money order or by EFT ... and if you ask nicely on the day :wink: ...
always good to have options - especially option 3 :)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
defacto
Club Player

any word on ticketting for the game yet?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:any word on ticketting for the game yet?
is this of any use?http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/venueart ... =2011-5-28

or do you mean WA member tickets.?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
defacto
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:
defacto wrote:any word on ticketting for the game yet?
is this of any use?http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/venueart ... =2011-5-28

or do you mean WA member tickets.?
wa member tickets

pluggernaut
Club Player

I have a question. I've been a Western Saints/interstate member for the last TEN years, and never once have I been given an opportunity to get a ticket to a game over here in the West. Exactly how are these tickets given out???

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

ok its obvious by the question both you guys are not getting emails from the club ... first thing i would do is go to http://www.saintsmembership.com.au/mysaints.php and make sure you have your email address set up on your membership Secondly i would send an email to myself (westernsaints@saints.com.au) and get on the Western Saints mailing list ... thirdly i would "Like" the Western Saints on Facebook by clicking on the following link ( )

then you will be up to date on all the info ...

back in April all members who have their email/mobile number registered with the club recieved an Email or SMS advising that they needed to register their want for tickets to the Freo game by the 20th of April .. now this was sorted on a first in first served basis and given we have over 1400 WA members and a ticket allocation of about 300 tickets most members missed out ... now this is not the clubs fault nor the Western Saints as Subi oval only holds 45k people and with freo hovering around the 44K member mark and the WAFC rules stating 1000 tickets must be available to the public we have no options of giving more tickets ....

i just logged onto Ticketmaster then and was easily able to find tickets still available to the game so that would be the best bet !!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

St Michele
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:

I wouldn't write us off Freo have heaps of injuries and are having a bad a run as us could be ok....

Michele
defacto
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:ok its obvious by the question both you guys are not getting emails from the club ... first thing i would do is go to http://www.saintsmembership.com.au/mysaints.php and make sure you have your email address set up on your membership Secondly i would send an email to myself (westernsaints@saints.com.au) and get on the Western Saints mailing list ... thirdly i would "Like" the Western Saints on Facebook by clicking on the following link ( )

back in April all members who have their email/mobile number registered with the club recieved an Email or SMS advising that they needed to register their want for tickets to the Freo game by the 20th of April .. now this was sorted on a first in first served basis and given we have over 1400 WA members and a ticket allocation of about 300 tickets most members missed out ... now this is not the clubs fault nor the Western Saints as Subi oval only holds 45k people and with freo hovering around the 44K member mark and the WAFC rules stating 1000 tickets must be available to the public we have no options of giving more tickets ....

i just logged onto Ticketmaster then and was easily able to find tickets still available to the game so that would be the best bet !!
i get all of the above. i think because i am a 11 game holder and social club they have some how missed me. its pretty f***ed that i pay for a higher membership and therefore dont get tickets to wa games even though i dont use any of the 11 home games in melbourne.

last year i got tickets to both the wce and freo games. sounds like our membership crew have once again f***ed up and not used common sense.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:ok its obvious by the question both you guys are not getting emails from the club ... first thing i would do is go to http://www.saintsmembership.com.au/mysaints.php and make sure you have your email address set up on your membership Secondly i would send an email to myself (westernsaints@saints.com.au) and get on the Western Saints mailing list ... thirdly i would "Like" the Western Saints on Facebook by clicking on the following link ( )

i get all of the above. i think because i am a 11 game holder and social club they have some how missed me. its pretty f***ed that i pay for a higher membership and therefore dont get tickets to wa games even though i dont use any of the 11 home games in melbourne.

last year i got tickets to both the wce and freo games. sounds like our membership crew have once again f***ed up and not used common sense.
i have heard that some members with the social club membership in WA were not getting Western Saints information ... i have chased the club up about this and they are investigating it ... the thing is the club do not (and in my opinion should not ) factor things like years of membership or type of membership if they are going to hold a "first in first served" style allocation process it is as it says First in first served ..this year with us only having one game in Perth makes it even harder to keep everyone happy , if i were you i would be very happy that you got tickets to both games last year as i know some members who missed out twice ...

