Gilbo and his goal celebration?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

karnak
Club Player

Gilbo and his goal celebration?

Did anyone else notice that when Gilbo kicked his goal that noone came to celebrate? It was a great and crucial goal and I didn't notice anyone congratulate him. I don't think I'm reading to much into this.

Carn the Sainters! all the way in the finals we've all earned it (almost).

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

It almost hit the post, but just missed. Perhaps that was what he was aiming at. He has to give away the twenty metre pass. It either falls at the feet of a Saints player or goes straight over their head to an opponent. The 50 metre down the ground has to be his only option. No guarantees where that will go but at least it will take longer to come back, and backs and forwards will be equally confused.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

because he has announced in house, to the team, that he is off to GWS?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

some are as picky as the Carlton biased commentators looking at every little thing
one of them during our down time commented that there was no 'support' after a goal celebration

Blighty dcelared that Nick R had never had a little chat to the Boys at the base of the banner before - he obviusly NEVER watches the start of saints games- given he does it EVERY week.......
Last edited by saintbrat on Sun 04 Sep 2011 11:42am, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SaintTom
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:some are as picky as the Carlton biased commentators looking at every little thing
one of them during our down time commented that there was now 'support'

Blighty dcelared that Nick R had never had a little chat to the Boys at the base of the banner before - he obviusly NEVER watches the start of saints games- given he does it EVERY week.......
I noticed that too. He said it was 'most unusual'. Really, he must have known he just made that up...

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

thank god blighty was commentating, breaking up the carlton lovefest from lane and walls.
as for gilbert's goal - i think he was a bit embarressed - looked like he miskicked it to me.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I loved the result - not the kick, but what I liked most, was his long run forward to make himself an option - great gut running, for potentially a nil result (no-one kicking to him).

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:thank god blighty was commentating, breaking up the carlton lovefest from lane and walls.
as for gilbert's goal - i think he was a bit embarressed - looked like he miskicked it to me.
It was a mongrel fluke. He was just being sheepish. And he was a mile away from anyone else...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Moods
Saintsational Legend

My take on it is that the boys knew it was the last game of the year - everything was a bit low key. I noticed many of the celebrations (apart from Milney of course:lol: ) were watered down

Megsie
Club Player

must have been watching different game. I saw teammates congratulate him. to his credit Gilbo was not over the top about his achievement like
others.