Ross Lyon news on TFS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Ross Lyon news on TFS

Can someone please report?

Some news about RL on The Footy Show.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Barrett's going to make something up

Another opportunity awaits!
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

kim slept with ross :shock:

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

my Take
Collingwood news- Pendelbury resigning....

saints News.- again I'm guessing he's picked up on " St Kilda coach Ross Lyon: I'll go if team loses trust" and will have gone hunting for a player former or present who will say something......

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

and to beat damo
SP_10 Scott Pendlebury
by therunhome
Happy to be signing my contract tomorrow to stay at the club until the end of 2012.
1 year contract???

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Surely a 1 year contract isn't in his own personal best interests.. Even if it gets him a lot of bargaining power with gws..

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Surely a 1 year contract isn't in his own personal best interests.. Even if it gets him a lot of bargaining power with gws..
wouldve thought a 1 yr deal would only make speculation around his future worse.....lets hope.

“Yeah….nah””
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

There's a get-out clause in Lyon's contract apparently available to both parties (himself and the club). That's the news. :roll:

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:There's a get-out clause in Lyon's contract apparently available to both parties (himself and the club). That's the news. :roll:
OMG :shock:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:There's a get-out clause in Lyon's contract apparently available to both parties (himself and the club). That's the news. :roll:
WOW :wink:

Thank You James- I agree- not the only one .... most clubs would be making sure such clauses are there- to save MONEY IF things take a turn for the worse....
Last edited by saintbrat on Thu 19 May 2011 11:49pm, edited 2 times in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
python
Club Player

Has there ever been a season where so many non stories get extensive coverage by the press?

As far as I could tell, they knew the club would never move him on after this year (i hope at least) thanks to the success we've had with him over the last two years, so they started to drum up the 'lyon will walk' angle.

Awful reporting imo

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Where did they drag this gutter smuttering crab of a journalist?

Seriously...........he makes a big deal of a "get out clause".......and Brayshaw says..."to be fair....thats in 90% coaches contracts.."

What a dud.

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Where did they drag this gutter smuttering crab of a journalist?

Seriously...........he makes a big deal of a "get out clause".......and Brayshaw says..."to be fair....thats in 90% coaches contracts.."

What a dud.
:lol:

yeah

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

This is what happens when you get a journo on a show on a weekly basis and you pump up his tyres as the AFL's greatest newsbreaker.

What happens if there's no real news in a particular week? Does Damien say I better not come on tonight as I don't have anything to report?

No, I think we've just seen what happens :roll:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Spinner wrote:Surely a 1 year contract isn't in his own personal best interests.. Even if it gets him a lot of bargaining power with gws..
wouldve thought a 1 yr deal would only make speculation around his future worse.....lets hope.
Maybe he wants to see how Bucks goes first?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Club want to offer him an extension and probably will. What a friggin beat up.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Club want to offer him an extension and probably will. What a friggin beat up.
good sign him and get it done.

Focus on the rebuild if thats what it is.

Lyons got us to GF's - most succesful coach since Jean. He deserves a chance to rebuild so let him get on with it.

Waiting to "see how it goes till half way through next year" changes little for me cause to guage a rebuild success will take longer than that anyway.

IF the desire is there from coach and club...get on with it.
Why allow this sort of distracting dribble to spill over into another year?

I

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Why does anyone care what the guy says unless you are actually worried. As far as I am concerned people can say what they like.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Why does anyone care what the guy says unless you are actually worried. As far as I am concerned people can say what they like.
So 'journalist's' (those trained and those self appointed) have the Plugger stamp of approval to lie, cheat, distort, twist without fear of consequence and only in the name of entertainment.

Dumb.

What I want to know is why Ross and the club bother putting anyone on that hackneyed rubbishy variety hour. It's a nonsense program well past its due date and anything said or done on it is utter crap. Make a stand ST K. Stick your middle digit up at Eddie Corp and concentrate your energies on the important stuff.

That's what I reckon.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Why does anyone care what the guy says unless you are actually worried. As far as I am concerned people can say what they like.
So 'journalist's' (those trained and those self appointed) have the Plugger stamp of approval to lie, cheat, distort, twist without fear of consequence and only in the name of entertainment.

Dumb.

What I want to know is why Ross and the club bother putting anyone on that hackneyed rubbishy variety hour. It's a nonsense program well past its due date and anything said or done on it is utter crap. Make a stand ST K. Stick your middle digit up at Eddie Corp and concentrate your energies on the important stuff.

That's what I reckon.
Did he do any of that. Anyway no one watches the show. I have been told that on many occasions. We are far to precious when things are mentioned about our club. What was said last night will not even get mentioned in any other media because it is a non story. The footy show is entertainment. Most news isnt news.

Middo
Club Player

Why do you bother ..?

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Having stopped watching the show years ago, can anyone tell me when was the last time they 'broke' a negative story about Collingwood (Club, players or administrators) on that show?
I'm envious of their 'perfect record' in running things 100% correctly and never having any issues to 'handle'.

From reports on here over time it would appear that every Club, except Collingwood, have been the 'target' of their 'incisive investigative journalism' at one stage or another.

I just wish we were run as perfectly as Collingwood appear to be.
Then we wouldn't have to wake up to negative stories about our Club, players or administrators.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:The footy show is entertainment.
That is highly subjective!

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Dumb.

That's what I reckon.
Did he do any of that. Anyway no one watches the show. I have been told that on many occasions. We are far to precious when things are mentioned about our club. What was said last night will not even get mentioned in any other media because it is a non story. The footy show is entertainment. Most news isnt news.
Is it still on? What channel?
Do they still print the Herald Sun daily while we are at it?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

What I found interesting about what Barrett said was;

There was a clause in Ross' contract. Both Barrett & Garry Lyon appeared to be very excited that this was a "BIG" story until James Brayshaw butted in and said that most coaches would have a similar cause. This seemed to get Barrett a bit miffed as it stuffed the story up.

Barrett admitted that he was "speculating" with this story even though both Ross & the club have said he is there for the long haul. The word "speculating" is interesting in this context. Is he calling Ross & Michael Nettlefold liars? Is "speculating" journo speak for trying to make something out of nothing? I would love to see Spud Frawley and/or Jason Dunstall take Barrett to task over this on air on MMM this weekend

I believe that there is way too much "speculating" in the media these days. I liken it to gambling; sometimes they get it right, sometimes they get it wrong. The only difference is that they are using the credibility of those they "speculate" about as their gambling comodity !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!