again if you want to complain about it try directing your anger at the WAFC for their stupid 1000 general public tickets .. or the WA government for sitting on their hands for the last 15 years and not having the forward sight to build a 60K stadium in Perth ....

defacto
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
defacto wrote:

i have heard that some members with the social club membership in WA were not getting Western Saints information ... i have chased the club up about this and they are investigating it ... the thing is the club do not (and in my opinion should not ) factor things like years of membership or type of membership if they are going to hold a "first in first served" style allocation process it is as it says First in first served ..this year with us only having one game in Perth makes it even harder to keep everyone happy , if i were you i would be very happy that you got tickets to both games last year as i know some members who missed out twice ...

again if you want to complain about it try directing your anger at the WAFC for their stupid 1000 general public tickets .. or the WA government for sitting on their hands for the last 15 years and not having the forward sight to build a 60K stadium in Perth ....
defintely not having a go at you mate or the good work the wa saints do. i am also very gratefull that i got two tickets last year. no complaints there.

the problem i have (like alot of our other members) is with the membership dept. i find it bloody amazing that i get all of the saints emails (offers, members updates etc.), i get all of the WA Saints newsletters, i get club sms about potential offers/member feed deductions (even though i paid in full) but i dont get the email to go into the ballot even though i got the email last year.

bloody hell i even got called about the social club last week. they have my number. all my details are up to date.

its becoming more and more evident that our membership operations are disorganized, inefficient and poorly run. it wasnt long ago members were promised their membership packs in full before christmas. the date kept getting pushed back with conflicting information. some members who renewed as soon as the club allowed them to, didnt get their membership packs in full until march.

if this was any normal business or service and not a football club i love, i would have taken my business elsewhere. because its plainly obvious that they dont know wtf they are doing.

i'll email the membership dept now. frustrated :-(

defacto
Club Player

sorry if my post comes off angry. just so frustrated with one small part of the football club. so easy to fix too.

to reiterate, i dont blame the western saints or anyone volunteering their own time to help the western saints. i think they do a great job especially with the very limited resources they have.

St Michele
Club Player

defacto wrote:sorry if my post comes off angry. just so frustrated with one small part of the football club. so easy to fix too.

to reiterate, i dont blame the western saints or anyone volunteering their own time to help the western saints. i think they do a great job especially with the very limited resources they have.
I know other Social Club members that don,t get these too from what I can work out it is only the members with Coutry/intersate memberships that get them as that is what is promised with their membership. So while you get the WA info you technically don;t get offered the ticket (if that makes sense)

Not that I think this is right a Saints member is a Saints member and if you live in WA you should get access to them.

Michele
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

If any WA Sainters attend Fremantle training this week, can you give us some feedback on Sandilands please.

Alternatively, any local media reports on him.

Would be a big out for nrext week. Mc Evoy may just get a tap or two.
:roll:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:

see im in the same boat 11 gamer sc in SA
when i get Port tickets over here for round 16 i think it is, ill let you know if and what we paid as members in our home state

defacto
Club Player

are the saints going to train in perth this week, can supporters attend the training?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:sorry if my post comes off angry. just so frustrated with one small part of the football club. so easy to fix too.

nah its ok i understand your frustrations and ill be honest the club is the first to admit that there are some bugs in the system and i feel personally it stems from the AFL actually controling the membership information not the club ... basically the AFL give the club the information it asks for now in this case i think the problem was it asked for interstate/county members within the post code range of 6000-6999 ... what we should have asked for was all members within the postcode range of 6000-6999 ... i might be wrong but when im not doing Western saints work i work in a marketing role and i know first hand how the slightest mistake can cause a marketing list to give wrong data ...