Banger to be named filth midfield coach today

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Banger to be named filth midfield coach today

Article in The Age.

All the best Banger.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Concur.

I guess this is how hawks fans felt watching lethal coach the pies and then the brions.

Banger has been at the pies and blues :(

That said he along with winmar are among my all time faves. Much like Highlander 2, Winmar's last season at the dogs has been obliterated from my memory.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Best of luck to the champ.

The sight of him in a filth shirt next year is going to make me ill but I personally hold no bad feeling toward Banger.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Not sure that's his best role funnily enough given how incredible he was as a midfielder.

Please nobody get offended at that, it's just an observation.

I'd have him in development personally....still all the best to him, except v Saints of course.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Sorry,I just can't wish luck to any involved with trying to benefit the filth.

Meh,maybe it will help diminish the unhealthy hatrid I have of them ?

Bring back the Lockett era
St Lenny
Club Player

I never saw Harvs in a Blues gear and I have never seen Max in filth gear. I will do the same again with Harves at Colinwood, wont look.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

To be honest I thought our midfield was crap this year so the filth can have him for a couple of years. ;)

dragit
Saintsational Legend

May he learn well from the richest footy department in the land… & bring the knowledge back to us down the track.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:I never saw Harvs in a Blues gear and I have never seen Max in filth gear. I will do the same again with Harves at Colinwood, wont look.

I accidently saw Max in a filth shyte shirt, not a good look and not looking foward to seeing harves in a filth shirt, the thought makes me ill

I love this club
loris
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:May he learn well from the richest footy department in the land… & bring the knowledge back to us down the track.
That is the positive............... will have been to two very rich & powerful clubs (Carlton & Collingwood) and have inculcated ideas,how and where money is spent at successful clubs, player development etc. Exposure to differing cultures, methods should be invaluable for him if he aims to be a senior coach, where he will need a rather holist view of a club & its ventures and its dealing within the AFL.

Listen to John Worsfold, he always says that the time spent away from West Coast at as an Assistant at Carlton, broadened his horizons and gave him more confidence at times standing up to the West Coast Board when they differed on directions. Said it made him very alert to not falling into the 'group think' mentality that can easily set into a club when not exposed to outside influences.

All the best Banger, will welcome you back with open arms when you are ready.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
dragit wrote:May he learn well from the richest footy department in the land… & bring the knowledge back to us down the track.
That is the positive............... will have been to two very rich & powerful clubs (Carlton & Collingwood) and have inculcated ideas,how and where money is spent at successful clubs, player development etc. Exposure to differing cultures, methods should be invaluable for him if he aims to be a senior coach, where he will need a rather holist view of a club & its ventures and its dealing within the AFL.

Listen to John Worsfold, he always says that the time spent away from West Coast at as an Assistant at Carlton, broadened his horizons and gave him more confidence at times standing up to the West Coast Board when they differed on directions. Said it made him very alert to not falling into the 'group think' mentality that can easily set into a club when not exposed to outside influences.

+35

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

If it was tough seeing Banger in the Carlscum polo shirt, it will be extruciatingly bad seeing him in a filth one! F@RK that!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
saintly
Saintsational Legend

better then having him at freemantle. i think i would throw up if that had happened!

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

saintly wrote:better then having him at freemantle. i think i would throw up if that had happened!
Filth is worse for me, always will be! Can't stand em!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I hope he does as good a job with their mids as he did with ours.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Did it happen :?:

Saintsational Legend

Funny thing isn't it, having one of the nicest blokes in football go to 2 of the most dishonest feral clubs in the league, I guess the positive is that witnessing the internal going ons in the bowels of these rotten organizations may prove to be an educational tool in their demise when he returns.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:

+ 1

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:Funny thing isn't it, having one of the nicest blokes in football go to 2 of the most dishonest feral clubs in the league, I guess the positive is that witnessing the internal going ons in the bowels of these rotten organizations may prove to be an educational tool in their demise when he returns.
Yep, Finally Harv's will lose his innocence. :shock:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Not sure that's his best role funnily enough given how incredible he was as a midfielder.

Please nobody get offended at that, it's just an observation.

I'd have him in development personally....still all the best to him, except v Saints of course.
I must agree. His best role would be as a mentor and development coach for young players. Wish he had stayed, but all the best Robert.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

All the best Robert Harvey, our greatest champion ever. You have earnt it.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
Go Sainters Go
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:Funny thing isn't it, having one of the nicest blokes in football go to 2 of the most dishonest feral clubs in the league, I guess the positive is that witnessing the internal going ons in the bowels of these rotten organizations may prove to be an educational tool in their demise when he returns.
That's the plan, no doubt. Agree 100%. Well done Banger - remember "knowledge is power".

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"