Respect....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Respect....

Win this week and the world takes us serious again.... lose... and Carlton win just shows us to be a side with good players capable of causing an upset on our own dung heap on certain days.

I was impressed with the evenness of contribution from Carlton - that type of consistent effort will trouble all sides, so really up to us.

Sure, Egirls will be up and about - even more the reason that if we can get this win our respect will rise considerably.

Can Milne do something interstate when it really matters? Can Armo and Ray and co back up in excellent games?? Answer these in the positive and we will be hard to beat.

“Yeah….nah””
StevieSaint
Club Player

Re: Respect....

LETS SMASH EM SAIIIIIINTAZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO SAINTS GO
battye
Saintsational Legend

Good post Teflon. I agree wholeheartedly.

Last week proved to me that we are still capable of beating the big boys. But a win this this week would make me believe we are a chance towards the pointy end of the year.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I like going into matches where the opposition are hot favourites, seems to suit us...

Someone on here last week, or was it on the telecast (?) very wisely said, it was like the boys were growing confident in the gameplan as the game was actually unfolding.

I think they have bought in, and have put the past behind them.

felix
Club Player

Can't wait for nic nak and Stanley to bang heads together, if we win that battle game on

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I loved the look in Armo's eye's after he kicked that long goal on the run against the scum...He thought to himself; "YES!! I did it!!" Armo - you've arrived! I reckon he will have a blinder against wet toast. I hope Wilkes gets a couple of goals and can play a good game in front of the rellos and friends and I'm looking forward to Stanley, Steven, Gears, Simpkin and all the boys to continue with their good form.

With Schneids and Raph and Jimmy Gwilt looking to come back into the team and with Stanley and Simpkin getting regular games, and of course the additions of Saad and Millera this year, this means there's more depth in the list, so that has to be a big plus. I see this competition for spots and the overall effect that will have on every player at training, and with every aspect of players preparation during the week, playing a large part in assisting Saints to play deep into September.

Saints team 2012 is definitely an improved and invigorated line-up imo. We've still got a great defensive mindset, but it's great to see a bigger spread of goalkickers, faster ball movement and a willingness of the team to take on their opponents and to relish the contest. GO SAINTERS

TJMcCarthy
Club Player

Re: Respect...AWW MATE.... MUH MUH MUH MUH MAAAAAATE, I would fuggin love a win over the weagles. Such a big club now, sitting on top of the tree this year. If we knock them off, we are officially B. I. T !!! Respect -you betcha!

Will Jimmy Gwilt play? That'd be awesome too. Good luck James.

Strength Through Unity - CAR'N THE SAINTS!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I have a good feeling about this one, even if we lose a close one the respect will be coming our way. The Eagles are a very good unit in Perth and won't be easy but not impossible.

The Carlton win is very important just for the way the Eagles will match up. Having saad, Milera and Milney running riot will have them planning around three small defenders. Most teams have a pair of small defenders on hand but if they take a player with them from around the ground WCE are running a player short in the link up. Wilkes is important in the same way. Play him out hard on the flanks and he causes Roos second man to be accountable or force them to get another player back. kosi can then run riot causing a double team necessity on him. At some point being accountable for players causes imbalances else where. WCE play zone footy a lot of the time so possibly will ry to back their ability to win more ball out of the middle so we need to contest like it's a GF. I wouldn't be surprised to see Scott play through the forwards more on the bigger ground though also, it will mess with them a bit hopefully.