A word on Goddard 'diving'

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

A word on Goddard 'diving'

I'm loathe to give this topic too much air because, frankly, it's pretty boring, but I couldn't help but chuckle when at 23 or seconds into the attached video I noted that BJ gets snotted in the jaw (not hard, but hard enough), his head jolts back, he stands his ground, and despite the ump being on the spot he doesn't get a free...

In the circumstances perhaps his, urmm, 'heightened sensitivities' later on had some foundation...

http://www.saints.com.au/multimedia/tab ... #playvideo

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Re: A word on Goddard 'diving'

I actually thought Goddard was taking the piss (diving incident). He went over like he'd been shot but smiled the whole time.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

I don't understand why Goddard was warned yet Walked did exactly the same thing in the 3rd quarter after kicking a goal.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:I don't understand why Goddard was warned yet Walked did exactly the same thing in the 3rd quarter after kicking a goal.
It was because BJ's "acting" was bloody awful. Best he sticks to what he does best !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

The way Jesse Hogan reported it on the Monday was the typical way of things as far as the Saints go. Any way to 'saintsationalise' and endemic issue, and they jump at it. The ongoing reality is that St Kilda sells newspapers. Put a Saints banner on the online papers and the hits go thru the roof. Same goes for Collingwood.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Just sad to see him do it. Quite comical.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I didn't think BJ was taking the piss. If he wasn't then he should've copped a fine.

It's nit something to take the piss. Stick to heckling IMO.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:I didn't think BJ was taking the piss. If he wasn't then he should've copped a fine.

With due respect to whatever you are trying to say, you are either typing drunk or I'm heavily illiterate.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:I didn't think BJ was taking the piss. If he wasn't then he should've copped a fine.

It was one of probably 100 similar instances this season. Yes 100, at least. I'm interested as to why BJ's performance has been put under the microscope.

What a joke. Why BJ? Why St Kilda? :roll:

No way would he have been done for staging, as contact was made.

The first time someone gets done, it will be more like the Kane Cornes one, when he actually spun and on replay nobody actually physically touched him.

Winmar
Club Player

It made him look rather silly, and I'd rather no St Kilda player did that sort of thing. Maybe they won't again after this week's media attention.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Incredibly lucky not to be the first charged you'd have to say?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Incredibly lucky not to be the first charged you'd have to say?
And that honour goes to...... drum roll.....

Leroy Jetta :D

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-ne ... 6362602105

"ESSENDON'S Leroy Jetta is the first AFL player to be charged with staging. Jetta faces a reprimand after being cited by the AFL match review panel for staging after kicking a goal in the second quarter at the MCG last Saturday night...."

Doctor Two
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
SainterK wrote:Incredibly lucky not to be the first charged you'd have to say?
And that honour goes to...... drum roll.....

Leroy Jetta :D

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-ne ... 6362602105

"ESSENDON'S Leroy Jetta is the first AFL player to be charged with staging. Jetta faces a reprimand after being cited by the AFL match review panel for staging after kicking a goal in the second quarter at the MCG last Saturday night...."

Must be the culture at Windy Hill

Wonder if I could give a retropective citizens charge to the velvet sledgehammer himself - Matthew Lloyd

Bad Co.
Club Player

What about the master of all stagers: DARREN BEWICK!

(Remember that free on the boundary late '98, resulted in 2 point loss and the begining of the end.)

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Bad Co. wrote:What about the master of all stagers: DARREN BEWICK!

(Remember that free on the boundary late '98, resulted in 2 point loss and the begining of the end.)
You forgot the original stager, Dennis Collins :wink: