Thank You For Everything Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Thank You For Everything Saints

Despite a shattering result tonight we still have to give credit to the boys for all that they've overcome.

This is a group that has never said die, and I appreciate it.

This group has created a culture that our club can be proud of, they have set up the framework that our club will carry on the the next 15 years plus.

If Ross goes to Melbourne I would thank him for his services and wish him all the best.

If Goddard goes to GWS I will thank him for his services and wish him all the best.

I still love this club and I hope that despite the fact that it looks like we wont get that premiership I will still always remember this group with great fondness and the utmost respect.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Bunch of triers sums it up

spert
Saintsational Legend

Too much left to too few- poor on-field leadership for much of the year

battye
Saintsational Legend

Mid way through the year, we were almost certainly going to miss out on finals. So to show the resilience that we did and make the top eight is something to be proud of.

Without Hayes and Gwilt it was always going to be an uphill battle, but despite that I think we all knew that this wasn't going to be our year even though we all hoped. We just have to reload and make sure we get off to the best possible start in 2012.

It's a sad end to the year.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
PakenhamSaint
Club Player

For the year we had it was never going to end well. It was going to catch up on us.
We've had a great year to get where we were. They should be congratulated on that.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:Mid way through the year, we were almost certainly going to miss out on finals. So to show the resilience that we did and make the top eight is something to be proud of.

Without Hayes and Gwilt it was always going to be an uphill battle, but despite that I think we all knew that this wasn't going to be our year even though we all hoped. We just have to reload and make sure we get off to the best possible start in 2012.

It's a sad end to the year.
yeah well said
deep down knew it wasnt going to happen

but still
pissed off

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Fair dinkum.

We were never going to win the flag despite a deluded few that thought otherwise.

No point sugar coating a pathetic gutless effort tonight.

StSteven
Club Player

Sad to see such a potentially great team end this way. Many will never pull on the jumper again.

Where to from here.....I have no idea.

Pathetic year......

BakesFan
SS Life Member

odd emotions.... I'm gutted over tonight's loss... yet strangely relieved that this dreadful season is over.......

..we now have almost a month's extra preparation for 2012.... Rooey will have time to get his knee sorted and put in a full pre-season..

.. Lenny and Jimmy will be back (we've really missed those two)....

I believe, with a bit of luck, we can re-load and have a real crack at the 2012 Flag.

GO SAINTS!!!

SirDog
Club Player

I love the saints but I do believe they have shortened my life by 10 or so years through stress. The last few years have been so awfully frustrating. When you think they are down - they get up; and when they are up - they go down. It's having to take wins or loses on a match by match basis. There is no degree of certainty or predictability with this group.

But anyway thanks saints for turning around a poor start to 2011. :(

St.Kilda fan - through and through.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Fair dinkum.

We were never going to win the flag despite a deluded few that thought otherwise.

No point sugar coating a pathetic gutless effort tonight.
Correct....it got quite pathetic at one point....reality is a great leveler.....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
SainterX
Club Player

Thanks for the memories St Kilda 2011. Every teams season ends eventually, expected we would go another week at least, but was not to be.

Hats off to our midfield and backline for covering for the loss of Lenny and Jimmy, you did an admirable job. :D

2012 now beckons, take a few risks with the list, find ourselves a genuine full forward, with a hatred of all things black and white, red and white, and blue and white and we will be right there contending again. :D

Crushed tonight, but the good thing is there is always gonna be a next year, and in a few weeks we will be like 15 other clubs, second best.

For a club though with a quarter of a century of wooden spoons I could not be prouder of the continued effort. Well done since 2003, sustained effort has taken us a long long way, and I hope it continues next season.

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
linmarnic
Club Player

PakenhamSaint wrote:For the year we had it was never going to end well. It was going to catch up on us.
We've had a great year to get where we were. They should be congratulated on that.
I'm with you PakenhamSaint. It was a terrible start to the year and it got worst. The boys did very well to come back as they did and earn a home final. They tried their best but were not good enough. You felt they were always trying to catch up but were never going to get there in the end.
At least our come back this year provides us with he oportunity to have a crack next year with his current group. Wel done on the effort and for never giving in.
Go Saints in 2012.

Never give up
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

gee whiz, we fell hard, dug deep and a had a crack
any other year we would have been mad not to tank, but with nothing to gain, despite being spent , we showed we still had some in the tank and had a go
well done Saints in 2011, although totally exposed, and cruelly hit early on, we gave more than many other teams should have

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

HardSaint wrote:gee whiz, we fell hard, dug deep and a had a crack
any other year we would have been mad not to tank, but with nothing to gain, despite being spent , we showed we still had some in the tank and had a go
well done Saints in 2011, although totally exposed, and cruelly hit early on, we gave more than many other teams should have
+1

Rosco
Club Player

+ 1

thanks for the effort, overhaul now, keep ross, enjoy an extra 3 -4 week off, put in an honest effort next year.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

BakesFan wrote:odd emotions.... I'm gutted over tonight's loss... yet strangely relieved that this dreadful season is over.......

..we now have almost a month's extra preparation for 2012.... Rooey will have time to get his knee sorted and put in a full pre-season..

.. Lenny and Jimmy will be back (we've really missed those two)....

I believe, with a bit of luck, we can re-load and have a real crack at the 2012 Flag.

GO SAINTS!!!
Also totally shattered. Yet relieved thats its over. Does that make sense? I think we have done an amazing job to get where we did considering all we had to endure. Make the tough decisions Ross, I don't see us in the 8 next season, but I don't care. as long as we have a good plan. As always, Go Saints

Qld Saints Supporter Group
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

It all seems so surreal. Like it wasn't that long ago I was typing in the same room thinking about how we could improve on 2010. Jack Steven, Rhys Stanley, attacking footy, Gilbo forward, Cripps giving run, BJ to step up another level...

I wish I didn't care so much...

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Very ordinary year and no thanks from me.

loris
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Very ordinary year and no thanks from me.
Ditto "plugger66" I echo your sentiments :(

PaytonPlace
Club Player

I'm too upset to even think anything positive or negative

Just broken

I can't even rouse myself to anger...

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I dont accept Mediocre.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
gringo
Saintsational Legend

SirDog wrote:I love the saints but I do believe they have shortened my life by 10 or so years through stress. The last few years have been so awfully frustrating. When you think they are down - they get up; and when they are up - they go down. It's having to take wins or loses on a match by match basis. There is no degree of certainty or predictability with this group.

But anyway thanks saints for turning around a poor start to 2011. :(
Luckily every other club offer certainty. That's why our game is crap, we should have EPL style dominance where collingwood wins every year.