Robert Harvey walks out!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Robert Harvey walks out!

Gone to the Filth

Joining the list

Lyon
Misson
Berkohov
Walsh

Obviously Seaford is becoming an issue :)

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Robert Harvey walks out!

barks4eva wrote:Obviously Seaford is becoming an issue :)
But not an issue if you get the top job :roll:

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Yeah, definitely Seaford... Harves saw the town and was shocked I heard, couldn't understand why anyone would ever be associated with Seaford...

IF true, is a bit of a kick in the guts. Was bad enough seeing Banger in a Carlton top, now Filth? Obviously very very disappointed at not getting the coaching role.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Kilda
Club Player

So the defections continue...sooner or later, the club has to accept some responsibility for these mass walk outs.

Whilst I'm not saying that Harvey should have been appointed coach, I do believe he was treated shabbily...why on earth did St Kilda appoint him caretaker coach and raise his hopes? This was an unnecessary (and arguably foolish) move. We simply didn't need to have a caretaker coach...

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Kilda wrote: Whilst I'm not saying that Harvey should have been appointed coach, I do believe he was treated shabbily...why on earth did St Kilda appoint him caretaker coach and raise his hopes? This was an unnecessary (and arguably foolish) move. We simply didn't need to have a caretaker coach...
THIS!

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:
Kilda wrote: Whilst I'm not saying that Harvey should have been appointed coach, I do believe he was treated shabbily...why on earth did St Kilda appoint him caretaker coach and raise his hopes? This was an unnecessary (and arguably foolish) move. We simply didn't need to have a caretaker coach...
THIS!
Bit of a nonsense post and it is comes as no shock that B4E is agreeing with nonsense.

We appointed because we needed a positive face around the club and we did so. That is all.

Harvey has been childish.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Its not a great look when you see the talent that has walked out of here over the past few years.. ie, SOS, Tudor etc.

Now I don't know how 'talented' Harvey is as a coach, I couldn't see him as a great motivator, seemed to do more motivating with his actions on the field than his words. Could be wrong but its sad to see a club great leave the club again....

Strength through Loyalty
saintlee
Club Player

Assistant coaches come and go all the time...don't think this is a big deal....often new coaches want to bring in their own assistants anyway....

ThePunter
Club Player

According to some supporters, the previous regime was a disaster. We didn't win a premiership, and didn't develop any youngsters.

According to these same people, the changing of this regime is now a disaster.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Is the whisper that even burkie and banger have fallen out over 'this' ?

(whatever 'this' is)

... must be big picture stuff , if so , imo.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Maklom
Club Player

Confirmation...anywhere? Until I see him in a filth polo I will not believe it.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

He will return!

He will return!

The move at this time is best for his coaching development. As a result of Collingwood's financial strength they probably the best development and coaching development teams in the country. This is evident by the number of Assistants going on to Senior jobs they have produced over the last couple of years.

Hopefully at some stage he also takes on an affiliated VFL side and by that time he will be ready to return and take over the SAINTS job at some time down the track.

All the best RH you are a legend of the club~

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Maklom wrote:Confirmation...anywhere? Until I see him in a filth polo I will not believe it.
Ok then........call it another psychic vision!

Harvey is leaving for the filth and it will be officially announced soon!

longtimesaint
Club Player

Maybe i'm old fashioned but how does someone walk out of a contract where he has 2 years remaining.
This leaves the club in the lurch to finf another midfield assistant when most have been snapped up by now.
at Collingwood he will be just one of lots -there's nearly as many coaches as players!

One year will be our year
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Sooky La La if true...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Kilda wrote:So the defections continue...sooner or later, the club has to accept some responsibility for these mass walk outs.

Whilst I'm not saying that Harvey should have been appointed coach, I do believe he was treated shabbily...why on earth did St Kilda appoint him caretaker coach and raise his hopes? This was an unnecessary (and arguably foolish) move. We simply didn't need to have a caretaker coach...
Assistant coaches change every year, for just about every club. Collingwood now has lost at least 2 assiatants, why? because they got orther jobs. Are you going to apply this to every team, or doesnt that fit your rant?

I love this club
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Kilda wrote:So the defections continue...sooner or later, the club has to accept some responsibility for these mass walk outs.

Assistant coaches change every year, for just about every club. Collingwood now has lost at least 2 assiatants, why? because they got orther jobs. Are you going to apply this to every team, or doesnt that fit your rant?

I love this club
BeauLeFatheur

banger is a club legend, always has been always will be.
but, if he doesn't want to be here he shouldn't be. we only want coaches focused on our ultimate goal of a premiership - and if harves found the situation untenable then he's done the right thing by walking.
best of luck with your career harves, and i hope your new club doesn't win a single game.

markp
Saintsational Legend

I blame Lyon.

Someone help me figure out why....

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Source??

Typical of all of your posts B4E... utter bullcrap!

Yes he most probably will walk, but as yet he hasnt so your statement is simply untrue.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

fingers
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
THIS!
Im tipping nobody on this forum knows how he was treated
Last edited by fingers on Wed 19 Oct 2011 11:52am, edited 1 time in total.

markp
Saintsational Legend

I blame Lyon.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

ThePunter wrote:According to some supporters, the previous regime was a disaster. We didn't win a premiership, and didn't develop any youngsters.

According to these same people, the changing of this regime is now a disaster.
I agree mate. Saints supporters are a pessimistic bunch aren't we? A lot of supporters will never be happy until we win our next flag.

Strength through Loyalty
fingers
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:I blame Lyon.

Because it's easier to blame Lyon than to actually admit that maybe our Robert Harvey wasn't up to the top job and has cracked the sh1ts or has decided to expand his horizons.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

St Ick wrote:Yeah, definitely Seaford... Harves saw the town and was shocked I heard, couldn't understand why anyone would ever be associated with Seaford...
Eh?

Didn't Harves play childhood footy at Belvedere Park?

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."