Exciting times ahead!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Stu

Exciting times ahead!!!!

We will be getting a brand new coach with fresh ideas and a new take on our current playing group.
Maybe the kids we all so badly want to play will now get a chance!!!
Our brand might be quick, fast, champagne football!!!
In Pelchen we have a trade week genius, so maybe a few speedy, skiled players instead of recycled role players.

The last coach we found turned out to be not to shabby, maybe our coaching panel do have na eye for good coaches???

These are exciting times, any thoughts????

Keep it positive or go get your head down!!!!!!!

StNoodles
Club Player

Enjoy and share your optimism mate.

Watching the kids blossom is one of the joys of supporting your club.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Whoever we get, I just hope he/she doesn't rush into playing Walsh.

Not sure if he's ready yet.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Spud
Club Player
Location: Near the You Yangs, or as my wife used to call it, the Dugongs.

StNoodles wrote:Enjoy and share your optimism mate.

Watching the kids blossom is one of the joys of supporting your club.
Yes it will make a potentially difficult season that much more enjoyable.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Whoever we get, I just hope he/she doesn't rush into playing Walsh.

Not sure if he's ready yet.
Still trying :D

I think he needs another season or 5 at Sandy

I love this club
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Noting that the Dullbogs went for McCartney :shock: :? :roll: when Leon Cameron was a supposed shoo-in and the Crows have not appointed Scotty Burns it seems that the media "gurus" :roll: have difficulty distinguishing their collective arse from their collective elbow. I reckon it puts the Saints in a reasonably handy position ATM. Cameron has spent time with a professional outfit at Hawthorn and has worked with Pelchen so if we were to recruit him, there could be many benefits in the "Hawthorn connection".
I rate Burns very highly as a person, and would have no difficulty whatsoever in welcoming his appointment as senior coach. I really do believe that neither Eade, Roos or Malthouse would be an option for a rebuild. In some respects, Eade has allowed the modern game to pass him by. I have got over the shock of Ross Lyon's departure and now feel VERY excited at the new challenge ahead, A young keen coach, can revitalise our club and give us a terrific shot in the arm for the next 3/4 years,
AND lets not forget, we STILL have some top quality players on the roster!
DON'T write off our chances for next year!!! Geelong will show us what can be achieved when they lift the premiership in two weeks time.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Agree, exciting times ahead. I've been a critic of Lyon over this season. He's been too conservative at the selection table and has let his ego get in the way during trade periods. This year suggests that his methods have been outdated. I'm not in anyway upset that he's left, I'm actually glad. I look forward to seeing some quality youth developed and a more exciting brand of footy played.

Our list isn't too shabby either. We should still do ok next year if we inject 6 or so improved players. I think we can do it and continue to play finals with our current list.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm not suggesting that "thank goodness we've seen the back of Lyon-happy times are here again" Personally, I would have been happy to see him there for another 3/4 years, but I'm NOT about to "open a vein" 'cause he has chosen to leave. Thats life! But a new approach, with somebody with a different footy philosophy may not be a bad thing.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
thefatdork
Club Player

.... I have got over the shock of Ross Lyon's departure and now feel VERY excited at the new challenge ahead, A young keen coach, can revitalise our club and give us a terrific shot in the arm for the next 3/4 years,
DON'T write off our chances for next year!!! Geelong will show us what can be achieved when they lift the premiership in two weeks time.[/quote]

I am almost over the shock too - and reckon we can be a much better outfit without him, provided a few things go our way in term of new players (with some skills - please can we get some that can actually kick it to Rooey on the lead!!??) and young ones improving.
It would be really great if the boys could also manage to keep their schlongers in their pants during the off-season - I don't want to read about any more Saints scandals.
Lets get off the front/back page and get on with playing footy.
GO SAINTS. 8-)

Ross who?
Club Player

This is the most sensible post on the whole board IMO.
This is how Saints supporters should feel. Optimistic about a fresh start. Are we all forgetting Geelong having a new coach this year!!!

Blake Acres fan club VIP
Stjohn
Club Player

Reminds me of the famous 'Fawlty Towers' quote..

Sybil - "Don't" Panic"
Basil - "What else is there to do?!!!" :lol:

" I am a loyal person and at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know I am a St Kilda person for life. That was something that has heavily influenced my decision.â€
Nikky Rixon
Club Player

This list of players should be peaking now with thier age and experience anyone should be able to coach them , they should be where GEELONG are , its kicking and handballing and dreadful set shots for goal (Nick Riewoldt) thats cost us

westy
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:Noting that the Dullbogs went for McCartney :shock: :? :roll: when Leon Cameron was a supposed shoo-in and the Crows have not appointed Scotty Burns it seems that the media "gurus" :roll: have difficulty distinguishing their collective arse from their collective elbow. I reckon it puts the Saints in a reasonably handy position ATM. Cameron has spent time with a professional outfit at Hawthorn and has worked with Pelchen so if we were to recruit him, there could be many benefits in the "Hawthorn connection".
I rate Burns very highly as a person, and would have no difficulty whatsoever in welcoming his appointment as senior coach. I really do believe that neither Eade, Roos or Malthouse would be an option for a rebuild. In some respects, Eade has allowed the modern game to pass him by. I have got over the shock of Ross Lyon's departure and now feel VERY excited at the new challenge ahead, A young keen coach, can revitalise our club and give us a terrific shot in the arm for the next 3/4 years,
DON'T write off our chances for next year!!! Geelong will show us what can be achieved when they lift the premiership in two weeks time.
I tend to share your thoughts about Scott Burns and Leon Cameron although I tend to favour Burns

I'm livin' in a madhouse
Ross who?
Club Player

westy wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:Noting that the Dullbogs went for McCartney :shock: :? :roll: when Leon Cameron was a supposed shoo-in and the Crows have not appointed Scotty Burns it seems that the media "gurus" :roll: have difficulty distinguishing their collective arse from their collective elbow. I reckon it puts the Saints in a reasonably handy position ATM. Cameron has spent time with a professional outfit at Hawthorn and has worked with Pelchen so if we were to recruit him, there could be many benefits in the "Hawthorn connection".

I tend to share your thoughts about Scott Burns and Leon Cameron although I tend to favour Burns
The fat bald prick on FC last night said Burns had ruled him self out because he didn't want to live in Melbourne.

Blake Acres fan club VIP
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Well that's ambitious

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Ross who? wrote:
westy wrote:

The fat bald prick on FC last night said Burns had ruled him self out because he didn't want to live in Melbourne.
How does GT know that?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Ross who? wrote:
westy wrote:

How does GT know that?
Is Caro losing her hair?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.