Our board is a pathetic, sniveling, spineless organization

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Linton Street Saint
Club Player

Our board is a pathetic, sniveling, spineless organization

I really don't need to say anymore apart from the fact that Nettlefold is a bumbling idiot and Westaway has the passion and presence of a cabbage. Practically thanked Lyon for leaving us in a heap and then some.

We are in for a long long haul folks ......

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Then maybe you need to support a bunch of low life deceitful mob like the shockets

I love this club
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Our board is a pathetic, sniveling, spineless organizati

Linton Street Saint wrote:I really don't need to say anymore apart from the fact that Nettlefold is a bumbling idiot and Westaway has the passion and presence of a cabbage. Practically thanked Lyon for leaving us in a heap and then some.

On the other hand you could argue that they displayed a level of class, dignity and professionalism that members & sponsors would be proud of !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Linton Street Saint wrote:I really don't need to say anymore apart from the fact that Nettlefold is a bumbling idiot and Westaway has the passion and presence of a cabbage. Practically thanked Lyon for leaving us in a heap and then some.

On the other hand you could argue that they displayed a level of class, dignity and professionalism that members & sponsors would be proud of !!
well said eastern, my first reaction to the club was negative but the more I see the club in action the more itvproves your point

I love this club
kaos theory
Club Player

Grow up.

We are on the market for a good coach. How do you think the candidate would feel about a club they are going to for an interview bagging out another coach or trying to sue him?

Better the club says nothing, thanks him for his time and gets on with the job. Its for us and other to vent our disgust at Ross Lying....

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:

What sponsors?

They instill zero confidence in me.

Nettelfold on FC looked like a dead duck.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Eastern wrote:

What sponsors?

They instill zero confidence in me.

Nettelfold on FC looked like a dead duck.
Which category do you fit into? Member or Sponsor? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Fair dinkum, sack the board, get rid of them, yeah right,and just who would you replace them with?

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Fair dinkum, sack the board, get rid of them, yeah right,and just who would you replace them with?
B4E for starters. That would surely get Westaway talking!!

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
derby Street
Club Player

Best you leave then

Bowey Boy
Club Player

It is like losing a girlfriend - you knew it was over and it is for the best.
She's now got a new bloke, he has a bigger more expensive car and will probably be more successful than you ever will be.
Only yesterday she said she would never leave but she has. Your relationship was built on a falsehood. You had tried to satisfy her but were afraid of commitment. She wanted too much and you were not sure...and for good reason...but for this she has gone.
She will never look back, just ask her...but in her heart a little piece will remain..wondering about what was lost...and the rest is up to you.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
georgie girl
Club Player

Eastern wrote:

+1
We have had enough negative publicity this year. I think the board are sending the message that the club is more important than the individual and doing it in a quiet but professional way. We certainly don't need to give the media any more to 'feed' on!

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Don't think so.

Maguire#31
Club Player

Wouldnt have minded the board making a stand... Cant believe the enforced the clause RL used to leave the club into his contract. WTF.

Justin Koschitzke --> The Next Matty Maguire!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Typically weak and incomptetant

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Rather put our energy into becoming better rather than bitter…

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Who is the one snivelling? How do you think another GT/Butterss type situation was going to help the situation? Lyon would have had a field day with his press conference had St Kilda gone to town on him. He watched it closely to see their reaction. He mentioned that during his press conference.

Sometime saying nothing publicly is much better than snivelling like a baby. THAT is more damaging to your brand.

The board handled themselves perfectly.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Megsie
Club Player

the lowlife was Lyon not even having the guts to call "his" players
together for one last goodbye/explanation !!!!!!!!!

The board was preparing for a press conference after receiving his
acceptance of a new contract late yest. via a TXT message only to
learn at his arrival at the club he was now wanting "OUT"

the club did persist with neg. until informed by Lyon he didn't want
to discuss his contract until seasons end. Their first approach was late
may when we were 1-8.

How much can a board do??
was so proud of their professionalism today.....made freo & lyon look
like 'pathetic' low lifes,

philip
Club Player

[quote="Eastern"][quote="Linton Street Saint"]I really don't need to say anymore apart from the fact that Nettlefold is a bumbling idiot and Westaway has the passion and presence of a cabbage. Practically thanked Lyon for leaving us in a heap and then some.

We are in for a long long haul folks ......[/quote]

On the other hand you could argue that they displayed a level of class, dignity and professionalism that members & sponsors would be proud of !![/quote]

My old friend

You can be classy and professional without being pathetic and soft.

Articulating a view that conveyed a sense of betrayal given he'd got his now former mgmt team to negotiate a deal would be appropriate.

From what has been said 4 years and an unconditional contract had been agreed by both parties 3 weeks ago. Minor details is all that held it up.

A strong club would never act like they were suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

And given Ross made comments at the presser about the process our response should to factually present a timeline of negotiations to debunk his pathetic defense.

Let me be clear, I do not begrudge him leaving for that kind of coin, but I do take issue with the way in which he did it.

Also for the record, his list management and recruiting over the time has been very poor. Will review it on a new thread another time.

And one more thing, can the media stop saying he got us to three GF's - he did not, we made two, one of which was replayed due to a draw. Good effort, but as Seinfeld said, coming second makes us the first loser but still a loser.

The board has leant too far over and must show some passion and anger. Otherwise there will be ramifications for all of them.

philip

Just looking forward to us having a real crack each week, and appreciating the younger talent coming through.
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Our board got gazumped by another with more money. Fact.

Not their fault.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

They didn't have to be bitter but they didn't have to be that nice either. I don't know what happens behind the scenes and I'm sure the old goat tries hard and does a good job but I can't say I'm a Westeway fan.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

GT said on MMM tonight before the game that he believed Nettlefold was on 700k a year.

If this is correct then that is an absolute disgrace

Bring back the Lockett era
Bowey Boy
Club Player

jonesy wrote:GT said on MMM tonight before the game that he believed Nettlefold was on 700k a year.

GT is not a supporter.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Bowey Boy wrote:
jonesy wrote:GT said on MMM tonight before the game that he believed Nettlefold was on 700k a year.

GT is not a supporter.
Agree. However if he is right,then it's still a disgrace

Bring back the Lockett era
Megsie
Club Player

why?

are you a bumbling 'no body' jealous of a corporates salary ??

seems like an old fashioned " i can't get that much why should you"

syndrome. There are haves & have nots i'm guessing your the latter.