Great Gutsy Win!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sam23
SS Life Member

Great Gutsy Win!

Gee I'm impressed after that.

I was certainly not impressed during the second quarter and the early stages of the third.

Ray carrying something from early in the game, Armitage out of the game for almost a quarter, Polo off for 20 minutes, BJ with a broken nose - and the way we ran out the game just with the desire to win in that last quarter was a real highlight!

Jones' job on Hill was one of the bigger tagging smashings of the year, Hill had little to no impact, and Jones really hurt Fremantle the other way, with 29 touches.

Dal Santo worked hard in the first half and did OK but then from about the 15 minute mark of the third quarter he just took over! He was brilliant. He is part of the elite group of the competition.

I thought Schneider was well down in the first half, but he really rebounded after half time, played quite well.

Milne is just a little gun. Actually, he is a big gun! Criminally underrated as he slams home another 4 goals, moving toward that 500 goal mark now.

Riewoldt's two kicks for goal were really frustrating and he was soundly beaten up until three quarter time, but his last quarter was fantastic, really got amongst it too set up the win due to just running McPharlin off his feet.

Fisher is a gun.

I think Gamble was poor even pre injury, probably it for him now I feel. Not sure who replaces him though.

Koschitzke!!! Wowee. Huge 1st half, HUGE - quiet third quarter before again going bang in the last! It really is the perfect roll for him, rucking and drifting forward. Keeps him involved in the game and he was quite good in the ruck tonight as well!

I thought Montagna had his colours lowered.

Those who doubted Blake must be a little embarrassed, he was fantastic also.

I'm really happy with that win, just a great sign for us to respond like that despite having men down on the bench and running over the top of the Dockers.

Goddard.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Agree with all of that.

Geez Kozi's disposal impressed me. He's a very steady field kick.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Hmmm....

Agree with the majority, except....

Monty was tagged so didn't have a lot of impact however still got plenty of the ball and won some crucial clearances. I don't think he had his colours lowed. Pass for me.

Blake had plenty of uncontested disposals and kicked sideways a lot. I think his performance is being overrated.

You forgot to mention Dempster. Absolutely towelled Balantyne and won plenty of ball himself. As much as Jones dominated tonight I reckon Demspter has overtaken him as our best stopper.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Not sure on Gamble, he just gets down the ground and works, the new Dempster, super work horse.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Really???

Middle part of the game we were a bit of a rabble......again...which is a bit of a worry when we dont capialise on a dominant start (richmond game) but like wce & suns....we finished the game off...

Really impressed by kosi...

degruch
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Really???
Uh oh! :P

gringo
Saintsational Legend

It wouldn't have been a rabble if we played all the kids.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

What's wrong with Vegas?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:What's wrong with Vegas?
Had his ankle iced and strapped.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:What's wrong with Vegas?
Had his ankle iced and strapped.
Yep rolled it, Polo dislocated his thumb but came on, Armo was sore but also came back on and kicked that last goal.

Schillaci
Club Player

Fantastic :D
Nice to get 6 in a row. Who would've thought we'd be 6th after Round 20...given our start.