W A loves the saints .

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

W A loves the saints .

Just back from a month in Western Australia and gotta say , Good on you loyal W A saints fans . In my time there , i expected to see lots of eagles and dockers fans , but it was refreshing to see allot of cars with saints stickers on them . one fan even has the number plate STKFC1 , I tooted the horn and waved at a few , so if any you WA posters got tooted by a d@#$head in a hire car , it was probably me .
Still its great to see your passion for the red white & black !

P. s. im glad to be home cos i got sick of the sun being up at 5 , the cloudless skies and the 30+ degree weather ( i know apart from the last few days ) ! :wink:

In red white and black from 73
saintDal
Club Player

Just this past month I've seen a guy walking down the street wearing a Saints jumper (candy stripe) and a guy at the shops wearing a Saints polo. Don't see that very often here.
Last edited by saintDal on Fri 09 Dec 2011 10:41am, edited 1 time in total.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintDal wrote:Just this past month I've seen a guy walking down the street wearing a Saints jumper (candy stripe) and a guy at the shops wearing a Saints polo. Don't see that very here.
some years ago on; at that time; only my second visit to Perth I was wearing a Saints t shirt and was stopped in one of the malls By someone who was a former player- But I was so surprised I didn't really get his name- :?
but the colours can be a talking point-

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
defacto
Club Player

saintDal wrote:Just this past month I've seen a guy walking down the street wearing a Saints jumper (candy stripe) and a guy at the shops wearing a Saints polo. Don't see that very here.
what suburb could be me. saints in wa is huge, cult following. growing by the day

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:
what suburb could be me. saints in wa is huge, cult following. growing by the day
How could the "CULT" be anything but successful with a leader like rogerwa, the Western Saints Billy Graham? :wink: :lol: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintDal
Club Player

defacto wrote:
Joondalup.

defacto
Club Player

saintDal wrote:
defacto wrote:
Joondalup.
yeh i lived in joondi up until a month back. maybe it was me. crazy. see heaps of saints stickets and licence plates on the freeway though

Bardon Saint
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
defacto wrote:
How could the "CULT" be anything but successful with a leader like rogerwa, the Western Saints Billy Graham? :wink: :lol: !!
Is rogerwa still around?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

we have got a massive supporter base here in WA and the best thing is a large percentage of the WA supporters are actual members ... i always have a stack of Western Saints stickers in my car so when ever i see a car in parking lots with saints stickers or seat covers they end up with a western Saints sticker under their windscreen wiper blades...

in 2011 WA broke the 1700 member mark so we are pushing hard especially now with the WA boys at the club to beat that again in 2012 ...
1700 makes us third behind Collingwood and Essendon for the biggest non West Coast or Freo supporters in WA .. it also makes the Western Saints the largest St Kilda supporter group outside of Victoria ....

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:we have got a massive supporter base here in WA and the best thing is a large percentage of the WA supporters are actual members ... i always have a stack of Western Saints stickers in my car so when ever i see a car in parking lots with saints stickers or seat covers they end up with a western Saints sticker under their windscreen wiper blades...

in 2011 WA broke the 1700 member mark so we are pushing hard especially now with the WA boys at the club to beat that again in 2012 ...
1700 makes us third behind Collingwood and Essendon for the biggest non West Coast or Freo supporters in WA .. it also makes the Western Saints the largest St Kilda supporter group outside of Victoria ....
Terrific stuff St Trav.

No doubt our recent (relative) overall success and excellent form in Perth greatly assists the cause.

Keep fighting the good fight :)

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:we have got a massive supporter base here in WA and the best thing is a large percentage of the WA supporters are actual members ... i always have a stack of Western Saints stickers in my car so when ever i see a car in parking lots with saints stickers or seat covers they end up with a western Saints sticker under their windscreen wiper blades...

Terrific stuff St Trav.

No doubt our recent (relative) overall success and excellent form in Perth greatly assists the cause.

Keep fighting the good fight :)
cheer mate ... i think the fact more people are now aware that there are other options in WA besides the Eagles and Dockers to support and also the influx of former Victorians moving to WA for work helps the cause a lot ... we just work on makeing sure every supporter knows that there is a big supporter group in Perth then we work on them becoming members .... last year i converted a family of 5 to be members after i bumped into them at the AFL store buying a saints beanie ... the owner of the AFL store wasnt happy with me cause they ended up putting the beanie back and purchasing it from the saints online store ... :)

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

KingSaint
Club Player

Hey guys...long time reader, first time poster...and all that stuff.

Anyhoo, I live in Kingsley and have St Kilda plates...9SKFC. Used to be on a white toyota tarago...are now on a red toyota Rav4.

Honk if you see me...as I do when I see other Saints people.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

KingSaint wrote:Hey guys...long time reader, first time poster...and all that stuff.

Anyhoo, I live in Kingsley and have St Kilda plates...9SKFC. Used to be on a white toyota tarago...are now on a red toyota Rav4.

Welcome to the madness King Saint :D

Where exactly is Kingsley? It wasn't named after Kent was it? :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
KingSaint wrote:Hey guys...long time reader, first time poster...and all that stuff.

Sometimes you relly do talk crap. Everyone knows it was named after Ben. Now dont be a smartarse.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Sometimes you relly do talk crap. Everyone knows it was named after Ben. Now dont be a smartarse.
It was actually named after Adam

Another opportunity awaits!
jays
Club Player

great stuff guys

KingSaint
Club Player

Northern suburbs of Perth...lovely little spot about 15 minutes from the city.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Kingsley Footy Club were sadly the team that lost some of their team members in the Bali bombings a few years back :cry: :cry: :cry:

loris
Saintsational Legend

[quote="st_Trav_ofWA"

1700 makes us third behind Collingwood and Essendon for the biggest non West Coast or Freo supporters in WA ..

[/quote]

We will have to get back working harder then.............. a number of years back the Western Saints were the leading AFL supporter group in WA only West Coast & Freo had more members. I think it was only Subiaco & Claremont in the WAFL at that stage that also had more members.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
defacto wrote:
I dont think Billy Graham partook of the amber fluid ;-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
KingSaint
Club Player

loris wrote:Kingsley Footy Club were sadly the team that lost some of their team members in the Bali bombings a few years back :cry: :cry: :cry:
Yes...a very sad time. I was on the Kingsley Junior Football Club committee at that time, and we share clubrooms with the senior guys...a difficult time for all.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:

We will have to get back working harder then.............. a number of years back the Western Saints were the leading AFL supporter group in WA only West Coast & Freo had more members. I think it was only Subiaco & Claremont in the WAFL at that stage that also had more members.
definatly .. we dont want to be beaten by the likes of the filth in WA .. the Western Magpies are very well run supporter group and they get a huge amount of support from the collingwood football club and the collingwood cheersquad (i think the Western Magpies were a major player in collingwood replacing the dockers in the Chris mainwaring legends match this year) hopefully this is somthing we can have matched by our club and our cheersquad ..(the club have been very very supportive so far for season 2012 to us)

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

KingSaint i just sent you a PM about the Western Saints ... i hhope to hear from you

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Remember watching a reality cops type show which was filmed in Perth a while back. I think it was on channel 10. They were undercover cops doing real life stings. One of the cops always wore a St Kilda parka when they were about to collect all the crims at the end of a sting. Anybody else watch that show?

PS my relos are all St Kilda barrackers and live around the Warwick/Hillarys area.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

your arty side coming out Plugger?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.