Social Club memebership suspension

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Fearless
Club Player

Social Club memebership suspension

Comrades,

I have been a social club member 8 years straight. I am now living overseas for about 3 years and so will miss Saints games for most of that period.

The Club advised this situation is covered by taking an abesent membership for $50 which I have. On the phone the Club advised that my Social Club history remains in place so I get immediate access to grand final tickets, should the need occur, on re-signing for full social club membership.

Can anyone verify that this is how it works. I would not want to miss out, after the scars of 09/10 I feel I deserve another chance!.

Cheers.

Fearless, Saints footy. That's what I like.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Social Club memebership suspension

I would ring and check again
My assumption is that if you suspend full membership 11 or 16 game
Grandfinal Tickets are available for
Adult 11 + social club
adult 16 + social club
etc etc including Interstate Premium- which is 11 vic game + 1 home state game + social club

Yes good if they are saying you maintain your social club history BUT if you suspend and just take out Sideline $50 and the saints happen to get into the G/F in this year I would ASSUME ( no knowledge and thus this would be the question) that you would not be eiligble for a Grandfinal ticket in the year you have taken out the Sideline.
http://www.saintsmembership.com.au/gene ... #memberkit see the memberkist details on right hand side- ^ at bottom says no access to weeks 1-3 of finals.

so MY suggestion is Ring again and check that fact,
and that the basic you can take to get G/F ticket is Adult 11 + social club.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah id be checking that like bratty said
never heard of this before and was under the impression that once you dropped off you had dropped off and could only get back on if positions were avl.
i wonder how many spots are avl this year still, if any?

the thing im worried about in your post is: "The Club advised that my Social Club history remains in place so I get immediate access to grand final tickets, should the need occur, on re-signing for full social club membership."
thats right, on RE-SIGNING
if all the social club memberships are taken up you wont be able to get back in (?)

its not like you can just come back in 3 years and say, "ill have my social club membership back thanks."
in 3 years time we might be right up there and being a major contender and the social club membership may be full.

if you can afford it get an interstate premium membership shipped to someone you know in a state other than victoria (250 bucks for the season, and gets you a GF ticket should we make it)

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Keep you social club membership and fly back to Melbourne for the Grand Final.

That's what I'd do.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

If we make GF next couple of years I will get tou tickets even if I have to use scalpers!

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
Fearless
Club Player

Thanks all, good advice, sounds like I need to maintain social club memebership to get access to GF tickets this year, if the need should arise. Worrying of course is poor advice from the Club, which I suspected.

Fearless, Saints footy. That's what I like.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Fearless wrote:Thanks all, good advice, sounds like I need to maintain social club memebership to get access to GF tickets this year, if the need should arise. Worrying of course is poor advice from the Club, which I suspected.
not necesarily
would depend on how your question was couched- If you did not specify that you wished to come back' This year' for a grand final- then they may assume you would only wish to re activate your Social club when you didn come back into Australia.
differant people have differant knowledge base and may read your question differantly.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

That the fee is only $50, I think tells you that you that would not qualify for GF tickets in that year should we make it.

However like most thinks in life....get it in writing (if not mentioned in the details of the package) and do not rely on just a verbal conversation for a point of such critical importance. .

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....