3 Re-sign

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintWodonga
Club Player

3 Re-sign

According to a Saints facebook page:

"Sean Dempster, Zac Dawson and Farren Ray have inform people at the Best and Fairest tonight they will remain saints and will be re-signing, Great news!"

Has anyone got confirmation of this?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Spoke to Farren and he says it is about a week away ... wants to stay.

CJ very very happy to have signed up again.

To me Zac Dawson looked like a guy not at ease with the world.

I think he is on the trade table. Just my opinion.

"Word" was the club is open for player / player swaps if the right deal came along but no expectation that we would be trading players for draft picks.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

and Brett Peake says no way would he want to go back to Fremantle

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

jays
Club Player

good news thanks

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

so jones is staying?

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:so jones is staying?
I have never worked out why people think any of Dawson, Peake or CJ wouldnt stay. Not as if we have ready made replacement for them.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
I have never worked out why people think any of Dawson, Peake or CJ wouldnt stay. Not as if we have ready made replacement for them.
Thats good. Has he re-signed? is that announced somewhere?

“Yeah….nah””
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:and Brett Peake says no way would he want to go back to Fremantle
is tha t a subtle sledge at the MESSIAH?

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

It gives us player solidarity going forward, which is great. With everything else falling down around the Club, player solidarity is good to see.

Let's hope now, we don't make some stupid and unsettling player decisions - like moving BJ on !

Bardon Saint
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote:Spoke to Farren and he says it is about a week away ... wants to stay.

"Word" was the club is open for player / player swaps if the right deal came along but no expectation that we would be trading players for draft picks.
If we could swap Zac for another player, would we look at another full back? With Gaertner gone, Blake with only a year or so left, it would put a fair bit of pressure on Simpkin. I'm not sure if we have any other replacements?
If so, are there any other full backs available?

linmarnic
Club Player

Bardon Saint wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:Spoke to Farren and he says it is about a week away ... wants to stay.

If we could swap Zac for another player, would we look at another full back? With Gaertner gone, Blake with only a year or so left, it would put a fair bit of pressure on Simpkin. I'm not sure if we have any other replacements?
Brian Lake if we can afford him would be good if he can recapture his 2009 form.

Never give up
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

whiskers3614 wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:and Brett Peake says no way would he want to go back to Fremantle
is tha t a subtle sledge at the MESSIAH?
Doubt it, probably got more to do with the circumstances in which he left Freo in the first place...

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Bardon Saint wrote:

Simpkin looks like he will be a player and besides him only Willy J is a key back. Possibility of Archer, Walsh or Stanley also taking a backline role if needed, that said i still highly rate Dawson and hope he is staying. He gets bagged way more than deserved.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Re: 3 Re-sign

SaintWodonga wrote:According to a Saints facebook page:

"Sean Dempster, Zac Dawson and Farren Ray have inform people at the Best and Fairest tonight they will remain saints and will be re-signing, Great news!"

Has anyone got confirmation of this?
We posted this on our TrueSainters Facebook page, but think another page copied it onto theres aswell.... Farren Ray said he should have it all sorted out next week, Zac Dawson is just negoatiting with the club, just minor money details, but very confident they will meet in middle somewhere very soon.. He also emphatically said he has not spoken to Ross Lyon, neither has Farren. Faz said he doesnt want to go back to WA at all as his mum would drive him crazy.

Dempster said they are working through the process but he absolutely loves the club and wont be going anywhere.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

great news when it's made official.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I'm really surprised by the anti-Dawson themes on this forum

why would u want to lose him... surely with defiencies up forward, in the midfield and only having 1 ruck means that u wouldn't want to spend money and resources on the backline right now.

Personally don't see what Farren and CJ bring to the table that others could not.

CJ is and always has been a great tagger with extremely poor skills that doesn't often produce at the standard he should and Ray is ineffective

Would trade them both in a heartbeat if I got a decent detail

westy
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Thats good. Has he re-signed? is that announced somewhere?
Not only that, I reckon with the right coach/coaches, these guys could be big improvers next year.

I'm livin' in a madhouse
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

CJ told me he had signed last week.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:CJ told me he had signed last week.
cheers for that.

“Yeah….nah””
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

skeptic wrote:I'm really surprised by the anti-Dawson themes on this forum

why would u want to lose him... surely with defiencies up forward, in the midfield and only having 1 ruck means that u wouldn't want to spend money and resources on the backline right now.

Personally don't see what Farren and CJ bring to the table that others could not.

CJ is and always has been a great tagger with extremely poor skills that doesn't often produce at the standard he should and Ray is ineffective

Ray is a player who actually has ability, with scope for improvement, and CJ is arguably the best tagger in the league. Dawson had one decent season when the team was flying in 09' and has been ordinary to bad since. I'm hoping like hell Dawson is traded this week, any pick will do.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Little Dozer wrote:

Ray is a player who actually has ability, with scope for improvement, and CJ is arguably the best tagger in the league. Dawson had one decent season when the team was flying in 09' and has been ordinary to bad since. I'm hoping like hell Dawson is traded this week, any pick will do.
I suppose we are that good we dont need a FB. Tell me all the bags that were kicked on Zac this year or any year? I cant remember them but you obviously know because you know how bad he has been.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Little Dozer wrote:

I suppose we are that good we dont need a FB. Tell me all the bags that were kicked on Zac this year or any year? I cant remember them but you obviously know because you know how bad he has been.
Little Dozer wouldn't know what day it was.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
elizabethr
Club Player

Dawson is amzing and close to the best Full Back in the League. :shock:

nothing to say
BallBanger
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Little Dozer wrote:

Little Dozer wouldn't know what day it was.
Could be jb that you have no idea. Lies are what you're good at not being judgemental.
Can't believe you try and chair some of these threads...you have no idea how pathetic you are!!

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Poor old Joffaflog, 15,000 posts, most of those pure hatred directed to anyone that has a different opinion, which is just about everyone. Best to just ignore Joff and Tugger66.